Welcome To aBlackWeb

GOP Rep To Introduce Bill Allowing NCAA Athletes To Profit From Their Likeness

so i've seen some unsettling comments from crackas about how this is going to ruin college sports...

so the university paying a head coach $7M is doing what exactly??

Bro you know they don’t wanna see young black men profit and prosper. I seen a tweet from one dude yesterday saying that they should start taxing these cats scholarship money because of this.

Bro you know they don’t wanna see young black men profit and prosper. I seen a tweet from one dude yesterday saying that they should start taxing these cats scholarship money because of this.
i saw that tweet, then someone hit him with "well if you gonna do that, wouldn't room and board/books be write offs?"

so, yea...i know they gonna cap it and they will probably set a limit on how many appearances they can do to try and keep it level as possible

i saw that tweet, then someone hit him with "well if you gonna do that, wouldn't room and board/books be write offs?"

so, yea...i know they gonna cap it and they will probably set a limit on how many appearances they can do to try and keep it level as possible

Yeah the schools are gonna try to circumvent this as much as possible.

Selling jerseys with the number 1 and no name lol shit like that.

Yeah the schools are gonna try to circumvent this as much as possible.

Selling jerseys with the number 1 and no name lol shit like that.
If they’re smart, they’ll put the name on there and double the price. Ain’t nobody buying a 1 jersey when you can get a potential NBA superstars college jersey.

Speaking of which, do the athletes get paid for their college jerseys once they’re in the NBA? I doubt it. All of the profit from those 23 Jordan Carolina jerseys probably go right back to the school. Can you imagine how much money that is?

And hopefully now they’ll get paid for all of those promos they’re put in to promote their team/conference/NCAA. You know how many times they’ve shown that Laetner buzzer beater during the tournament over the last 2 decades?

I say make them pay for every fucking thing they show me in. I’m making niggas pay us for what they did to the Cold Crush!

If they’re smart, they’ll put the name on there and double the price. Ain’t nobody buying a 1 jersey when you can get a potential NBA superstars college jersey.

Speaking of which, do the athletes get paid for their college jerseys once they’re in the NBA? I doubt it. All of the profit from those 23 Jordan Carolina jerseys probably go right back to the school. Can you imagine how much money that is?

Yeah colleges keep the money from any clothing/equipment etc with the schools likeness on it.

And hopefully now they’ll get paid for all of those promos they’re put in to promote their team/conference/NCAA. You know how many times they’ve shown that Laetner buzzer beater during the tournament over the last 2 decades?

I say make them pay for every fucking thing they show me in. I’m making niggas pay us for what they did to the Cold Crush!
as i understand it, Nike/jumpman was making the Jordan North Carolina jerseys, so once Nike or even Mitchell and Ness pay for the licensing from the NCAA/NC, then they dont see any other revenue from sales of the jerseys

but here in BR, they sell LSU jerseys with no name on them to possibly avoid this very issue, but that wont stop someone from getting a custom jersey made

as i understand it, Nike/jumpman was making the Jordan North Carolina jerseys, so once Nike or even Mitchell and Ness pay for the licensing from the NCAA/NC, then they dont see any other revenue from sales of the jerseys

but here in BR, they sell LSU jerseys with no name on them to possibly avoid this very issue, but that wont stop someone from getting a custom jersey made
So my point kind of still stands. NCAA/NC gets the licensing money. Jordan is probably a bad example though, since Jordan is part of Jordan brand. I bet other players see no money from their college jerseys being sold.

I wonder if NBA players get money from use of their likeness, or is it all given up in their salary. Does Lebron get money from sales of his jersey?

So my point kind of still stands. NCAA/NC gets the licensing money. Jordan is probably a bad example though, since Jordan is part of Jordan brand. I bet other players see no money from their college jerseys being sold.

I wonder if NBA players get money from use of their likeness, or is it all given up in their salary. Does Lebron get money from sales of his jersey?
from High school? or the NBA?

If its the former, maybe he has something that instead of licensing, he gets proceeds from sales and splits it with his HS alma matter. Win/Win

but yea, he gets revenue for the NBA sales

from High school? or the NBA?

If its the former, maybe he has something that instead of licensing, he gets proceeds from sales and splits it with his HS alma matter. Win/Win

but yea, he gets revenue for the NBA sales
My bad, I mean his NBA jersey.

so i've seen some unsettling comments from crackas about how this is going to ruin college sports...

so the university paying a head coach $7M is doing what exactly??

Fuck them

Now instead of just fuckn they bitch, he can her something from the $1 menu at Mickey D's

Nah. I believe that's what the Ed O'Bannon case was about. Not jersey's but UCLA still profiting off him after he been left the school by using his likeness in a game.

Back