Welcome To aBlackWeb

Grow your own: Introduction to growing marijuana...where it’s legal.

Fiendishdrwu

Zestful Kung fu treachery
What it do Black Web Members!

I am the Fiendish Dr. Wu, consultant on all things Hemp/CBD/THC and over the past 10 years I have incorporated myself in the cannabis industry from NYC to Oregon.

The biggest concern I have is the low but ever growing amount of African Americans in the industry not as employees but as owners and master growers.

So the point of this thread is to get the conversation started and answer any questions.

https://www.marketwatch.com/press-r...nue-and-forecast-outlook-till-2024-2019-07-09

fed thread? lol

i'll bite tho.. if ur in the field.. how can black folks get involved in the industry seeing as how its seemingly so expensive to get started in states that it's legal in.

What precautions can they take to avoid pitfalls in the industry... what are some banking options available to us etc.

fed thread? lol

i'll bite tho.. if ur in the field.. how can black folks get involved in the industry seeing as how its seemingly so expensive to get started in states that it's legal in.

What precautions can they take to avoid pitfalls in the industry... what are some banking options available to us etc.

One good way for black folks to get in is to think outside the box. People are making millions off the industry of the PERIPHERAL shit. Like specializing in packaging or marketing or containers, etc. Depending on what it is, there is no license needed. Or look into the delivery side of things. The licensing for delivery services are usually WAY cheaper and the process to get it way less involved.

As far as precautions, keep on eye on the future. Try your best to be aware of what is coming around the curb in your state, as far as laws and regulations. Because you being able to get ahead of whatever change is coming might be the difference between having to close your doors and being able to stay in business. I know from experience.

As fas a banking options...NONE. Unless something has drastically changed, there are no real reliable banking options. Any bank insured by FDIC won't take money from legal weed because it is still illegal federally and they've gotta comply with that. You can try to disguise the source of the money, depending on how it ends up in your account, but the bank has ALL sorts of ways to figure that shit out. They eventually WILL close your accounts down. Same with PayPal, Venmo, Square, etc. Not sure about CashApp.

Back