Welcome To aBlackWeb

Florida Man Thread

Four people were killed in South Florida after two armed jewelry thieves hijacked a UPS truck along with its driver and led cops on a high-speed pursuit that ended when the vehicle got stuck in traffic Thursday afternoon.

The chase began in Coral Gables and ended on a busy street in Miramar, where a shoot out erupted once the truck couldn't go any further because of traffic.

Killed at the scene were the two suspects, the abducted UPS driver and a bystander who was inside an idle car near the mayhem, sources told the Miami Herald.

The pursuit began shortly after a jewelry store in Coral Gables set off a silent alarm about 4.15pm, said Coral Gables Police Chief Ed Hudak.

Cops responded to Regent Jewelers on Mariana Avenue in less than two minutes to find that the suspects had exchanged gunfire with the store's proprietor, Hudak said.

A woman in the store also was found to have been shot in the head, and was later reportedly in stable condition.

The suspects then hijacked the UPS truck and its driver, leading authorities on a high-speed pursuit, which was captured by news outlets and broadcast live as the drama unfolded.

The chase ended 25 miles later in Miramar, when the truck was stuck in traffic. Police approached the vehicle and gunfire was exchanged.

I feel terrible for the UPS driver and the bystander in their car. UPS driver is just a few years younger than me. I saw him get killed live on TV. Rest in Paradise

Shit was disgusting as it unfolded on TV. Just awful all around.

Back