Welcome To aBlackWeb

Former NBA Star Latrell Sprewell Asks for $35k For Granddaughter's Cancer Treatment

Scandalust313

Unshakeable Unbreakable Victorious
UPDATE: Post #20

This is incredibly sad

1613186732358.png

Hi Everyone My name is Latrell Sprewell yes correct!!! The former NBA player. I am in need My granddaughter is battling cancer. So any donations will help my granddaughter Tessa beat cancer she is very 1 year old and is fighting . Anything will do but I would just like to try to save her life she means the world to me and her mother. Thank you for everyone taking the time to donate. She has been Diagnosed with leukemia.
*GoFundMe has been deleted*

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

One of the most surprising stories we’ve ever heard was about Latrell Sprewell, who was an All-Star and one of the best scorers in the league at some point but made perhaps the worst work-related decision in the history of professional sports.

Sprewell had a controversial incident with his then-coach PJ Carlesimo, who he threatened to kill and choked. Then again, he had another shot in the league with the New York Knicks, later being traded to the Minnesota Timberwolves.

Sprewell joined Kevin Garnett and Sam Cassell and the Timberwolves instantly became Championship contenders. Their Big 3 was unstoppable in the offensive end and it looked like they were ready to finally take a step forward and make the NBA Finals.

Fast-forward to 2004 when Sprewell hit free agency. The Timberwolves offered him a $14.6 million extension that could’ve made him amass from $27 to 30 million over the next couple of years but he felt lowballed and decided to respectfully decline their offer:

“Why would I want to help them win a title? They’re not doing anything for me. I’m at risk. I have a lot of risk here. I got my family to feed,” Sprewell said back in the day.

He bet on himself and ran out his contract but underperformed all year long. It’s obvious that Sprewell was expecting the Timberwolves to take their offer up a notch or draw interest from another team in the league, and given his character issues and his age, that just didn’t happen and Latrell Sprewell never played a minute of NBA basketball again.

Then in 2007, he left his wife, and that family he had to feed sued him for $200 million. He lost his yacht, defaulted his $1.5 million mortgage, had to pay over $3 million in taxes, and later lost his other house. We’re talking about a guy who made $97,060,000 over his career and now has a net worth of $50,000. That’s just incredible.

Source: In 2004, Latrell Sprewell Turned Down A $21.4 Million Contract With The Timberwolves Because It Wasn’t Enough To Feed His Family. He Never Played Again And Went Bankrupt. – Fadeaway World

Last edited:
Feel bad for the child, Spree not so much. I’d like to think someone from the NBA paid that bill.

I remember hearing that the Timberwolves offered him $25 Million for a three year contract and he turned it down. That was his last offer as nobody else wanted him. He played overseas for a few years but never played in the NBA again.

you guys need to understand something . when these dudes make in nfl, nba ,mlb or w.e sport everyone around them starts asking for help . some feel they have help the person to get where they are and should be atleast repaid . its a sad situation for them because they fall into the pressure of trying to carry the weight of everyone
No one is in the dark about that.

In addition to "feeding his family", Sprewell was also very reckless with money AND he shot himself in the foot with his arrogance by turning down a multi-million dollar contract with the Timberwolves.

His lack of humility and poor financial planning got him in the position where he has a net worth of just $50,000 and has to ask strangers on the Internet for money to help his granddaughter live. Very sad, but it is what it is.

Spreewell was nice

I really would like to know what the thought process is when millionaires fuck off all that money and get down to the last million.....if only he had invested in Gamestop and AMC back then lmao

WHAT?! He expects random ppl to pitch in, during pandemic no less.

KG, Chris Webber, Tim Hardaway, Patrick Ewing, Chris Mullin or Allen Houston should be able to give him the money

I need to understand why GoFundMe removed the shit. Serious question.
*UPDATE*

So, the word around the campfire is Latrell doesn't have a granddaughter and that photo was him on some former NBA star doing a photo op type shit.

The person who started the GFM allegedly, was Latrell's daughter's boyfriend, trying to scam and the page was reported.

Back