Welcome To aBlackWeb

Geographically re-aligning the NFL, NBA, and MLB divisions: good idea?

I don't get why we'd try to create new rivalries. To hopefully end up where we already are? Saints Falcons are rivals. What's the benefit of ending that and trying to make Falcons Titans the new rivalry?

You'd be breaking up rivalries with a history just for the sake of shaking things up.

I don't get why we'd try to create new rivalries. To hopefully end up where we already are? Saints Falcons are rivals. What's the benefit of ending that and trying to make Falcons Titans the new rivalry?

You'd be breaking up rivalries with a history just for the sake of shaking things up.

Attendance is down and the playoffs are views are down too.

Switch the shit up. Closer teams means more visitors going to games

Attendance is down and the playoffs are views are down too.

Switch the shit up. Closer teams means more visitors going to games

Attendance is down, but ratings are up. The product is just better on TV. If the Bucs come to FedEx Field (a few hours drive from me) I probably wouldn't be interested in going again. Eagles and Skins are close to each other, but their game at FedEx field this year still did bad numbers.

I hear you that it can be a boost, but I think it'd be real temporary. Once you've been to a game, you can check it off the bucket list. After that Im not paying $100+ for a ticket to freeze, hopefully not lose, have my whole day gone, not be able to watch any other games, and maybe call out the next day.

Attendance is down, but ratings are up. The product is just better on TV. If the Bucs come to FedEx Field (a few hours drive from me) I probably wouldn't be interested in going again. Eagles and Skins are close to each other, but their game at FedEx field this year still did bad numbers.

I hear you that it can be a boost, but I think it'd be real temporary. Once you've been to a game, you can check it off the bucket list. After that Im not paying $100+ for a ticket to freeze, hopefully not lose, have my whole day gone, not be able to watch any other games, and maybe call out the next day.

Not these playoffs ratings

How about rivalry week like they do in college

Realign the conferences and have them play a rival team from the old alignment every year on the schedule which may or may not have playoff implications

How about rivalry week like they do in college

Realign the conferences and have them play a rival team from the old alignment every year on the schedule which may or may not have playoff implications

No playoff implications? They're not gonna suit up for that (look at preseason). Details of that may be tough. Teams may be playing each other anyway. Then what do you do about the rivalry game? Play again?

the NFL is rich on tradition.
also, its a combination of two different leagues.
it should stay the way that it is.

No playoff implications? They're not gonna suit up for that (look at preseason). Details of that may be tough. Teams may be playing each other anyway. Then what do you do about the rivalry game? Play again?
i mean, not all the games have playoff implications every year. Sure its a bonus, but that shouldnt be the reason to keep these games going

most of these teams played each other out of necessity as there werent a lot of teams back when these "rivalries" started.

Back