Welcome To aBlackWeb

Grown Man Birthdays

mars his the nail on the head

certain folks want you to make a spectacle out of their bday, so you oblige...but when yo shit come, even though you not into all the fanfare, its like they take advantage of that and do the bare minimum or nothing at all. No card, no text, not even a damn emoji, but let you miss a year or dont bring the same effort that you did in previous years, then they wanna make it about them and how you didnt show them love on their bday
Such as? Give us a real life example

I be making it hard for family and chicks that be wanting to buy me something for my birthday. I'm used to working for everything. Anything I want; I'll just get on my own. So I tell them to keep their money, they need it more than me.

Heros get remembered, Legends never die

You sir, are neither
XK40hb5.gif

I dont make a stink about my bday so others dont either. I cringe when I see others tell people "it's my bday today". Its a tiny, slight of manipulation, making other people feel compelled to say happy birthday and I despise all forms of manipulation, even if benign.

I dont make a stink about my bday so others dont either. I cringe when I see others tell people "it's my bday today". Its a tiny, slight of manipulation, making other people feel compelled to say happy birthday and I despise all forms of manipulation, even if benign.
On some of the chats I'm in someone will announce their or someone elses birthday and I agree I feel it's manipulative and fuckin pathetic.
Especially for dudes.
I never tell anybody happy b day on that shit foh
Ima be a jehovah witness that day

Reactions: B_A
Either I'm weird or y'all weird but where I'm from we celebrate the FUCK outta our birthdays. We celebrate life to the fullest I suppose

I ain't saying stupid extravagant parties and shit but them text and phone calls? You might get 3-4 a day from the same person.

Wait to June 22nd roll back around, Cancer Season gonna be live

On some of the chats I'm in someone will announce their or someone elses birthday and I agree I feel it's manipulative and fuckin pathetic.
Especially for dudes.
I never tell anybody happy b day on that shit foh
Ima be a jehovah witness that day

If it's really that hard to write happy birthday to someone I feel sorry for you fam.

If it's really that hard to write happy birthday to someone I feel sorry for you fam.
Why do people feel the need to hear happy birthday? So they feel like someone gaf about them? Who wants to hear happy birthday AFTER you have to casually(or not so) that it's your bday? You know what I despise more than manipulation? People wanting their ego stroked. I'll fluff an ego to be sure, but it will be because I CHOOSE to, not because someone moved(manipulated) me into it.

Back