Welcome To aBlackWeb

Gillie: I F*cked One of Black Thought's B*tches

But people say 50 ain't shit for the same reason.

Funny cause his reason for throwing subliminals at BT and the Roots was the same as fif getting at fat joe and jada.

Nas was mad the roots did that concert tape with jay. Think it was called unplugged. I dont remember why Nas went at Ras though.

The Ras Kass bars were hard.

Soul on Ice, death threats given by clows, I guess,
livin' is prison when you live around clowns,
I'm hexed

Funny cause his reason for throwing subliminals at BT and the Roots was the same as fif getting at fat joe and jada.

Nas was mad the roots did that concert tape with jay. Think it was called unplugged. I dont remember why Nas went at Ras though.

The Ras Kass bars were hard.

Soul on Ice, death threats given by clows, I guess,
livin' is prison when you live around clowns,
I'm hexed

You're right about the Ras Kass but not about the roots.

Around the same time The Roots were given a role in Spike Lee’s controversial satire Bamboozled, Nas felt it was hypocritical for the hip-hop band, who’ve poked fun at rappers for selling out for corporate sponsorships, to appear in the New Line Cinema project. The Roots were cast as a band performing in blackface, named “The Alabama Porch Monkeys.”

“In some interview he made a comment about how wack it was for us to do the movie Bamboozled with Spike Lee and ‘how you gonna call yourself The Roots and Black Thought or something and you’re portraying a group called The Alabama Porch Monkeys in Spike Lee’s movie with the ball and chain and all,'” Black Thought said on The Combat Jack Show. “Nas was spazzing out on a lot of people during that point in time because he was losing his mom. He had actual beef during that time and this was just a comment he made about The Roots.”

You're right about the Ras Kass but not about the roots.

Around the same time The Roots were given a role in Spike Lee’s controversial satire Bamboozled, Nas felt it was hypocritical for the hip-hop band, who’ve poked fun at rappers for selling out for corporate sponsorships, to appear in the New Line Cinema project. The Roots were cast as a band performing in blackface, named “The Alabama Porch Monkeys.”

“In some interview he made a comment about how wack it was for us to do the movie Bamboozled with Spike Lee and ‘how you gonna call yourself The Roots and Black Thought or something and you’re portraying a group called The Alabama Porch Monkeys in Spike Lee’s movie with the ball and chain and all,'” Black Thought said on The Combat Jack Show. “Nas was spazzing out on a lot of people during that point in time because he was losing his mom. He had actual beef during that time and this was just a comment he made about The Roots.”

I disgree fam.

I think the Roots played takeover for Jay during unplugged and Nas said got mad.

He mighta said he was dissing them cause of bamboozled cause he not bout to say yo im mad they played as Jays bands.

Btw, if im beefing with someone, and another well known group comes and does a concert with that someone and plays the instrumental while dude is dissing me, its fuck them too. So im not even mad at nas for this.

It might be ignorant, but idgaf. Cant play the instrumental while dude dissing me and then expect us to be cool.

Back