Welcome To aBlackWeb

Former NBA player Stephen Jackson dumb comments

#1hiphopjunki3

Go Spurs Go!!
What started off as good advice turned into sheer stupidity. Pretty solid video by the young lady responding to Jackson's stupid generalizations

He just dissed black women IMO
did he?

or did he say bitter black women?

if a chick aint bitter then whats the problem?

not saying you but we have to stop taking shit on that dont fit us.
someone say fat black people get on they nerves. i cant say they saying all black people get on they nerves. the person specified.
if the person said all....then i can speak on it.

we cant keep invalidating someones experience because we didnt live it.
alot of people have zero empathy for shit they dont see or live.

the message is the message.
we should really stop waiting for something to jump on just to invalidate the message.

its like some people wait just for that

He’s talking from a place of hurt and bitterness. But of course people will bypass his point to focus on that one statement.

Yeah, one of my homeboys is on some "I don't date black women anymore" shit. He's actually gone as far as saying he doesn't feel comfortable around black women any more. This all is following a pretty bad divorce where his Ex-wife basically tried to destroy him. Now it's dumb that he's taken that and someone how put it on all black women, but people do dumb things when they've been hurt. It is what it is.

did he?

or did he say bitter black women?

if a chick aint bitter then whats the problem?

not saying you but we have to stop taking shit on that dont fit us.
someone say fat black people get on they nerves. i cant say they saying all black people get on they nerves. the person specified.
if the person said all....then i can speak on it.

we cant keep invalidating someones experience because we didnt live it.
alot of people have zero empathy for shit they dont see or live.

the message is the message.
we should really stop waiting for something to jump on just to invalidate the message.

its like some people wait just for that
My dude, that doesn't make sense. Bitter and fat are two different words. One is an emotion and the other is a physical appearance. Saying fat black women means all fat black women. But they all have different personalities so what type of personality gets on that person's nerves? So fat white, Chinese, Indian, etc women are all cool? Saying "Bitter black women " will cause a dude's downfall is alright to say but a bitter white women will still help you in life? Now if he is speaking on his experience, it still doesn't make sense because all bitter women can be your downfall. When he said "Bitter black women" it sounds like he is saying they will do extra damage to a person then other bitter women. Words have power. If an audience is confused by a message, it wasn't a good message. Great speakers can convey their message without confusion.

My dude, that doesn't make sense. Bitter and fat are two different words. One is an emotion and the other is a physical appearance. Saying fat black women means all fat black women. But they all have different personalities so what type of personality gets on that person's nerves? So fat white, Chinese, Indian, etc women are all cool? Saying "Bitter black women " will cause a dude's downfall is alright to say but a bitter white women will still help you in life? Now if he is speaking on his experience, it still doesn't make sense because all bitter women can be your downfall. When he said "Bitter black women" it sounds like he is saying they will do extra damage to a person then other bitter women. Words have power. If an audience is confused by a message, it wasn't a good message. Great speakers can convey their message without confusion.
do you think sometimes it can be the listener?

i clearly got his message.
and i agree. a bitter person will destroy anyone they can. it just happens to be the black women he dealt with that hes speaking on and the others like them are toxic.

thing is....why cant all be true?
it can be bitter people
it can be bitter black women.
it can be bitter dudes
and it can be bitter black dudes.

but if a bitter black dude says anything about a bitter black woman...why cant he be speaking from hurt and give a warning.

or must he say...all bitter women to protect people egos and insecurities?

we all grown....we gotta stop with this.

we know what hes saying.
we know what hes implying.

everyone is not malcolm X level orators.

and i agree. a bitter person will destroy anyone they can. it just happens to be the black women he dealt with that hes speaking on and the others like them are toxic.

it can be bitter people
it can be bitter dudes

but if a bitter black dude says anything about a bitter black woman...why cant he be speaking from hurt and give a warning.

we know what hes saying.

You're like stretch Armstrong with your reaching.

1. Jackson is in the media and has been under media scrutiny most of his life, he understands how the game is played and how things are perceived when you publicly put info out

2. He doubled/tripled down on his comments by posting he doesn't date black women anymore.

3. He could've and should've cleaned his comments up if he didn't want his true meaning to be misconstrued

it can be bitter people
it can be bitter dudes

we know what hes saying.

There is a reason why some people shouldn't have a mic. Because they sometimes can't convey their message clearly . If a white girl/dude said the same thing "Bitter black men/women" would the energy be the same? "Specificity" is important in speech. Without it, your message can and will be picked apart. You may have got the message but it is obvious others didn't. Then other media groups or other races could use this message against him since he wasn't specific, they could use it to bash black women. People sleep on how powerful words are. It is not what you mean but how you say it. Plus, I thought you were one of those "on code" dudes? Wouldn't this be one of those cases or not?

You're like stretch Armstrong with your reaching.

1. Jackson is in the media and has been under media scrutiny most of his life, he understands how the game is played and how things are perceived when you publicly put info out

2. He doubled/tripled down on his comments by posting he doesn't date black women anymore.

3. He could've and should've cleaned his comments up if he didn't want his true meaning to be misconstrued
so what mindframe are you in to think he needs to fix it if thats not what he meant?

if you know that ...why must he fix it?
its like......i know you didnt mean it but you should make it look better.

the fact he been in the spotlight may make him tired of trying to say the right things.

people are going to take things the way the hear the world or see the person.

if he wont date black women anymore then ok....he has his reasons. maybe hes in a place where hes lashing out and tired.

but whats more important....the message hes giving to others......the fact hes saying and promoting to not sleep around and settle with one women and building a family.

and he didnt say bitter black women ...he said bitter baby mothers. and said the demise of a successful black man is a bitter black woman.

didnt say or imply all women...hes specifying bitter.

but if yall want to say....well bitter white women do the same.

have at it..
i see the message for what it is.

It is funny because you know you are doing what you and Some others accuse race of doing @DOS_patos . When she is not saying all black men in her argument but doesn't sometimes say "some". You and Some others go on the offensive and say it is "some". Or say "what about the white man". Missing the message completely. I get what she is saying. So why is it hard for you to see why some people are upset at Stephen Jackson? See my other post where I talk about the importance of "Specificity " in ones speech.

it can be bitter people
it can be bitter dudes

we know what hes saying.

Sometimes it can be the listener's own biases that distort how a message is perceived. This is true, however when multiple people "misinterpret" your message then that's the fault of the messenger not the listening audience.

Sometimes it can be the listener's own biases that distort how a message is perceived. This is true, however when multiple people "misinterpret" your message then that's the fault of the messenger not the listening audience.
i agree with everything here...but i will say....tribalism and also distort the message to many.
and the influence of people deciphering and relaying the message can also sway the opinion.

but you are right .

Back