Welcome To aBlackWeb

Have Mercy!! Aunt Becky Involved In Huge College Acceptance Scam; Gets 2 Months in Prison, Husband gets 5 Months

Actress Felicity Huffman has been sentenced to 14 days in prison for her role in the sweeping college admissions scandal .

The “Desperate Housewives” star was sentenced in Boston’s federal court Friday after pleading guilty in May to a single count of conspiracy and fraud.

She was also given a $30,000 fine, 250 hours of community service and a year of supervised release.

She has admitted to paying an admissions consultant $15,000 to have a proctor correct her daughter’s SAT exam answers in 2017.

Prosecutors had recommended a month in prison and a $20,000 fine. Huffman’s lawyers said she should get a year of probation, 250 hours of community service and a $20,000 fine.

Huffman said before sentencing that “I am deeply ashamed of what I have done. I have inflicted more damage than I could ever imagine.”
She’s the first parent to be sentenced among 34 charged in the scheme.

kobeshrug.gif

If they "donated" that money for a new building or something, nobody would give 2 shits.

When they go after that shit, then I might give a fuk.

@AP21 you wouldn't give your child the leg up if you could?
i wouldnt do what they did

they coddled their children b/c they felt their kids couldnt hack it at fucking USC of all places. Imagine the kids that actually qualified that couldnt go b/c they couldn't get in that actually deserved it.

all i can do is a parent is provide for them a place of stability and the tools needed for them to be the best possible students they can be and hopefully, if school is the route they choose, then they will have gotten multiple scholarships to give them a free ride and I'll do what i can to offset any other expenses that may come their way

i wouldnt do what they did

they coddled their children b/c they felt their kids couldnt hack it at fucking USC of all places. Imagine the kids that actually qualified that couldnt go b/c they couldn't get in that actually deserved it.

all i can do is a parent is provide for them a place of stability and the tools needed for them to be the best possible students they can be and hopefully, if school is the route they choose, then they will have gotten multiple scholarships to give them a free ride and I'll do what i can to offset any other expenses that may come their way

I disagree 100%

i couldnt imagine me trying to manipulate things to get my kid into LSU lol

May have already said this in the thread I dunno but imo if you can get your kid into Havard or whatever and you don't do it then you're not doin' everything you can to give your kid the best possible chance for success.

They shouldn't be allowed to do it but imo you're wrong if you wouldn't have done the same for your pikney dem

are they black?

why not go to the HBCU and pick someone from there

Me personally, I'm gonna hire the best person no matter where they went to school.

But even as a black person a degree from Harvard is gonna stand out more from a degree from anywhere else, unfortunately.

You worrying bout them being black now?

Thats why if its your kid you make sure they have a leg up in this white man world "BY ANY MEANS NECESSARY" X
im not paying more than the state tuition just so that my child can get into a public university

that is stupid to me

if they arent smart enough to get into a state school then i have failed them as a parent and pay to play just coddles them even further

those kids knew they werent smart enough to attend USC

Back