Welcome To aBlackWeb

Geographically re-aligning the NFL, NBA, and MLB divisions: good idea?

Mister B.

The Devil’s Greatest Advocate…..
Let's start with the NBA. If we were to re-shuffle the conferences and divisions based on actual location of the cities, they would look like this:

The East:

Atlantic - Celtics, Knicks, Nets, Sixers, and WIZARDS (they are further East than Toronto, so Raps are out)
Central - RAPTORS, Cavs, Pistons, Pacers, and Bulls (Milwaukee is the furthest team West, they'd be place in the Western conference)
Southeast - Hornets, Hawks, GRIZZLIES, Magic, and Heat (none of the Central teams would make sense in the SE division, Memphis does)

The West
Northwest - BUCKS, Wolves, Nuggets, Blazers, Jazz
Southwest - Mavs, Spurs, Rockets, THUNDER, Pelicans (Thunder are closer to these teams than any team in the NW division now)
Pacific - Suns, Lakers, Clippers, Warriors, Kings (no change; Phoenix and the four CA Teams)

How would this change the dynamic of the NBA?

NFC or AFC dont matter. I switch up all the teams

NFC SOUTH
Saints
Texans
Cowboys
Tennessee

AFC SOUTH
Dolphins
Bucs
Jags
Falcons

NFC EAST
Giants
Patriots
Eagles
Bills

AFC NORTH
Ravens
Steelers
Browns
Bengals

NFC NORTH
Lions
Packers
Bears
Vikings

AFC EAST
Redskins
Jets
Panthers
Colts

NFC WEST
Rams
Chiefs
Cardinals
Broncos

AFC WEST
Chargers
Rams
49ers
Seahawks

Last edited:
Moving to the NFL:

AFC

East - Pats, Bills, Jets, RAVENS (Ravens are more closer in proximity than Miami, East-wise)
South - DOLPHINS, Jaguars, Titans, Texans (Colts are not in the north)
North - COLTS, Steelers, Browns, Bengals (All within 4 hours of each other)
West - Raiders, Chargers, Broncos, Chiefs (no change)

NFC
East - Giants, Eagles, Redskins, PANTHERS (Dallas is halfway across the country)
South - COWBOYS, Falcons, Saints, Bucs
North - Packers, Bears, Lions, Vikings (no change)
West - Niners, Rams, Seahawks, Cardinals (no change)

NFC or AFC dont matter. I switch up all the teams

NFC SOUTH
Saints
Texans
Cowboys
Tennessee

AFC SOUTH
Dolphins
Bucs
Jags
Falcons

NFC EAST
Giants
Patriots
Eagles
Bills

AFC NORTH
Ravens
Steelers
Browns
Bengals

NFC NORTH
Lions
Packers
Bears
Vikings

AFC EAST
Redskins
[bJets[/b]
Panthers
Colts

NFC WEST
Rams
Chiefs
Cardinals
Broncos

AFC WEST
Chargers
Rams
49ers
Seahawks
Wouldn't make sense to keep both NY teams in the same division, then? I'd swap the Eagles and Jets out.

NFL attendance is suffering. They need something to change

Division realignment wouldn’t do it tho. Rivalries in the NFC East & North alone generate tons of revenue for them. The high ass ticket prices & parking is what’s driving down attendance.

Division realignment wouldn’t do it tho. Rivalries in the NFC East & North alone generate tons of revenue for them. The high ass ticket prices & parking is what’s driving down attendance.

The league is bigger than just them teams.

The closer the teams the more folks are likely to travel to see their team play.

Just saying

The league is bigger than just them teams.

The closer the teams the more folks are likely to travel to see their team play.

Just saying

Even with that if someone wants to see their team bad enough they gonna pay to travel. You also gotta factor in the fact that it’s honestly just more comfortable to go to the bar or stay at home to watch games. I grew up just a couple hours from the Redskins stadium and traffic/parking and tickets have only in rare occasions been worth trying to see a game there.

Even with that if someone wants to see their team bad enough they gonna pay to travel. You also gotta factor in the fact that it’s honestly just more comfortable to go to the bar or stay at home to watch games. I grew up just a couple hours from the Redskins stadium and traffic/parking and tickets have only in rare occasions been worth trying to see a game there.

This. I've been to I think 3 Skins games (to see the away team), and 1 game in Tampa. Fuck alllll that weather (freezing in Washington, honestly felt like I was about to pass out in Tampa. I bought a water and just poured that shit on me).

Live games are cool to experience, but they're not that great IMO. You miss out on a lot of what's happening (no play breakdowns, no great replays with explanations, no injury updates, etc) live. Drinks are expensive. It takes all damn day. I can speak on FedEx Field. You may get there to tailgate at 10:00 or so, game starts at 1:00, you're not back to your car until 4:30 or so, then traffic's a bitch on the way out. And if you caught a L?! Sheeeiiitttt.

C/S

Cowboys/Redskins is the #1 oldest rivalry in the NFC East, that go back decades. Getting rid of that would be like getting rid of OSU/Michigan.

Fixed. Philly took DC's spot on that rivalry about 15 years ago. At least those two teams almsot regulary play each other for the division title (or a wildcard spot) in the later weeks. Skins have faced off against Dallas maybe once this century with the division on the line.

Plus DC gets OWNED by Dallas.

Last edited:
Fixed. Philly took DC's spot on that rivalry about 15 years ago. At least those two teams almsot regulary play each other for the division title (or a wildcard spot) in the later weeks. Skins have faced off against Dallas maybe once this century with the division on the line.

Slim Cowboy fans don't give a fuck bout Philly as much as Redskins or Giants. Y'all niggas is STILL 3rd in the pecking order as far as NFC East rivals go.

I wonder if the Slaveboy contingency were saying that in Week 16, when they got the division snatched from them by Wentz and a bunch of no-names.

those other games ain’t the same as skins vs cowboys at all lol

I live in Dallas and folks dont even acknowledge Washington. Fans and even the home station of the Cowboys say its Its NYG first and Philly second

there need to be new rivalries established

i've said this a few times here

the only people still pushing to see Dallas vs the NFC East are those people who were brainwashed by their parents to grow up thinking these games still mattered.

NOLA should be in the same division with both the Texas Teams and maybe Arizona

Back