Welcome To aBlackWeb

OPINION Freddie Gibbs vs Young Jeezy

Who Has The Better Discography?

• Total voters

Sony Montana

Core Four
Mod Squad
I think Freddie Gibbs is established with enough bodies of work to finally be able to have this discussion.

Who has the Better Discography?

(we will exclude mixtapes for now)

Freddie Gibbs:

C077E23D-4FC1-4AD9-A453-CABF3DFAD7D8.jpeg

• ESGN
  • PINATA
  • SHADOW OF A DOUBT
  • YOU ONLY LIVE 2WICE
  • FREDDIE
  • FETTI
  • BANDANA
  • ALFREDO

Young Jeezy:

83214702-99AE-4EF5-8589-2403AE38334A.png
  • LETS GET IT: THUG MOTIVATION 101
  • THE INSPIRATION: THUG MOTIVATION 102
  • THE RECESSION
  • HUSTLERZ AMBITION: THUG MOTIVATION 103
  • SEEN IT ALL: THE AUTOBIOGRAPHY
  • CHURCH IN THESE STREETS
  • TRAP OR DIE 3
  • PRESSURE
  • THE LEGEND OF THE SNOWMAN: THUG MOTIVATION 104

Fan of both.
Pretty much all of Freddie's albums stay in rotation.
When I listen to Jeezy, it's cause he came up on a radio station I'm listening to. Then I might go and check out the album the song was on.
The thing with Gibbs is that dude can rap on anything and make it sound good.
Prime Jeezy though was that nigga but was carried by production imo.
I feel like Gibbs has found his flow and identity while Jeezy we see flashes (see TOD 3) of what he could do but still struggling.
All that being said I pick Gangsta Gibbs.

i just cant get into Gibbs music

i tried but i just cant

maybe i need to be high or something
Is this a case of who’s music you prefer or who has the better discography though?

are you equating a better discog to being easier for you to listen to or are you simply saying you can’t get into it because it’s not all that great to you but for Jeezy it is good so therefore you’re into it?

Basically are you doing the shizlansky of “I listen to _____ more so ima vote for them”? Lol

@Duwop why you pick jeezy?

Help my thread out B
Gibbs music doesn't grab me..... Every time I give homie a listen, it's never anything I look forward to hearing again....

And Jeezy was legit my favorite artist for a short period of time around 102....

So off of the 102 album being my favorite album for a few weeks/months compared to not 1 Gibbs song ever coming close to that.... It's not a difficult choice for me.

And I've given Gibbs more than a fair listen in the Spotify age... His most recent music always goes in the play list and it gets cycled fairly regularly....I just don't feel like his music hits that hard

Is this a case of who’s music you prefer or who has the better discography though?

are you equating a better discog to being easier for you to listen to or are you simply saying you can’t get into it because it’s not all that great to you but for Jeezy it is good so therefore you’re into it?
i cant give an opinion on gibbs objectively b/c i have trouble getting into his music

jeezy was well on his way after his first 3 albums then the descent happened

I liked the very last song on the gibbs/madlib collab joint though. I think it was the last song, but the beat was fucking TOUGH. And haven't checked out his other projects after that

Can't

Bruh, if someone can get into an artists music, they ain't gonna value the discography they way you do...

i cant give an opinion on gibbs objectively b/c i have trouble getting into his music

jeezy was well on his way after his first 3 albums then the descent happened

I liked the very last song on the gibbs/madlib collab joint though. I think it was the last song, but the beat was fucking TOUGH. And haven't checked out his other projects after that
Cool I get it

thanks

Can't
Bruh, if someone can get into an artists music, they ain't gonna value the discography they way you do...
Yeah but I’ll give you an example

I can’t really get into kendrick’s music but I can acknowledge I think he has a better discography than a lot of guys

For me, it's pretty easily Jeezy. Even though he's tainted his legacy the last few years, and hasn't put out a GOOD album since Seen It All, his peak is far beyond Gibbs peak. And even though Gibbs is ill, I'm no nearly as high on Piñata as everybody else.

In the interest of full disclosure. I'm an Atlanta nigga. So Jeezy shit is just gonna mean something different to me.

Yeah but I’ll give you an example

I can’t really get into kendrick’s music but I can acknowledge I think he has a better discography than a lot of guys
This sounds like you are giving Kendrick pity. If YOU don't feel him, how can YOUR opinion be that his work is better then alot of others?

For me, it's pretty easily Jeezy. Even though he's tainted his legacy the last few years, and hasn't put out a GOOD album since Seen It All, his peak is far beyond Gibbs peak. And even though Gibbs is ill, I'm no nearly as high on Piñata as everybody else.

In the interest of full disclosure. I'm an Atlanta nigga. So Jeezy shit is just gonna mean something different to me.

FAC81D62-CFAE-4730-B5FD-D435EE286091.jpeg

87A31135-FC9C-47D5-BEE6-E217D2B61C2A.gif

For things like this, you need to have listened to both artists for your opinion to be valid. That's why these shits be skewed. I can say all the albums listed I've listened to way more than once.

This sounds like you are giving Kendrick pity. If YOU don't feel him, how can YOUR opinion be that his work is better then alot of others?
How is that pity? The same way you could not like Lebron’s game but acknowledge he’s a better player and has a better career than Larry bird

Last edited:
Back