Welcome To aBlackWeb

Have You Ever Thought Of Running For Political Office?

SirReginald

Black Jew. Baruch Adonai
I use to touch on this with thecoli. However, I want to know where you all are at with this. Have you ever thought of running for political office and if not now in the future? I thought about it later on in life. After I finish college and get on my feet maybe for local or state office.

It was a brief thought. Actually the thoughts comes whenever a fucked up situation is exposed about a city or local municipality. But them I remember it's a whole bunch of corruption and backwards systems in place. One person can't make the difference...probably wouldn't even be alive to see the fruits of my thoughts.

Even if you start out with the best of intentions you eventually get co-opted and/or absorbed into a bigger party aka you sell out. That's the formula, unfortunately

No. My boy has ran a couple times in his municipality and came up short. Wanna see him get over. That would be a nice get out of jail free card to have in the tuck.

I thought about running for the Paradise town advisory board some years back. Paradise, NV doesn't have a city council, per se, so all municipal functions happen through Clark County itself. It does have a town advisory board that functions similarly to a city council and reports to the county commission any changes needed, etc. Same goes for all of the other cities that surround Las Vegas (Winchester, Enterprise, Spring Valley, Sunrise Manor, Summerlin).

I'll put it this way

I might be an asshole but . ..

I got empathy

A large majority of politicians the world over are more of the former than the latter

And in my own country... government corrupts people you'd describe as decent in personal character the minute they enter office.. the killings/assassinations too

I do daydream of if I was ever President of Nigeria ...

Back