Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY FL Gov. Ron DeSantis has banned AP African-American Studies from being taught in Florida

Probably just learning about gay black people man. Relax
So we both don't know then?
Alright then
If someone sees that included in a curriculum to teach their kids and is fine with it that's on them....but why is it included in African American history?

European history is obviously being taught and it excludes queer theory or desantis would've been called a hypocrite for letting that slide.

Why isn't queer theory in European history but in African American history?

So we both don't know then?
Alright then
If someone sees that included in a curriculum to teach their kids and is fine with it that's on them....but why is it included in African American history?

European history is obviously being taught and it excludes queer theory or desantis would've been called a hypocrite for letting that slide.

Why isn't queer theory in European history but in African American history?

Idk

Shit got me curious tho. The article didnt say he banned all African American studies ONLY this AP course being taught in the state.

Whats the difference in regular and AP African American studies in the state of FL? Whats in this AP coursebook that made him take this action

Shit got me curious tho. The article didnt say he banned all African American studies ONLY this AP course being taught in the state.

Whats the difference in regular and AP African American studies in the state of FL? Whats in this AP coursebook that made him take this action
Queer theory

Ap is usually college style courses you take in high school. I’m assume he did not want the deeper knowledge of a college course.

As an example, DeSantis pointed out that the Advanced Placement course included elements of “queer theory,” discussions about abolishing prisons and lessons on intersectionality, a concept that refers to the way in which racism, sexism and classism can overlap and affect people

Read more at: https://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/education/article271524897.html#storylink=cpy

Lmao these the same niggas that claim they love free speech but wana tell you exactly what you can and can't learn. No better way to hone your critical thinking skills by engaging with multiple points of view, including shit you may end up disagreeing with.

...and still no self defense or common economics classes in school. American public education is a joke.
I hate to give Ron credit but I gotta give him his due. He did make it mandatory that personal finance courses are a part of the Florida HS curriculum a year or so back

He’s done a few things that I like
Ikr. I live in Northwest FL and I can't front, he came through with that hurricane relief money when Hurricane Michael came thru and destroyed a few counties in the area. He gonna get a fat check for recovery in Ft. Myers too...

These whites love that man up here. I'm curious to see how they'd vote if they had to vote between him and their white saviour Trump

Ikr. I live in Northwest FL and I can't front, he came through with that hurricane relief money when Hurricane Michael came thru and destroyed a few counties in the area. He gonna get a fat check for recovery in Ft. Myers too...

These whites love that man up here. I'm curious to see how they'd vote if they had to vote between him and their white saviour Trump

What do you mean he came through with that money? Is there some special pot he pulled from? Most disaster money is earmarked. All the governor's have to do is ask for it.

What do you mean he came through with that money? Is there some special pot he pulled from? Most disaster money is earmarked. All the governor's have to do is ask for it.
I'm pretty sure there's a pot of money for disaster. He's gone to that pot on multiple occasions for the same disaster. Ppl like when their politicians come through for them

Back