Welcome To aBlackWeb

H.E.R. Files Lawsuit to Be Released From Her Label

MoeW

Gabriella Sarmiento Wilson, the Grammy- and Oscar-winning singer-songwriter known as H.E.R., is suing MBK Entertainment, the record label owned by her longtime manager Jeff Robinson, for the rights to her music catalog. H.E.R. signed with Robinson in 2011, when she was 14 years old.

According to legal documents cited by the Blast, H.E.R. is suing for declaratory relief and violation of the business and professions code and seeking to be released from her contract with MBK. The lawsuit was filed in the Superior Court of the State of California in Los Angeles County on Thursday.

Good luck to her on that. If she still owes the label a couple more albums...I assume its gonna be harder.

Then again she did sign wit them at 14. So I can see the pathway she's taking

Yup I almost came in here saying you better take that L HER if you think you're getting out that contract.
But then the 14 yrs old element adds queries...either good luck with that!

woah let's go to far. i like her but she's not a legend
she's been hyped up as a legend because of her musical talents, but sadly she doesn't have the records to show for all that hype. I don't think there's even that ONE Her song that you think of when talking about her. At least with someone like Ciara you've got Goodies, Keri Hilson got that Knock you Down, etc. etc.

she's been hyped up as a legend because of her musical talents, but sadly she doesn't have the records to show for all that hype. I don't think there's even that ONE Her song that you think of when talking about her. At least with someone like Ciara you've got Goodies, Keri Hilson got that Knock you Down, etc. etc.

HER is a legend already.
steve-nash-wtf.gif

Back