Welcome To aBlackWeb

Harvey Weinstein Found Guilty of Rape

Harvey may have been fired illegally by The Weinstein Company, a company that wrote a contract that said Weinstein could get sued over and over for sexual harassment and as long as he shelled out money, that was good enough for the Company.

TMZ is privy to Weinstein's 2015 employment contract, which says if he gets sued for sexual harassment or any other "misconduct" that results in a settlement or judgment against TWC, all Weinstein has to do is pay what the company's out, along with a fine, and he's in the clear.

According to the contract, if Weinstein "treated someone improperly in violation of the company's Code of Conduct," he must reimburse TWC for settlements or judgments. Additionally, "You [Weinstein] will pay the company liquidated damages of $250,000 for the first such instance, $500,000 for the second such instance, $750,000 for the third such instance, and $1,000,000 for each additional instance."

The contract says as long as Weinstein pays, it constitutes a "cure" for the misconduct and no further action can be taken. Translation -- Weinstein could be sued over and over and as long as he wrote a check, he keeps his job.

The contract has specific language as to when the Board of Directors can fire Weinstein -- if he's indicted or convicted of a crime, but that doesn't apply here.

There's another provision ... he can be fired for "the perpetuation by you [Weinstein] of a material fraud against the company." The question ... where's the fraud? Lance Maerov, the board member who negotiated Weinstein's 2015 contract, said in an interview -- and we've confirmed -- the Board knew Weinstein had settled prior lawsuits brought by various women, but they "assumed" it was to cover up consensual affairs. The Board's assumption does not constitute fraud on Weinstein's part.

And here's the kicker. Even if Weinstein had committed fraud by not fully informing the Board of Directors, the contract says before he can be fired he has a right to mediation and if that doesn't work, he's entitled to arbitration. He got neither. He was summarily fired, and sources connected with Weinstein tell TMZ he was never given a specific reason.

A source connected with TWC tells TMZ, the company had a right to fire Weinstein if he didn't notify the Board of Directors of settlements. We're told there have been no settlements since the contract was signed, so it would seem this clause does not apply.

burn that company down

this stuff like this just reassure that its the shit like that keeps blacks from becoming power houses in hollywood and that keeps trying to make black actors lower their integrity to keep work in hollywood as well

Everyone got an allegation against this dude, this guy was harassing every woman he came into contact with.

Y'all read some of these allegations, dude didn't care.

Minka Kelly

The actress claimed in an Instagram post that Weinstein once asked her to join him in his hotel room for a "general meeting," but after she claimed it made her uncomfortable, they met in a restaurant instead. Kelly claimed that after a five-minute conversation about film, Weinstein promised to give her "a lavish life" if she agreed to be his girlfriend. "All I knew was not to offend this very powerful man and to get out of the situation as quickly as possible. I told him while flattered, I'd like to keep things professional," she wrote. She alleges, "He said 'Fine. I trust you won't tell anyone about this.' I said 'Of course not. Thank you so much for taking the time to meet with me,' - the only way I could think to shut it down gracefully and excuse myself."

Sophie Dix

The English actress told The Guardian newspaper that in the early 1990s she went to Weinstein's hotel room to watch footage of her new film. He tried to pin her down and undress her, she alleged. "He was really forceful," she said. After running to the bathroom, she said she opened the door to find him masturbating and later ran out when room service arrived. “I decided if this was what being an actress is like, I don’t want it,” she said.

Florence Darel

Darel, a French actress, told Le Parisien that despite her reservations, she agreed to meet Weinstein in his hotel room in the mid-1990s at the behest of her agent. At the time, the film executive was still married to his first wife, Eve Chilton, so she was taken aback when he allegedly propositioned her. "I told him I was very in love with my companion. He replied that it did not bother him at all and offered to have me become his mistress a few days a year. So we could work together," she claimed. She alleges that the implication was "basically, if you want to continue in America, go through me." Darel said she declined Weinstein's alleged advances.

Kate Beckinsale

The actress took to Instagram Thursday, claiming that she "was called to meet Harvey Weinstein at the Savoy Hotel when I was 17."

Beckinsale, 44, said she assumed they'd meet in a conference room, but instead claimed she was told by the reception desk "to go to his room."

"He opened the door in his bathrobe. I was incredibly naive and young and it did not cross my mind that this older, unattractive man would expect me to have any sexual interest in him. After declining alcohol and announcing that I had school in the morning I left, uneasy but unscathed," she claimed.

Lucia Evans

Evans told The New Yorker the assault began in 2004. She was aspiring actress and said Weinstein "forced me to perform oral sex on him.”

“I said, over and over, ‘I don’t want to do this, stop, don’t,’ ” she said. “He’s a big guy. He overpowered me.”

Last edited:
Yup and during that same time he was molesting the girls little sister who was around 7. Hollywood just swept that under the rug like it was nothing, even the judge did.

Annabella Sciorra says Weinstein busted into home, raped her
For more than 20 years, actress Annabella Sciorra says she has kept a horrific secret: Movie mogul Harvey Weinstein raped her in the 1990s, and sexually harassed her for years later.

Sciorra, 53, an Emmy-nominated actress for her role in “The Sopranos” and a film actress with credits like Spike Lee’s “Jungle Fever” to her name, on Friday became the latest in a string of at least 50 women to accuse Weinstein of sexual abuse and harassment.

The alleged rape occurred sometime around 1992, when Sciorra filmed “The Night We Never Met,” which was backed by Miramax, then Weinstein’s company.

She’d known Weinstein for a few years, she said. They often saw each other at events, dinners and screenings, and after one such evening in New York, she said, Weinstein offered to give her a ride home.

“Harvey had dropped me off before, so I didn’t really expect anything out of the ordinary – I expected just to be dropped off,” the petite, Italian-American actress told The New Yorker.

Weinstein drove her home, said goodbye and Sciorra went to her apartment and got ready for bed.

A few minutes later, someone knocked at the door.

“It wasn’t that late ... like it wasn’t the middle of the night, so I opened the door a crack to see who it was. And he pushed the door open,” she told The New Yorker.

Weinstein “walked in like it was his apartment, like he owned the place, and started unbuttoning his shirt. So it was very clear where he thought this was going to go. And I was in a nightgown. I didn’t have much on,” the actress said.

After he’d taken a circuit of the apartment – apparently making sure they were alone, Sciorra said – he grabbed at her.

“This is not happening,” she told him,” according to The New Yorker. “You’ve got to go. You have to leave. Get out of my apartment.

But Weinstein wouldn’t budge. He cornered her in the bedroom, she said.

“And then he attempted to perform oral sex on me. And I struggled, but I had very little strength left in me,” she said.

Weinstein left, and Sciorra said she never spoke of the rape and never went to police.

She was still living in fear of him, and slept with a baseball bat by her bed.

But her work began to dry up, rumors that she was “difficult” came back to her, she told The New Yorker. From 1992 to 1995, she got no work, she said in the interview.

She finally got a job in “The Innocent Sleep” and went to London where, she said, Weinstein began calling her hotel.

Sciorra said Weinstein sent cars to the hotel and one night pounded on her room door. She asked the film producer to find her another place to stay, The New Yorker said.

She remembered him saying things like, “Come here, come on, cut it out, what are you doing, come here,” the magazine reported.

“He shoved me onto the bed, and he got on top of me. I kicked and I yelled,” she said in the interview.

But Weinstein, now 65, held her down, with her hands over her head, she told The New Yorker. She fought him – wearing a white cotton nightgown that was a family heirloom from Italy.

“When he was done, he ejaculated on my leg, and on my nightgown. He said, ‘I have impeccable timing,’ and then he said, ‘This is for you,’” Sciorra told The New Yorker.

Back