Welcome To aBlackWeb

Ghostwriting in Hiphop

How do you feel about it.
I personally dont fuck with it and I lose respect for a rapper when I hear about it, but there are some exceptions to this for me.
1) Rapper isnt your primary job. Im not bad when niggas like Diddy, Dre, or Birdman for getting verses written because thats not what they really do.
2) You're up front about. Word to Easy E, but this a automatically excludes you from best rapper talks.

Meek said Drake had a ghostwriter
Ghostwriter or not Drake bodied Meek multiple times
So I don't think it matters.

We don't judge actors based on if they wrote the script. It's the execution that matters.

I take that shit seriously in the regards to hiphop. Having a ghostwriter (for verses not hooks) automatically eliminates you from elite MC debates and convos.

With Drake, it's hard to tell which ones he wrote or not, cuz he's written songs for other people, so the nigga can write , but which hits are his? Either way , I can't put him up there with the top mc's , but he's in the goat entertainer/artists category, same with Kanye.

Meek said Drake had a ghostwriter
Ghostwriter or not Drake bodied Meek multiple times
So I don't think it matters.

We don't judge actors based on if they wrote the script. It's the execution that matters.
That's apples and oranges. An actors talent isn't writing the scripts it's acting. A rappers only skill iset his ability to rhyme well and write songs

yeah rappers that have ghost writers are not rappers to me and they gets no credibility. i consider em pop artists.

Back