Welcome To aBlackWeb

Fragrance thread

just buy what you like and what you think smells good. Fuck the price and that’s on either side of the spectrum.

Different strokes...i dont mind paying for quality ...i do mind paying for mediocrity ...hell im like that wit food , restaurants, n clothes. For instance these "leather " gymshoes, that are creeping into luxury brand prices despite not even smelling like leather 🤣... i love 200 meals...when they separate themselves from 15 50 n 100 dollar meals

Moschino Toy Boy is the cheapest heavy hitter i got.. i love it.didn't even pay 50 for it...and itll turn a room around more than some thangs quadruple the cost

I aint married to prices and imagery... but we're ultimately paying for the experience....if it doesn't feel commensurate theres no point imo

Different strokes...i dont mind paying for quality ...i do mind paying for mediocrity ...hell im like that wit food , restaurants, n clothes. For instance these "leather " gymshoes, that are creeping into luxury brand prices despite not even smelling like leather 🤣... i love 200 meals...when they separate themselves from 15 50 n 100 dollar meals

Moschino Toy Boy is the cheapest heavy hitter i got.. i love it.didn't even pay 50 for it...and itll turn a room around more than some thangs quadruple the cost

I aint married to prices and imagery... but we're ultimately paying for the experience....if it doesn't feel commensurate theres no point imo

I’m with you on all points made

Now I may get flame for this, but i smell all of the major scents from Kilian, wasn't impressed and the same goes for Maison Francis Kurkdjian. Because feel you on paying top dollar and getting better your money's worth. Because their changing you that much money for a little 1.7 oz bottle. Where you can get the a 3 4 oz bottle for the same or better quality.

s1527332-main-zoom.jpg

Highly recommend yall check this one. It's sooo good. I love it !!!

I got the grey version. It’s nice

s1527332-main-zoom.jpg

Highly recommend yall check this one. It's sooo good. I love it !!!
Good choice, but go for the EDP, not the EDT. Performs better and lasts longer. Only thing is that scents like these are so popular you gon end up smelling like her Ex or something

Updated and upgraded my collection as you guys can see. The newest to my collection is intoxicated by killian, before guess my nose wasn't mature enough to really appreciate this brand. This fragrance actually lives up to is name and the best way to describe it is a spicy gourmand scent with coffee, cardamom, and vanilla are the main notes. Arabian oud resala is a oud and rose combination with notes of saffron, oud, rose, chocolate and vanilla. Lastly Louis Vuitton les sables roses is a really nice potent rose scent, add oud, black pepper and saffron. 20210930_104500.jpg 20210930_105437.jpg

Question do you guys get samples first or blind buy?
You really should sample everything because you don't know what you'll like, but me personally I sample anything I have to pay over $100 for. If I can get a 100mL bottle for under $100 then I'll just buy it blind.

Question do you guys get samples first or blind buy?
Usually get samples of fragrances not sure of, but now go to fragrantica and check out the not breakdown to see what's the overall fragrance will smell like. If you want to get samples scentspit, scentangel and twist lilly have samples from most fragrance brands.

Usually get samples of fragrances not sure of, but now go to fragrantica and check out the not breakdown to see what's the overall fragrance will smell like. If you want to get samples scentspit, scentangel and twist lilly have samples from most fragrance brands.
The problem with that is sometimes Fragrantica will be missing notes or added notes that aren't in the frag. Plus some folks on Fragrantica be having agendas

The problem with that is sometimes Fragrantica will be missing notes or added notes that aren't in the frag. Plus some folks on Fragrantica be having agendas
With everything you have to use your own mind and take apart the good and bad. Just use that site to give me a general idea of what the fragrance will smell like.

With everything you have to use your own mind and take apart the good and bad. Just use that site to give me a general idea of what the fragrance will smell like.
I get that, but I'm saying Fragrantica will sometimes have notes missing or notes added that aren't in the actual fragrance

Back