Welcome To aBlackWeb

Has The #MeToo Movement Done More Harm Than Good?

Has The #MeToo Movement Done More Harm Than Good

• Total voters
the movement are hurting women and will do so for a longtime.

it is hurting women in the workplace.

guy dont want to be alone with chick no more. due to her word versus his.

now they are talking about not hiring women all together or avoiding hiring them......

yet....would you feel the same way being caught up in the movement because you said hi to a chick , lost your balance and brushed against her boob?

f46e478aa8968ea2ca90e28ccffa28f0.549x352x73.gif

So to summarize, you don’t think the movement is necessary cause the needed cultural shift already happened years ago. And you think more attention should be paid to males sexually assaulted by females.

I disagree with all that but you entitled to your opinion (although the second thing comes across as somewhat of a red herring - what do the think the ratio of man on woman to woman on man harassment is? And before you answer, try to think about what a man would actually consider as “being harassed”).

The cultural shift did happen. The evidence of it is all around us.

The rest of that shit... You made that up.

The cultural shift did happen. The evidence of it is all around us.

The rest of that shit... You made that up.

I made up you saying that female assaulters don’t get enough attention?

Who typed all of this then?

Plus, if you're gonna be fair and equal about it, then we need to see the same shit happening to women that do the same thing with the same intensity:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...rassment-accusation-groping-man-a8202766.html

^^^ Most of y'all ain't even familiar with this story and there's a reason for that. She's been accused of groping a dude, grabbing his dick and butt and alladat AND spewing homo slurs while in office.

... and she still holds her office, though she's on voluntary leave. She wasn't forced to resign or anything like that, unlike . She can come back when the heat dies down as if nothing ever happened.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/dec/15/female-democratic-house-candidate-forced-drop-out-/

^^^ I only read about this in passing and had to do mah googles to find this story, but I guarantee you not one of y'all has heard about this. But the thing is, neither of these women are being dragged through the press like their male counterparts. Their stories are very quietly mentioned, if at all, while their male counterparts are put on blast all over the place.

Fact is, men are harassed by women on the job at a rate that rival male harassers, but only a tiny number of men file complaints or lawsuits. We've already got data coming out stating that women are rapists at a rate that almost matches men but because of societal pressures men rarely ever report it and when the victim is another woman it's almost never reported.

well we are programmed to take ass when offered.
we are told to suck it up.
we are told we are the man when a woman does such things.

we are brainwashed int o thinking it isnt harassment....when it is.

how many guys wouldnt say shit if a fine teacher was letting them smash when they was 12?
how many?

gender is the deciding factor in alot

Which is exactly what a lot of us said is a few threads on the IC and here.

When we started to speak on it, it turned out a lot of the men on both boards were victimized by women or older girls at a young age but we were told such things are to be expected and you're bitch-like if you don't take it in stride; it's a notch on your belt, you're supposed to be happy about it.

but... As you get older and you start to look back on your life, you see the negative effect some of that shit can have on you. You start to see it for what it is and even all these years later you see these broads gettin up on TV talmbout "so-and-so tried to kiss me..." and how traumatic an ordeal it was 25-30 years ago when some of us grew up being molested if not downright raped my Miss Johnson from down the block and we've been told to suck it up you kinda have to see where many of us look at these chicks skeptically if not downright cynically.

"Y'all dont even know every day I'm living with stress/Got up out the streets you think a nigga could rest
Can't even enjoy myself at a party unless/I'm on the dance floor, hot-ass vest

You think I'm freakin' these chicks right?/I try not to brush against they chest
You get a lawsuit for shit like that, I feel trapped..."

Jay Z - Lucky Me

Well Jay-Z said it so I guess that settles it...

1313206799001.png

You really have no clue do you? Or are you just trolling just because?

The point of posting those bars was to show there's been an understanding about how shit like this goes for entertainers. That album dropped in '97. Around the same time there was an episode of MTV Cribs where at least two dudes were showing off their bedrooms and there were cameras in them and they basically said something to the effect of it being insurance against groupies that wanna try to run rape charges on 'em, so you get it all on tape.

And that's where the MeToo movement is taking us. Men don't want to be alone with a woman for fear something they said or did innocently gets misconstrued as a sexual advance and he get thrown up on the Summer Jam Screen, only to lose everything and look like some sort of creepy sex perv and her to seem like some sort of hero for "standing up to sexual harassment". It's going to get to the point where all encounters are going to be openly or secretly video recorded to prevent anything like this from happening... And that's sad.

View attachment 43751

You really have no clue do you? Or are you just trolling just because?

The point of posting those bars was to show there's been an understanding about how shit like this goes for entertainers. That album dropped in '97. Around the same time there was an episode of MTV Cribs where at least two dudes were showing off their bedrooms and there were cameras in them and they basically said something to the effect of it being insurance against groupies that wanna try to run rape charges on 'em, so you get it all on tape.

And that's where the MeToo movement is taking us. Men don't want to be alone with a woman for fear something they said or did innocently gets misconstrued as a sexual advance and he get thrown up on the Summer Jam Screen, only to lose everything and look like some sort of creepy sex perv and her to seem like some sort of hero for "standing up to sexual harassment". It's going to get to the point where all encounters are going to be openly or secretly video recorded to prevent anything like this from happening... And that's sad.

So it’s been happening forever, what makes us think #metoo is making it worse? Maybe it’s just adding a spotlight.

(But yea there was some lightweight trolling there.)

So it’s been happening forever, what makes us think #metoo is making it worse? Maybe it’s just adding a spotlight.

No, it's a part of the cultural shift that I said had already happened. For those lyrics to come about Jay had to be aware that even brushing up against a chick could be career suicide as well as other entertainers and sports figures. Granted, not everyone got the memo, as we're witnessing with the accusations against Nelly and cats like Matt Laurer who genuinely has the attitude like he's above everyone and everything. But best believe a lot of dudes did get the memo. Even down on the street level you got cats that watch how they interact with women at the office, preferring to keep it strictly professional and whatnot. What this movement is creating is an air of hostility between men and women, where even innocent dialogue and actions aren't trusted and it almost seems best to keep your distance all together just to be on the safe side.

^^^ This prolly needs to be every male moving forward.

When we started to speak on it, it turned out a lot of the men on both boards were victimized by women or older girls at a young age but we were told such things are to be expected and you're bitch-like if you don't take it in stride; it's a notch on your belt, you're supposed to be happy about it.

but... As you get older and you start to look back on your life, you see the negative effect some of that shit can have on you. You start to see it for what it is and even all these years later you see these broads gettin up on TV talmbout "so-and-so tried to kiss me..." and how traumatic an ordeal it was 25-30 years ago when some of us grew up being molested if not downright raped my Miss Johnson from down the block and we've been told to suck it up you kinda have to see where many of us look at these chicks skeptically if not downright cynically.

The thing is who told us to suck it up? Other men and the homies out the way. We as a whole made ourselves all about pussy women didnt make that ideal. Men are the judges not giving women teachers real prison time, men are the ones calling other men prison bitches, men covered up the Catholic Church.

And before you go in yes black men arent as powerful as white men. Buuuuut lets not act like we dont condone the shit. Alot of niggas dont even think its rape to sleep with older women.

In other words we aint dealt with our own issues like we should so we project on others who want to handle their shit.

The thing is who told us to suck it up? Other men and the homies out the way. We as a whole made ourselves all about pussy women didnt make that ideal. Men are the judges not giving women teachers real prison time, men are the ones calling other men prison bitches, men covered up the Catholic Church.

And before you go in yes black men arent as powerful as white men. Buuuuut lets not act like we dont condone the shit. Alot of niggas dont even think its rape to sleep with older women.

Bruh, some of our own mothers have told us this. I'm not just talking about us on this or the other board, i'm speaking on men in general. There are women that are proud when their sons attract older women.

All judges ain't men, but you gotta remember that in jurisdictions where judges are elected and not appointed, women also put those judges in office just as men do.

In other words we aint dealt with our own issues like we should so we project on others who want to handle their shit.

More like "What's good for the goose is good for the gander." If I gotta suck it up and move on, then these chicks out here gotta suck it up as well. Like I said before: they wanted equal rights, this is a part of it.

Until woman get brought up on serious charges that would land them 10+ years for lying about shit like this it will be worrisome to me.

But if something serious happen than report it.

If is just unwanted advancement it’s not a big deal.

A lot of this stories, I look at with the extreme side eye.

Last edited:
My thing is

unwanted advancement is subjective toneach individual

I just dont really like how you can get accused and crucified without a shred of evidence. Its literally your word against thiers...thats problematic

Hasn't done anything to address the real issues. It basically focuses around white womens craving for power/control and constant need of attention.

It's one thing for us all to agree that rape is wrong and should be punished accordingly. It's a whole other to start redefining it to include simple comments/stares and one night stand regrets.

Back