Welcome To aBlackWeb

OPINION Foundational/FBA/ADOS vs. Black Immigrants

Jamaica isn't only black ppl. I personally know a Chinese Jamaican.
So what color is associated with Jamaican? It’s clear the Chinese person came to the island from somewhere else. I’m sure it’s white Jamaicans.
Maybe I’m wrong but shouldn’t a “black “ Jamaican be just Jamaican? Their island.

I never heard of white German or white French.

just saying

So what color is associated with Jamaican? It’s clear the Chinese person came to the island from somewhere else. I’m sure it’s white Jamaicans.
Maybe I’m wrong but shouldn’t a “black “ Jamaican be just Jamaican? Their island.

I never heard of white German or white French.

just saying

Is this really worth arguing about.

See.

See.

Niggas always nig

I see the redundancy of it. I just think it's trivial.

My guess is he used black purely for emphasis since being black makes his opinion about the Adele thing that much more relevant.

Or since we use "black American" a lot he had that racial-nationality construction in mind and typed it in a jif.

But here i am again answering for someone else now.

I see the redundancy of it. I just think it's trivial.

My guess is he used black purely for emphasis since being black makes his opinion about the Adele thing that much more relevant.

Or since we use "black American" a lot he had that racial-nationality construction in mind and typed it in a jif.

But here i am again answering for someone else now.
What’s trivial to you is not trivial to someone else.
But again this is just my question to understand his statement.

like I said I might be wrong. I feel the island is theirs and thus he shouldn’t need to specify color to anyone once he states his nationality. That’s their nation.

like I said I might be wrong. I feel the island is theirs and thus he shouldn’t need to specify color to anyone once he states his nationality. That’s their nation.

Then explain how it isn't trivial. You're the only one here making an issue of it. I've got Jamaican heritage myself and didn't bat an eye.

Other than that, I agree. Saying black jamaican is redundant. When u say "Jamaican" most would already assume ur black. It's the minorities in the nation who would be obliged to tack on their race.

Then explain how it isn't trivial. You're the only one here making an issue of it. I've got Jamaican heritage myself and didn't bat an eye.

Other than that, I agree. Saying black jamaican is redundant. When u say "Jamaican" most would already assume ur black. It's the minorities in the nation who would be obliged to tack on their race.
It’s not trivial because I asked about it.

being the only one asking means nothing to me. If I’m curious I’m asking.

It’s not trivial because I asked about it.

being the only one asking means nothing to me. If I’m curious I’m asking.

Lol. I can admit to having trivial curiosities. anyway....

here's another theory. if an Asian Jamaican moves to the US they'd call themselves Jamaican American. Not Asian Jamaican American.

Who else would do that? Immigrated Jamaicans who are black.

They're both Jamaican Americans.

From that American immigrant context it'd sometimes make sense to differentiate between race when mentioning your background. So, even if not bothering to mention his status as an American immigrant in the post, this racial differentiation of Jamaican immigrants was still used.

I guess that makes sense. Man I told myself I wouldn't go this deep into it.

For every foreign black coon dropped there's one born here and/or one self destructing kill your own ppl muthafucka...

Herchel Walker
Stacey Dash

We can keep this up

I specified black because of the subject at hand. Jamaica is a diverse island. There's white, chinese, indians, jewish et al on the island. U right tho, it is majority black. The motto of the island is 'Out of many, one people".

Back