Welcome To aBlackWeb

Fragrance thread

Just got my Xerjoff discovery set through, they got millions different fragrances so was hard to blind pick just 4 but I used various YouTube reviews...

Still not sure Ive found another joint to buy...

400 - Started off quite promising but then the dry down became too floral for me...

Naxos - I really liked this but its abit too liquoricey for me (i hate the smell and taste of liquorice)... Though when I smell it at different times, I get different scents, sometimes I cant smell the liquorice and I get vanilla tones...

Richwood - That was a wild scent, dont think Ive ever smelled a fragrance like it, smells like Turkish Delight lol Think its abit too out there for me..

Alexander II - Lovely scent but very similar to my Acqua di Parma so dont see the point in copping this just yet...

Ughhh I wanna cop a new fragrance but Im still stuck, ended up giving my last couple discovery sets to my oldman...

Think Im gonna have to get the tube into Central London (which I hate) and hit up Harrods and Selfridges and go the perfume boutiques otherwise Im gonna waste a fortune on samples...

Last edited:
I swear Im never buying Aventus again lol I saw a comment on YouTube the otherday hating on someone 'he looks like he sprays a bottle of Aventus just to go the cornerstore' lol Its officially washed, its on Supreme level of hypebeast...

Just got my Xerjoff discovery set through, they got millions different fragrances so was hard to blind pick just 4 but I used various YouTube reviews...

Still not sure Ive found another joint to buy...

400 - Started off quite promising but then the dry down became too floral for me...

Naxos - I really liked this but its abit too liquoricey for me (i hate the smell and taste of liquorice)... Though when I smell it at different times, I get different scents, sometimes I cant smell the liquorice and I get vanilla tones...

Richwood - That was a wild scent, dont think Ive ever smelled a fragrance like it, smells like Turkish Delight lol Think its abit too out there for me..

Alexander II - Lovely scent but very similar to my Acqua di Parma so dont see the point in copping this just yet...

Ughhh I wanna cop a new fragrance but Im still stuck, ended up giving my last couple discovery sets to my oldman...

Think Im gonna have to get the tube into Central London (which I hate) and hit up Harrods and Selfridges and go the perfume boutiques otherwise Im gonna waste a fortune on samples...
What kind of fragrance are you looking for?

What kind of fragrance are you looking for?

I really dont know!!! Nothing overly citrusy as Im not a fan of strong citrus fragrances...

I guess I dont really a want a sandalwood/patchouli type one as I got 'Egypt' and guess I dont want an Oud either unless its quite different to the Acqua di Parma one...

Other than that Im I dont mind lol

Thing is alot of fragrances use similar base notes dont they??? As Im not a big collector Im trying to find couple joints that are all different that I can switch up...

Its tough to find one without heading to a few boutiques and smelling a ton of them...

I tried the few Creed samples I found today...

After smelling 'Silver Mountain Water' straight away I remember buying it years ago...

Not sure why I never bought it again because its heavenly and super fresh, I guess its because I went on to buy Aventus a couple times after, think I need to revisit buying it again... @Northside7 try get a sample of that if youre looking into Creed...

'Orignal Vetiver' was OK but not for me...

The last sample was 'Love In White Summer' which is for women, fck me that nice @Tayboo have tried it???

I got a few samples before. Aventus is good but you could get Montblanc Explorer which smells similar and cost a lot less.

Bois Du Portugal, silver mountain water, and royal oud are my picks.

I got a few samples before. Aventus is good but you could get Montblanc Explorer which smells similar and cost a lot less.

Bois Du Portugal, silver mountain water, and royal oud are my picks.

Silver Mountain Water is incredible...

Check out Eight & Bob's 'Egypt' and Acqua di Parma's 'Oud' and 'Yuzu'... You can get discovery sets of both or just find some samples...

The way I got on about 'Egypt' you would think I get shares in the company lol

Silver Mountain Water is incredible...

Check out Eight & Bob's 'Egypt' and Acqua di Parma's 'Oud' and 'Yuzu'... You can get discovery sets of both or just find some samples...

The way I got on about 'Egypt' you would think I get shares in the company lol

I'll try to find those.

Right now I've been checking out the Tom Ford scents. Grey Vetiver, Bitter peach, and black orchid are my picks so far.

Back