Welcome To aBlackWeb

Grade Triple H’s first six months as head of WWE Creative

Grade?

• Total voters

BountyHunterRo

I’ve come to collect
2022 ABW Sexiest Male Poster
HHH took over Creative in July. It’s been 6 months. How has he done? What can he improve on and what has he done well?

I like a couple of the roster moves...I'm hoping some of the micro interactions between the roster leads to more down the line. Smackdown's been booked pretty decently.

pros:
made raw watchable (for his first three months at least)
restored prestige in the mid-card titles
killed the 24/7 division
re-signing folks who should've never been fired

cons:
womens tag team division. he's trying but i just don't think it's fixable. the women need a mid-card title
re-signing folks who should've stayed gone
letting sasha walk

i'll post more later

Good:

- Making the IC and US titles relevant and I expect that to continue once Roman loses one or both world titles
- More emphasis on women’s division
- promos don’t seem as forced
- letting announcers talk about other wrestling companies (ROH, NJPW)
- production: being mostly consistent with showing the intros and pyro for both raw and smackdown, and while showing promos for upcoming shows, saying where the shows will be

bad:

- Women’s tag team division needs work
- slow down bringing so many people back
- still not sold on Kevin Patrick on commentary for raw

Ima say a B+ or A- and im leaning more towards an A- because I feel like the positives outweigh the negatives

some of the people who he brought back he should of left where they were but It is dope that he undid what Vince and company did just to give mfs a fair shot to either sink or swim. He really didn't have to do that shit.

NXT still isnt the old Black and Gold NXT (yet?) but it flows much better with the team hes got in place and seems to be moving in a positive direction going into 2023. I don't know much about him but I love how they handled Dragon Lees signing, making the announcement and showing the footage of him announcing it himself at that AAA Show makes him look like a big deal coming in.

Theres a lot of small shit that hes done in this first 6 months thats really improved the quality of the shows and the companies image imo but theres still some work to be done.

B+

PROS-
Show feels alot better and flows more easily.

Getting certain guys back who shouldn't of been released.

Biggest one is IC title and US title already feel 10x more important.

A Towns characrer shift

CONS-
Bringing back everybody he lost who dont need to be there.

Letting Bray Wyatt have a little more freedom. Lol

Having Gunther run from talent but will have a goofy guy like Richochet go head to head with those same guys with zero fucks given.

B

Pros:

Both shows are better handled. More wrestling, more fresh matches / NO SIXTY-LEVEN million rematches

Bringing stables back...

Reworking Theory, Rhea, Pete Dunn etc
Giving certain folks Vince disrespected more love and decent pushes.

Puttin respect back on the IC / US title

Planting seeds for story telling like the back stage fires and commotion that led to Lumis.

giving HBK full creative control which has made NXT a better show and is watchable.

Cons:

Mishandling Johnny Gargano right now

Letting Sasha walk

Lack of effort in the creative for the Smackdown women’s division

Not making Raw as good as SD

Tag divisions still need work

Last edited:
I can't give a full assessment but so far I'll say he gets a "B".

-I like that he bought the War Games match to Survivor Series and it seems like it's going to be a staple going forward for that PPV.

-Getting rid of HIAC PPV.
-Getting rid of the 24/7 title but putting more emphasis on the championships on both brands.
-Making stables like Judgment Day, Brawling Brutes, & Imperium look like serious stables.

My problems with the HHH era 6 months in is the lackluster appeal of Damage Ctrl, Gargano & LeRae, Hit-Row, Karrion Kross, etc., hopefully after WrestleMania HHH does a big draft that includes NXT and a rumor split of the Undisputed WWE Championship.

B

Overall I like how he's brought that excitement back. Especially wit RAW.

LONG...TERM...BOOKING. Planting lil seeds for future feuds.

Bringing back the ones who got released outta the blue for no reason.

Giving these factions a chance to flourish.

Giving TV time for some of the "lesser" talents. Allowing them to step up.

And one the most important...puttin some RESPECK back into the IC and US titles. They now mean something.

****improvements****

That women's division. Especially on SD.

The women's tag division. It needs work

NXT still needs work. Imo the stench of NXT 2.0 still lingers. But they are gettin better. They still have their cringe moments.

Like how they’ve made the US title important but they really need a world title

I just hope that they keep the booking for those straps strong once they do get the world title situation sorted out.

I ain't trying to see the midcard title scene watered down again just cause both shows have their main titles

Somewhere between a B and a C

1. Matches are too long
  2. Story lines are too long,
  3. It takes too long to get to the point(see this Lumis/miz/gargano storyline),
  4. Bloating the roster with all these returns and debuts that haven't amounted to anything,
  5. 50/50 booking
  6. Odd booking decisions like austin theory using MITB on a mid-card title just to win it two weeks later, Gunther running scared from Braun, Charlotte returning to title shots, and Damage CTRL's existence(which is actually starting to bring down Becky atm)
  7. Kevin Patrick on commentary

However, he's done some good.

1. There are more people on the roster who feel like a bigger deal now than when Vince was in charge
  2. More good/high profile matches, certainly on Smackdown, than there were when Vince was in charge
  3. The goofy or stupid segments have been reduced and the 24/7 belt is gone
  4. Guys are given more opportunity to show what they can do in the ring,
  5. There's more continuity between storylines week after week.
  6. Things aren't just randomly dropped,
  7. Promos and commentary are a lot looser

Overall the product is slightly better than it was with Vince, but it's still not exciting and there's still plenty stupid stuff all over the shows. Imma catch flack for it, but who cares. Truth is the truth. HHH is copying a lot of things that Tony Khan and AEW have been doing.

Last edited:
Back