Welcome To aBlackWeb

Roc Clapping clip.gif

Stephen Colbert I told you so clip.gif

@ 2:00 is exactly what I said when the show started.

Bumpy wasn't a drug dealer.......his racket was numbers.

Frank Lucas and Nicky Barnes were the ones who were heavy in the drug game.........not Bumpy.

And just like I said before:

"Creative License" is one thing...........but the producers are really slandering his name when they portray him as some kind of drug kingpin.

All the oldheads who I've seen speak on Bumpy are adamant that he didn't touch drugs.

If they were so set on focusing the show on drugs, it would've been more accurate if the show was about Frank Lucas or Nicky Barnes.

Would like to know how any remaining members of Bumpy's family feel about this.

View attachment 198065

View attachment 198066

@ 2:00 is exactly what I said when the show started.

Bumpy wasn't a drug dealer.......his racket was numbers.

Frank Lucas and Nicky Barnes were the ones who were heavy in the drug game.........not Bumpy.

And just like I said before:

"Creative License" is one thing...........but the producers are really slandering his name when they portray him as some kind of drug kingpin.

All the oldheads who I've seen speak on Bumpy are adamant that he didn't touch drugs.

If they were so set on focusing the show on drugs, it would've been more accurate if the show was about Frank Lucas or Nicky Barnes.

Would like to know how any remaining members of Bumpy's family feel about this.

They did it with the Mob guys as well.

Bumpy was close to Frank Costello, when he and Lucky Luciano was running things. But by 1963 Frank was outta the picture cuz Chin try to kill him some years earlier.

But Bumpy did sell drugs. That's what he went to prison for.

They did it with the Mob guys as well.

Bumpy was close to Frank Costello, when he and Lucky Luciano was running things. But by 1963 Frank was outta the picture cuz Chin try to kill him some years earlier.

But Bumpy did sell drugs. That's what he went to prison for.

Not exactly.

Granted, he did go to prison for selling drugs.

However, in one of the earlier episodes...........it was alluded to that he was set up/framed.

So, even though he was charged and convicted of selling drugs..........he didn't actually do it.

He just fell victim to a corrupt police department who couldn't get him on anything else...........so they decided to "get him" without really getting him.

If that makes any sense.

Basically, these cops/feds don't play fair.

Once they've set their sights on you, they'll take you down however they can.

Legally or illegally.

However, in one of the earlier episodes...........it was alluded to that he was set up/framed.

So they bullshitting bout everything else but the bold...
tenor.gif

So they bullshitting bout everything else but the bold...
tenor.gif

Put it like this, read the disclaimer that pops up right before the show.

Some things are true.........some things are...........quote/unquote...................."embellished."

According to dude in your video......and other people familiar with that time period............Bumpy wasn't known for pushing drugs.

So yeah, that part is bogus.

I hear ya but uhhh....

View attachment 198076

Its at the beginning of every episode lol

:js4:

Exactly.

But that's a huge embellishment.

It should only apply to minor things.

Like his daughter being his granddaughter, his daughter being on crack, messing with the Vanderbilt chick, etc.

Saying he sold drugs............when he and everyone who knows anything about him is adamant that he didn't..........goes well beyond the spirit of embellishment.

That's flipping his whole story by characterizing him as something that he wasn't.

Character assassination when you think about it.

jus finished ep 2. im digging it. The plot moving FAST AF THO!! alotta shit happened in ep 1 alone.

they coulda made an entire 2 eps jus up to where bumpy and Malcolm steal the dope and fisk comes in and they have him surrounded.

Im loving the entire cast. Im loving the differences between Gus Fring, Bumpy and Malcolm. How they all have to work together to get what they want.

Denzel = Malcolm X imo. But this new actor is holding his own. Even down the body language and the way Malcolm sits.

but the up to date music. Ross, Swizz, meek etc is woat. it jus feels outta place. we need music from that era. blues, soul etc. Better fix that in S2

Back