Welcome To aBlackWeb

OUT NOW Freddie Gibbs & The Alchemist - Alfredo šŸ

Rate: Alfredo

Results are only viewable after voting.
Tell me the story of making Alfredo.
Alchemist:
We whipped it up pretty quickly. We had an idea to do it. Me and Freddy work quick as lightning. Freddyā€™s machine gun lightning. Ever since we did ā€œScottie Pippen,ā€ it was like all right, we knew what we had to do. It just took time. Everything is timing.

Freddie Gibbs: Yeah, itā€™s timing. Itā€™s just like breathing, man. Itā€™s natural with Al. You go over Alā€™s spot, thatā€™s the rap school. Like he said, once I did ā€œScottie Pippen,ā€ I stepped in the rap school and started sharpening my shit up. That helped me to even make PiƱata, Bandana, and all of that type shit. Now, this is coming full circle. Itā€™s a perfect trajectory that I wanted for my career, rap-wise.

Did you guys actually make the album together?
Freddie Gibbs:
Hell yeah. We both live in L.A., so it was nothing. It was just going to pick up beats and then write raps. Like I said, itā€™s second nature at this point.

Where were you when you recorded?
Freddie Gibbs:
I was either at Alā€™s spot or my spot at the crib in L.A.

Alchemist: Yeah, we worked over here. I even pulled up to the crib a couple times, rolled up to the mansion. Chilled on the mountain, got my mind right.

Freddie Gibbs: Itā€™s a little bachelor pad, man. I ainā€™t got no mansion.

Al, did you make the beats with Freddie and this project in mind?
Alchemist:
When I make beats, I always have different people in mind. But with Freddie, once he goes, you got to get out of the way. Itā€™s really about picking the right beats. We just sat with beats. Then, it was easy, I canā€™t even lie. That shit was very easy.

Freddie Gibbs: Once we did Fetti with Curren$y, I knew that I wanted to do my own joint. Fettiā€™s a classic, too. I was like, ā€œMan, if I could bring that same magic for a whole joint myself, itā€™s going to go off.ā€ Fetti was the motivation. Like I said, ever since ā€œScottie Pippen,ā€ I been motivated to do this with Al.

How was making this different than creating Fetti?
Freddie Gibbs:
No disrespect to Curren$y, but itā€™s not a collaborative effort with another rapper. Alā€™s going to be Al, whatever heā€™s on. I just had to be great on the raps. I think that these are some of the best raps I ever did, because Al put me in a space where the raps come effortless. I donā€™t feel like Iā€™m doing no work when Iā€™m doing this shit. Itā€™s just smooth, itā€™s easy.

I wanted to steal the ā€œ$500 Ouncesā€ record from Westside Gunn. Thatā€™s one of the first records I did. Then Westside took that joint and I was like, ā€œAll right, cool.ā€ That motivated me to keep rapping good.

I wanted to go through one of the interludes, to get an idea of how you guys work. Right before ā€œScottie Beam,ā€ you used a snippet of this Gil Scott-Heron interview where heā€™s talking about ā€œThe Revolution Will Not Be Televised.ā€ ā€œScottie Beamā€ has a bunch of lines that play on that song title. Did you guys find the interview after you did the song or before?
Freddie Gibbs:
I was reading Gil Scott-Heron while I was making the album. Then I was just at the house high, watching YouTube. I was like, ā€œAll right, Iā€™m going to jam this way on this record.ā€

Soon as Al played me that beat, I knew it was for Rick Ross. I was like, ā€œThis is Maybach music, nigga, all day.ā€ I was getting on a track with one of the best rappers. I was like, I got to come a certain way to make him even interested in the record. Thatā€™s why I came with that line and repeated it, and gave it a theme: to set it up for Ross to kill that shit.

Track w Tyler, the track w Conway, & 1985 (i travel w a cocaine circus)

Them my 3 joints

3/5

Tha more I listen to this album tha more fire it gets....I mean I already fucked witā€™ it first run thru but since then itā€™s gotten better and better

4/5

Fire.

Scottie Beam, Babies &Fools, and Baby $hit stay on repeat.

giphy.gif

Ok heres my review.

As you all know I am not the biggest fan of Gibbs maybe this project will change that?

1.1985-Decent intro track. No memorable bars or anything that stands out. 5/10
2.God Is Perfect-Excellent way to start off the album. Gibbs was flowing his ass off on this. 10/10
3.Scottie Beam ft.Rick Ross-Great beat. Lol at dude Rick Ross to throw shots at Jeezy. As for Rick Ross, its fucking Rick Ross nothing special about his music at all anymore. 6/10
4.Look at Me-Meh this was obviulsy an interlude. It serves its purpose 5/10
5.Frank Lucas ft. Benny the Butcher-Best track on the album hands down. Benny massacred his verse and proved he is the better rapper
"Nah, my finger never could point
You know pussy best when it's moist "
10/10

6.Something to Rap About ft. Tyler, the Creator-Great smooth beat. Freddie went but Tyler was just kinda there. i mean he wasn't ad but he wasn't good. Gibbs verse was solid enough to give it a 7. 7/10
7.Baby $Hit-I don't how to describe this one but the beat is great and Nothing bad about the rapping so yeah. 6/10
8.Babies & Fools ft. Conway the Machine-My third favorite song of this project. Conway destroyed the beat. So much in fact I flat out skip Gibbs verse and just listen to Conways part. 9/10
9.Skinny Suge-My least favorite track off the album. Them coke bars just aren't hiting it. 4/10
10.All Glass-Solid way to end the album. "Feed a hoe like Andre 3000" Thats a great line. 8/10

Overall 6 out of 10

Its a decent project but nowhere as good people hype it up to be. The production is fantastic but how hard is it to sound good Alchemist's beats?

This is certainly my favorite Gibbs by far and I'll say neck and neck with Pray for Paris. Lulu right behind. I need that Tana talk 4 from Benny though

Ok heres my review.

As you all know I am not the biggest fan of Gibbs maybe this project will change that?

1.1985-Decent intro track. No memorable bars or anything that stands out. 5/10
2.God Is Perfect-Excellent way to start off the album. Gibbs was flowing his ass off on this. 10/10
3.Scottie Beam ft.Rick Ross-Great beat. Lol at dude Rick Ross to throw shots at Jeezy. As for Rick Ross, its fucking Rick Ross nothing special about his music at all anymore. 6/10
4.Look at Me-Meh this was obviulsy an interlude. It serves its purpose 5/10
5.Frank Lucas ft. Benny the Butcher-Best track on the album hands down. Benny massacred his verse and proved he is the better rapper
"Nah, my finger never could point
You know pussy best when it's moist "
10/10

6.Something to Rap About ft. Tyler, the Creator-Great smooth beat. Freddie went but Tyler was just kinda there. i mean he wasn't ad but he wasn't good. Gibbs verse was solid enough to give it a 7. 7/10
7.Baby $Hit-I don't how to describe this one but the beat is great and Nothing bad about the rapping so yeah. 6/10
8.Babies & Fools ft. Conway the Machine-My third favorite song of this project. Conway destroyed the beat. So much in fact I flat out skip Gibbs verse and just listen to Conways part. 9/10
9.Skinny Suge-My least favorite track off the album. Them coke bars just aren't hiting it. 4/10
10.All Glass-Solid way to end the album. "Feed a hoe like Andre 3000" Thats a great line. 8/10

Overall 6 out of 10

Its a decent project but nowhere as good people hype it up to be. The production is fantastic but how hard is it to sound good Alchemist's beats?

Back