Welcome To aBlackWeb

Girlfriend of 6 months wants to move in what would you do?

What would you do?

• Total voters
Maybe she doesn't have a family. Or she does but cant get to them. Or can get to them but there's no space for her. Or there is space for her but to leave would uproot her whole life and she thought maybe her bf of six months could help her instead of her startin' all over again.

Or maybe she does have an unstable family and she doesn't wanna go back coz she escaped them.

There are so many reasons someone wouldn't have anywhere to stay niggas gotta look outside every once in a while
Like I said

As a guy, if I'm falling on hard times, I'm ALWAYS going to check with my parents first because they've made it clear I'll ALWAYS have a place to stay

I have a great and healthy relationship with them so I wouldn't even think to ask a chick I've been dating for 6 months if I could crash with her

That is a red flag.

But again, there are exceptions to this. If the very first place she doesn't think to go are her parents, that is an issue. Not saying there isn't a legitimate reason, but it is an issue nonetheless

Like I said

As a guy, if I'm falling on hard times, I'm ALWAYS going to check with my parents first because they've made it clear I'll ALWAYS have a place to stay

I have a great and healthy relationship with them so I wouldn't even think to ask a chick I've been dating for 6 months if I could crash with her

That is a red flag.

But again, there are exceptions to this. If the very first place she doesn't think to go are her parents, that is an issue. Not saying there isn't a legitimate reason, but it is an issue nonetheless

Lol rah so that your gf isn't lucky enough to have parents who are both able and willin' to help her in hard times is a red flag?

I was thinking you get to know someone before becoming official. What's the time span before helping your partner when they really need it? Is it a probationary period?
I think Steve Harvey said 90 days before sex. So maybe 6months after the 90 days

:wtf11: Steve Harvey
i was bullshitting.

it was a time i heard a few chicks try to implement his dumb ass book.
i wonder if the same rules apply if they are in need.

but to answer your question...it depends on how the relationship is moving. no time limit.

in theory....my wife and i never agreed to move in together.....we just stayed in two places and ended up getting a house.

Lol rah so that your gf isn't lucky enough to have parents who are both able and willin' to help her in hard times is a red flag?
I know what you're doing

But remove parents

Cousins, aunts uncles, godparents

And I'm willing to bet out of 10 females at least 7 of them have a relative ( parents) they could go stay with if they fell on hard times. These females are the rule. The remaining 3 are the exception

Now, start digging into the reasons why the 3 don't have anyone in their immediate family circle they could turn to and you find me a reason other than they just like the feel of independence that won't raise some concerns i.e red flags

You really on JV playing against Varsity in this back and forth. If you ain't figured out by now, I got time brah

I know what you're doing

But remove parents

Cousins, aunts uncles, godparents

And I'm willing to bet out of 10 females at least 7 of them have a relative ( parents) they could go stay with if they fell on hard times. These females are the rule. The remaining 3 are the exception

Now, start digging into the reasons why the 3 don't have anyone in their immediate family circle they could turn to and you find me a reason other than they just like the feel of independence that won't raise some concerns i.e red flags

You really on JV playing against Varsity in this back and forth. If you ain't figured out by now, I got time brah

Maybe she doesn't have a family. Or she does but cant get to them. Or can get to them but there's no space for her. Or there is space for her but to leave would uproot her whole life and she thought maybe her bf of six months could help her instead of her startin' all over again.

Or maybe she does have an unstable family and she doesn't wanna go back coz she escaped them.

There are so many reasons someone wouldn't have anywhere to stay niggas gotta look outside every once in a while

Yall assuming too much shit.

People have different definitions of the same thing.

Maybe in her mind, her idea of being in a relationship means her man is the first person to go to for help.

Or maybe her parents and friends told her she could stay with them but she felt like she rather stay with her man.

Could be a red flag, or could just be her understanding of her relationship.

Thats why assumptions for either side should be left out.

I was thinking you get to know someone before becoming official. What's the time span before helping your partner when they really need it? Is it a probationary period?

I think for a lot of people it's the 3 mth mark. If you see each other once a week, prolly longer.

Yall assuming too much shit.

People have different definitions of the same thing.

Maybe in her mind, her idea of being in a relationship means her man is the first person to go to for help.

Or maybe her parents and friends told her she could stay with them but she felt like she rather stay with her man.

Could be a red flag, or could just be her understanding of her relationship.

Thats why assumptions for either side should be left out.
this would be great if it wasn't for 6 months as the reference point b

a lot of y'all just really starting to take mental health and trauma experiences in the black community as legitimate

so I'm not surprised some of you don't think that it's weird when people have strange or strained family dynamics so much to the point where it literally governs how they view social interactions with everyone else moving forward

What possible red flags are there if a woman don’t have family to go to?
Depending on her age, if she has no family, cuz they're dead or distant, that is fine. But what if its cuz she or they are bat shit crazy.

Maybe she just moved to the city or country and doesnt really know anyone like that(ABW poll says she on her own bruh!) So thats fine also. But what if its cuz shes is bat shit crazy.

No savings so rely on. Maybe she used it all to move, and she was just starting to build back up, again totally fine. But what if its cuz shes bat shit crazy and cant keep a job?

No credit. This that or the other thing happened cuz shit happens with credit cards, fiiiiiine. But.....

Depending on her age, if she has no family, cuz they're dead or distant, that is fine. But what if its cuz she or they are bat shit crazy.

Maybe she just moved to the city or country and doesnt really know anyone like that(ABW poll says she on her own bruh!) So thats fine also. But what if its cuz shes is bat shit crazy.

No savings so rely on. Maybe she used it all to move, and she was just starting to build back up, again totally fine. But what if its cuz shes bat shit crazy and cant keep a job?

No credit. This that or the other thing happened cuz shit happens with credit cards, fiiiiiine. But.....
Idk sometimes people have fall outs. But I understand your point

Back