Welcome To aBlackWeb

Has The #MeToo Movement Done More Harm Than Good?

Has The #MeToo Movement Done More Harm Than Good

• Total voters
Isn't this whole movement built on anecdotes?

Exactly, and that’s why I’m hesitant to embrace the narrative that there are a significant number of dudes out here being falsely accused.

If you know of a peer-reviewed study on the topic I’d be glad to take a look.

Exactly, and that’s why I’m hesitant to embrace the narrative that there are a significant number of dudes out here being falsely accused.

If you know of a peer-reviewed study on the topic I’d be glad to take a look.

There aren't any because there's no way possible to handle such a thing. There's no evidence to be gathered or studied because the entire movement is based on word-of-mouth; outside of an accusation there's nothing else of substance to base a study around.

There aren't any because there's no way possible to handle such a thing. There's no evidence to be gathered or studied because the entire movement is based on word-of-mouth; outside of an accusation there's nothing else of substance to base a study around.

I just don’t think what you’re describing is a new phenomenon. Any time you get booked on charges for something your mugshots end up online regardless of whether the charges stick or not. And that can greatly impact your opportunities for future employment. Allegations alone have always been a dangerous thing.

I want a world where my sisters, nieces, daughters and the like to be able to Express any form of wrong doing done against them and for it to have consequence.

So I support it 100%.

In any movement of this size, there is going to be collateral damage of some sort, but unfortunately that's just the nature of things. It doesn't detract from the movement as a whole for me.

I want a world where my sisters, nieces, daughters and the like to be able to Express any form of wrong doing done against them and for it to have consequence.

So I support it 100%.

In any movement of this size, there is going to be collateral damage of some sort, but unfortunately that's just the nature of things. It doesn't detract from the movement as a whole for me.

Look at you making sense

ok now

I just don’t think what you’re describing is a new phenomenon. Any time you get booked on charges for something your mugshots end up online regardless of whether the charges stick or not. And that can greatly impact your opportunities for future employment. Allegations alone have always been a dangerous thing.

So if you can say that allegations have always been dangerous, how can you not see the problem with a movement built on nothing but pure allegations?

A conviction is far more detrimental to your employment prospects, however a rape/sexual assault allegation alone, especially when publicized, can pretty much kill every opportunity that could ever come your way. In the eyes of HR, you become a financial liability that no company in their right mind wants to take a risk on. If they hire you and later on down the line some chick decided you were harassing her, they're now on the hook for hiring someone that was accused of such behavior in the past AND they're gonna get sued into oblivion for not protecting it's employees from you.

So if you can say that allegations have always been dangerous, how can you not see the problem with a movement built on nothing but pure allegations?

A conviction is far more detrimental to your employment prospects, however a rape/sexual assault allegation alone, especially when publicized, can pretty much kill every opportunity that could ever come your way. In the eyes of HR, you become a financial liability that no company in their right mind wants to take a risk on. If they hire you and later on down the line some chick decided you were harassing her, they're now on the hook for hiring someone that was accused of such behavior in the past AND they're gonna get sued into oblivion for not protecting it's employees from you.

Eh, I think it’s a necessary evil when it comes to confronting this kinda thing. Do you think the movement shouldn’t have happened? Or do you have a better idea for how a positive cultural change should have come about for the victims?

this all depends on what you assume harm vs good.

should perverts get called out?

yes....
sure

should all the women who was abused by that perv be calling out what he did as well?

yep...sure

but are we giving clear definitions of what harassment is? is it just that the guy you are not attracted to is the harasser while the guy you like does the same and says worse an he is close to smashing.

are we speaking only of the women whos job was put in jeopardy because of a perv......fry him, i say.
or are we talking about a guy who has connection and shot his shot...but the chick felt like his connection could hurt her so she gave him a date or ass.

this shit...needs clear and defined guidelines and all people who were harassed needs to be taken into consideration and taken seriously.

will we laugh at a guy whos dick was grabbed and he ran and told dat?
will we laugh at a guy whos turned down a fine chicks advance because he is actually loyal to his wife...but was also called gay because hes loyal?

will we still hold females accountable who undress guys with they dick print showing like women with nice bodies claim men do? are they predators?

what about all these white female teachers sleeping with children? who is speaking for them?

are we protesting in front of catholic churches for all the kids that was abused by priests? are they apart of metoo? or did they have their time?

do we feel any sympathy for the wrongly convicted men in jail who are raped? are they just weak men who deserved it? or are they looked at like..well you in jail sooooo.

who has this movement really helped i ask.

who?

please dont give me that it was started by a black women shit.......yes it was....but who took it over and who does it benefit more?

now why do i say it did more harm?

try being a victim of something
seeing a movement started related to your abuse so you join in.
yet...those very people dont acknowledge you or your plight
is that not a slap in the face?

would you not feel like a pawn?

yes, lets talk about the movement.

Eh, I think it’s a necessary evil when it comes to confronting this kinda thing. Do you think the movement shouldn’t have happened? Or do you have a better idea for how a positive cultural change should have come about for the victims?

The cultural shift happened years ago. This is why we have harassment policies in the workplace today. Niggas get fired everyday for hittin' on chicks at the office nowadays. There's also this whole "street harassment" shit going full steam ahead and all sort of shit like it. The atmosphere that fostered this type of behavior 30-40 years ago is gone. What was acceptable back then no longer is today which is why the bulk of these allegations were from incidents dating back to the 90's and beyond. I'm not saying all of them, but the majority of the shit I've been seeing in the news happened before many of y'all were even born.

Just to give you an example: The claims against Russell Simmons go as far back as '83. Tom Brokaw's accusations are from the early to mid 90's. And I could go on but the fact of the matter is change has already happened. Plus, if you're gonna be fair and equal about it, then we need to see the same shit happening to women that do the same thing with the same intensity:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...rassment-accusation-groping-man-a8202766.html

^^^ Most of y'all ain't even familiar with this story and there's a reason for that. She's been accused of groping a dude, grabbing his dick and butt and alladat AND spewing homo slurs while in office.

... and she still holds her office, though she's on voluntary leave. She wasn't forced to resign or anything like that, unlike . She can come back when the heat dies down as if nothing ever happened.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/dec/15/female-democratic-house-candidate-forced-drop-out-/

^^^ I only read about this in passing and had to do mah googles to find this story, but I guarantee you not one of y'all has heard about this. But the thing is, neither of these women are being dragged through the press like their male counterparts. Their stories are very quietly mentioned, if at all, while their male counterparts are put on blast all over the place.

Fact is, men are harassed by women on the job at a rate that rival male harassers, but only a tiny number of men file complaints or lawsuits. We've already got data coming out stating that women are rapists at a rate that almost matches men but because of societal pressures men rarely ever report it and when the victim is another woman it's almost never reported.

The cultural shift happened years ago. This is why we have harassment policies in the workplace today. Niggas get fired everyday for hittin' on chicks at the office nowadays. There's also this whole "street harassment" shit going full steam ahead and all sort of shit like it. The atmosphere that fostered this type of behavior 30-40 years ago is gone. What was acceptable back then no longer is today which is why the bulk of these allegations were from incidents dating back to the 90's and beyond. I'm not saying all of them, but the majority of the shit I've been seeing in the news happened before many of y'all were even born.

Just to give you an example: The claims against Russell Simmons go as far back as '83. Tom Brokaw's accusations are from the early to mid 90's. And I could go on but the fact of the matter is change has already happened. Plus, if you're gonna be fair and equal about it, then we need to see the same shit happening to women that do the same thing with the same intensity:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...rassment-accusation-groping-man-a8202766.html

^^^ Most of y'all ain't even familiar with this story and there's a reason for that. She's been accused of groping a dude, grabbing his dick and butt and alladat AND spewing homo slurs while in office.

... and she still holds her office, though she's on voluntary leave. She wasn't forced to resign or anything like that, unlike . She can come back when the heat dies down as if nothing ever happened.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/dec/15/female-democratic-house-candidate-forced-drop-out-/

^^^ I only read about this in passing and had to do mah googles to find this story, but I guarantee you not one of y'all has heard about this. But the thing is, neither of these women are being dragged through the press like their male counterparts. Their stories are very quietly mentioned, if at all, while their male counterparts are put on blast all over the place.

Fact is, men are harassed by women on the job at a rate that rival male harassers, but only a tiny number of men file complaints or lawsuits. We've already got data coming out stating that women are rapists at a rate that almost matches men but because of societal pressures men rarely ever report it and when the victim is another woman it's almost never reported.

So to summarize, you don’t think the movement is necessary cause the needed cultural shift already happened years ago. And you think more attention should be paid to males sexually assaulted by females.

I disagree with all that but you entitled to your opinion (although the second thing comes across as somewhat of a red herring - what do the think the ratio of man on woman to woman on man harassment is? And before you answer, try to think about what a man would actually consider as “being harassed”).

Last edited:
before you answer, try to think about what a man would actually consider as “being harassed”).

I would surmise to say that its probably the universal definition as “unwanted sexual advances/comments/situations”

Which is subjective for EVERYBODY not just men...

I would surmise to say that its probably the universal definition as “unwanted sexual advances/comments/situations”

Which is subjective for EVERYBODY not just men...

Exactly.. so what do you think that ratio is?

And it even goes beyond that. We all talk about equality but this is one of those times it’s ok to talk about the physical differences between sexes and how to that fuels intimidation. And a female in the workplace can intimidate too if acting against a subordinate.

So to summarize, you don’t think the movement is necessary cause the needed cultural shift already happened years ago. And you think more attention should be paid to males sexually assaulted by females.

I disagree with all that but you entitled to your opinion (although the second thing comes across as somewhat of a red herring - what do the think the ratio of man on woman to woman on man harassment is? And before you answer, try to think about what a man would actually consider as “being harassed”).
well we are programmed to take ass when offered.
we are told to suck it up.
we are told we are the man when a woman does such things.

we are brainwashed int o thinking it isnt harassment....when it is.

how many guys wouldnt say shit if a fine teacher was letting them smash when they was 12?
how many?

gender is the deciding factor in alot

Exactly.. so what do you think that ratio is?

And it even goes beyond that. We all talk about equality but this is one of those times it’s ok to talk about the physical differences between sexes and how to that fuels intimidation. And a female in the workplace can intimidate too if acting against a subordinate.
yet...if dudes was to come forward......

would they be taken seriously?

these hoes even took this movement from the kids....white women want it all to themselves.

well we are programmed to take ass when offered.
we are told to suck it up.
we are told we are the man when a woman does such things.

we are brainwashed int o thinking it isnt harassment....when it is.

how many guys wouldnt say shit if a fine teacher was letting them smash when they was 12?
how many?

gender is the deciding factor in alot

I mean, if needed we’ll probably get our own movement in due time but for now i don’t see any reason not let the #metoo shit breathe.

But just like white women are driving #metoo, the #mentoo movement will probably be run by gay dudes cause us straight not organized enough for some shit like that lol.

So I support it 100%.

yet....would you feel the same way being caught up in the movement because you said hi to a chick , lost your balance and brushed against her boob?

i have sisters as well......i would love justice for them.....but this system is built to protect our women....shit it aint built to protect us men or anyone of our color..

when a white man is convicted of raping a black chick.....thats collateral damage.
one has to go down to save the tribe.

why dont black chicks report rape as much as white women if they all women?
why dont black chicks get believed as much as white women? oh...my fault...they are beleived when it comes to locking up a black man.

but if its a white dude.......

ill let you guys come to your own conclusion.

yet....would you feel the same way being caught up in the movement because you said hi to a chick , lost your balance and brushed against her boob?

Nigga...you know damn well nobody has gotten called out for some shit like that

Nigga...you know damn well nobody has gotten called out for some shit like that
Dont thinknhe was implying that it has happened (although it very well could have) however in this current climate its not out of the realm of possibilty.

Im glad that the #metoo movement is happeneing as a cultural/moral shift

But I saw where this was going when Terry Crews pretty much got a “tough break nigga” for coming forward. Havent really heard much about Kevin Spacey and that motherfucker was messing with KIDS b...

Back