Welcome To aBlackWeb

I cant keep up with these timelines
Aight so boom, the most recent movie was a direct sequel to the original and neglected any movie after that. It followed Laurie some 30+ years later after the events of the first film.
Danny McBride co-wrote it. And the OG John Carpenter did the music on it.
Once I saw it got his blessing I was all in.
I enjoyed it a lot. It's not a classic like the original but still has a good story.

I really enjoyed rob zombies first halloween. It was brutal but it also gave a backstory to michael being a fucked up kid. I'm a fan of most zombie films in general, but halloween 2 was a whole lot of wtf is this shit?

This new series of films, created by Danny McBride and david Gordon green I enjoyed mainly because it gave a kind of realism to the situation. We didnt have to worry about anything that happened except for the first film 30 years ago. Laurie is obviously fucked up from the event and lives her life always being prepared in case it happens again. I understand that paranoia no matter how crazy it seems to someone else because they cant relate. Nobody can. I dunno it was just a cool premise to me and the entire vibe of the film reminded me of the Halloween's from the 80s, just in modern day. I think they had a cool idea and nailed it. Supposedly they got this and one more sequel contracted and I wanna see how they complete their trilogy.

expectations are too low

first one was boring as fuck and took forever to get going

it was nice to see a modern aged slasher but some parts of the movie made your eyes roll

it didn’t warrant a sequel imo

Aight so boom, the most recent movie was a direct sequel to the original and neglected any movie after that. It followed Laurie some 30+ years later after the events of the first film.
Danny McBride co-wrote it. And the OG John Carpenter did the music on it.
Once I saw it got his blessing I was all in.
I enjoyed it a lot. It's not a classic like the original but still has a good story.

except for the kills because a lot of them ended up in the recent film

I really enjoyed rob zombies first halloween. It was brutal but it also gave a backstory to michael being a fucked up kid. I'm a fan of most zombie films in general, but halloween 2 was a whole lot of wtf is this shit?

Part of the reason why I disliked Zombie's version is because he gave micheal a backstory. It was so unnecessary and in my opinion completely misses the point of what makes micheal meyers so scary. In the OG version micheal comes from a normal home with normal parents and siblings and he still kills his sister cuz HE is inherently evil.

What zombie did was make Micheal sympathetic by giving him a backstory, and being sympathetic and understandable is the opposite of what insights fear.

I just feel like not everything needs a explanation and if you are going for horror the fear of the unknown or something you cant understand is way scarier then realizing micheal grew up around a bunch of trailer trump supporters lol

Last edited:
except for the kills because a lot of them ended up in the recent film
Wasn't technically a lot.
Of course Laurie returns.
The original person who played MM from the 1978 film had a cameo in this one.
The girl who got killed in the first one where MM had the white sheet pretending to be a ghost had a minor role in the recent film as a teacher in the beginning.

Danny McBride doing all 3 of these movies and apparently these next 2 will have the highest kill counts of all other movies. I didn't know that McBride was a writer for the Underworld movies found that out Monday while watching the sequel of Underworld.

These next movies will go into the supernatural realm as well apparently.

Danny McBride doing all 3 of these movies and apparently these next 2 will have the highest kill counts of all other movies. I didn't know that McBride was a writer for the Underworld movies found that out Monday while watching the sequel of Underworld.

These next movies will go into the supernatural realm as well apparently.
The Writer for Underworld is definitely named Danny McBride, however its just some dude with the same name haha. I never caught that myself though:

Back