Welcome To aBlackWeb

Who you gonna call......

PRAISE: I still remember sitting in the theater watching the first Ghostbusters with my father,and that's what Ghostbusters Afterlife is about...memories with a story about a single mother and her two children move to a new town, they soon discover they have a connection to the original Ghostbusters and the secret legacy their grandfather left behind.
The cast including : Finn Wolfhard, Ernie Hudson, Dan Aykroyd, Bill Murray, Celeste O’Connor, Logan Kim, Paul Rudd, Carrie Coon, and McKenna Gracedoes well.
Grace She is the standout and I was amazed at how she was able to capture some of the late great Harold Ramis's mannerisms.
I'm glad they kept the kids in a new town cliches to a minimum.
Sure there are some funny jokes, one liners,fun ghosts, and great SFX but at the core of this movie is a great story about family and sacrifice.
There are some really nice touches and tributes to the original cast and movies.
I'm not sure I'd there will be more Ghostbusters movies but I hope they land in the capable hands of Jason Reitman.
If you can stick around for the 2 after credits scenes.

PROBLEMS: The film definitely starts to lose its originality in its last 30 minutes.
There's an odd laid back reaction some of the characters have to other worldly situations.
This is the third movie I've seen this year that has a simple one sentence answer or explanation for something that I just couldn't get on board with.
It bothered me that situations that were EXTREMELY unforgettable had mainly become just footnotes.

Scale of 1 to 10 a 7½

Fantastic movie. Took the fam this morn to see it… theater had a small small crowd.. perfect… we loved it. Cast was great. Was a great follow up from 1

I will say it was a 8/10. I enjoyed it alot and even brought back memories as a kid being obsessed with Ghostbusters. The ending had me in the feels and def interested to see where they are going with this with the last after credits scene.

pretty good.. way better than that last piece of shit movie.

I thought Rick Moranis was gonna show up lol dah well. still dope tho

I'm a watch this over the weekend.

Did the same this weekend.

9/10

Bruh when Egon's ghost came and helped his granddaughter.......

giphy.webp

Only thing i think negative that seems to be the common ground in reviews is it just felt super slow and long at times even tho it gave you all the nostalgia love you could want.

Almost shed tears when all the ghostbusters were on screen at the end, child hood hit like a mf. Hopefully the next one is Ernie having a new adult team since the ending hinted at it and the pacing can play out better but overall it was fun and hits home during multiple spots if you grew up on it well. Glad i got to catch it in theaters with a crowd of die hards.

Last edited:
I'm glad Gozer got more screen time. That character I've always been intrigued since the OG.

Got about 1 hr into this last nite. Shit was a snooze fest imo.

Will pick it back up later tho.
Yeah the pacing is off in this one. But as a Ghostbusters fanatic there was rnough good to over look that. But i can understand anybody falling asleep to this.

Back