Welcome To aBlackWeb

Gaming News, Announcements, Trailers etc.

https://kotaku.com/psn-name-changes-are-officially-coming-1829649230

Last week, we told you that game developers were preparing for PlayStation Network name changes to arrive. Now, the news is official, with Sony announcing this morning that users will be able to change their old PSN IDs starting in early 2019.

The first change will be free, Sony says, and subsequent changes will cost $10 a pop (or $5 if you’re a PlayStation Plus member). Beta testing for the service will start soon, if you’re part of PlayStation’s preview program and want to try it out.

The catch? Not all PS4/PS3/Vita games are going to support your new ID. Explains Sony:

When you change your online ID, you will have the option to display your previous ID with your new ID, so your friends can recognize you. Once you decide to display your old ID or not, you won’t be able to adjust this after completing the online ID change process.

This feature is compatible with PS4 games originally published after April 1, 2018, and a large majority of the most-played PS4 games that were released before this date. However, please note not all games and applications for PS4, PS3 and PS Vita systems are guaranteed to support the online ID change, and users may occasionally encounter issues or errors in certain games. If for any reason you experience issues after changing your ID, you can revert back to your original ID for free at any time (you will only be able to revert once during the preview program). Reverting back to an old ID will resolve most issues caused by the ID change. In addition, when this feature officially launches, a list of compatible games published before April 1, 2018, will be provided on PlayStation.com for reference before you make a change.

https://kotaku.com/psn-name-changes-are-officially-coming-1829649230

Last week, we told you that game developers were preparing for PlayStation Network name changes to arrive. Now, the news is official, with Sony announcing this morning that users will be able to change their old PSN IDs starting in early 2019.

The first change will be free, Sony says, and subsequent changes will cost $10 a pop (or $5 if you’re a PlayStation Plus member). Beta testing for the service will start soon, if you’re part of PlayStation’s preview program and want to try it out.

The catch? Not all PS4/PS3/Vita games are going to support your new ID. Explains Sony:

When you change your online ID, you will have the option to display your previous ID with your new ID, so your friends can recognize you. Once you decide to display your old ID or not, you won’t be able to adjust this after completing the online ID change process.

This feature is compatible with PS4 games originally published after April 1, 2018, and a large majority of the most-played PS4 games that were released before this date. However, please note not all games and applications for PS4, PS3 and PS Vita systems are guaranteed to support the online ID change, and users may occasionally encounter issues or errors in certain games. If for any reason you experience issues after changing your ID, you can revert back to your original ID for free at any time (you will only be able to revert once during the preview program). Reverting back to an old ID will resolve most issues caused by the ID change. In addition, when this feature officially launches, a list of compatible games published before April 1, 2018, will be provided on PlayStation.com for reference before you make a change.
damn, talk about charging for everything.

With the latest PS4 update, does it now mean any external hard drive is compatible?

I ain’t very savvy with tech, all I know is I need an external if I wanna play red dead.

Anyone know what’s decent? Rough prices?

Appreciate the feedback I’ll look for it over here $100 seems cheap, hopefully prices ain’t hiked up over here.

They got a 2TB for like 70 as well. I cant even tell the difference between playing games direct from the PS4 vs the external. No lag or performance issues at all.

Yea main issue I was worried about if only certain types had compatibility issues with the PS4, from what I’m reading it seems as long as it’s usb 3.0 they should all be compatible now.

upload_2018-10-16_11-56-52.png

https://kotaku.com/sega-fans-will-get-a-high-end-retro-console-of-their-ow-1829785177

Analogue, the Seattle-based retro console maker, has announced its latest project: the Mega Sg. Using a technological setup similar to its Super Nt released earlier this year, Analogue says the Mega Sg will be able to play every game from the Sega Genesis, Mega Drive, and Master Drive systems, and capable of outputting video from all of them in 1080p with zero latency when it launches in April 2019.

The Mega Sg is priced at $190, the same as the Super Nt, and like its predecessor doesn’t come with any games pre-installed. It’s a recreation of the original hardware rather than a glorified emulator, so you’ll need to supply the cartridges yourself, which would make or break this deal, depending on whether you already have an existing collection of old games or any interest in starting one. Analogue’s CEO, Christopher Taber, stressed to Kotaku in a phone interview that it makes enthusiast products for an enthusiast audience. In other words, the Mega Sg, like its siblings, is intended to occupy, and in some ways define, the high end of retro console gaming.

ahhh shit

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jasone...he-xbox-ones-best-feature-to-pc/#60cb59533fde

Regardless of the sales race between PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, Microsoft has always had a crucial advantage when viewed through the eyes of PC gamers: Xbox Play Anywhere. That service lets gamers buy a growing selection of titles (such as Forza Horizon 4 and Gears of War 5) on one platform and play them on both, frequently boasting cross-platform multiplayer and progression. But now the Xbox One's truly killer Netflix-style gaming subscription service, Xbox Game Pass, is also landing on PC.

DqrMLhEWsAAWC2l.jpg:large

Back