Welcome To aBlackWeb

I take it this joker movie is an origin story for ledgers joker correct? Prolly not. Either way im hoping that in this film he gets the acid bath and really becomes the joker. Why have a grounded aproach for the batman universe.? Batman is already a vrounded chareacter lretty much. Hes just a guy in a catsuit with no superpowers just gadgets. I'd doesn't get anymore grounded than that.

Jack Nicholson is still the closest live action ever got to depicting the comic book Joker. He had the mania, laugh, spontaneity and playfulness all down pact.

That is 100% pure comic book Joker. I mean this muthafucka commited a mass genocide and then proceeded to celebrate among his victim's corpses by dancing to Prince music and having priceless art defaced lmao

I loved Heath but that wasn't The Joker. It was an anarchistic terrorist. Mind you an extremely memorable one. I think Leto and Phoenix both could bring the balance that Jack did. Provided their scripts are good.

I take it this joker movie is an origin story for ledgers joker correct? Prolly not. Either way im hoping that in this film he gets the acid bath and really becomes the joker. Why have a grounded aproach for the batman universe.? Batman is already a vrounded chareacter lretty much. Hes just a guy in a catsuit with no superpowers just gadgets. I'd doesn't get anymore grounded than that.

It's its own self contained canon. Nothing to do with any other Joker. It does seem like it's heavily influenced by The Killing Joke comic flashbacks. At least tonally. So we probably will see an acid bath but minus The Batman.

Tim Burton really drew a lot of inspiration from the Bob kane era. Some shots are recreations from thcomic panels.
The movie's producer even stated in the behind the scenes on the home video releases that those were the comics that he handed to Burton for research. Plus TDKR and The Killing Joke.

From what I understand, Suicide Squad was a lot darker and had more of the Joker in it before the edits. Specifically, a scene where he beats Harley.

That wudda been dope. I liked Leto as the Joker, it's a shame that style probably won't be seen again for a while.

Suicide Squad ruined it.

But this the thing I like wit this film coming soon, and DC...the ability to produce all these different versions of one character.

Joker has so many different versions of him that shows very different sides, its hard to even compare. Which is why I can't compare Romero...Nicholason...Ledger...Leto versions.

Each of them is unique in it's own right

Last edited:
Last week.

What I appreciate about those movies is you clearly see the growth of Bruce/Batman. He's completely haunted and tormented by his trauma in Batman. It's what drives him. Even by Batman Returns you realize he's even more far gone to the point his dedication to his mission drove Vicki away. All he waits for and looks forward to is the damn signal.

Then he meets Catwoman. He sees himself reflecres in her. Someone dealing with duality and driven by vengeance. He also sees what he could've been in The Penguin had his parents abandoned him. It opens up his eyes. To the point he tries to save Selina but she don't wanna be saved.

In Dick Grayson he also sees another reflection of himself. This time he sees himself being able to save the lost soul. He even confronts his own demons in order to do so and finally accepts that Batman isn't a curse for him but a choice. By the end of it.

Which is why in the next movie he is quippy and leaving the cave with bat credit cards. He's no longer broody. He has overcome his demons and even built up a surrogate family/support system to fill the hole left by Jack Napier.

I don't think people credit those 4 movies enough in being consistent with how they dealt with Bruce's actual arc despite the shifts in tone and change in actors.

Cosign. Batman Returns is arguably my favorite Batman movie for so many reasons...

landscape-1480144752-bruce-wayne.gif

But this the thing I like wit this film coming soon, and DC...the ability to produce all these different versions of one character.

Joker has so many different versions of him that shows very different sides, its hard to even compare. Which is why I can't compare Romero...Nicholason...Ledger...Leto versions.

Each of them is unique in it's own right

There's so many different versions due to censorship and changing of the times. That's why each Joker represents a different depiction of the character.
Watch this video from around 4:15 onwards

I always felt that joker pushed Harley out the planem cuz he saw her flirting with deadshot on the rope....

That's joker.... He would totally go that far to save her.... INSTANTLY try to kill her..... Only to save her again...

Him trying to save her life was corny.... He should have been trying to kill her ....

And Harley needs her pet hyenas......

Harley's day out, was one of my favorite epidodes

Jack seemed like he was just playing himself high on cocaine

Some actors are just born for certain roles. Not only was he the one guy even Bob Kane wanted for the part since the 70s but he was a huge fan of the character going back to the 40s when he was a kid. That and he made like 60 million (in 80s money) off the role thanks to the backend deal. It was his destiny.

Some actors are just born for certain roles. Not only was he the one guy even Bob Kane wanted for the part since the 70s but he was a huge fan of the character going back to the 40s when he was a kid. That and he made like 60 million (in 80s money) off the role thanks to the backend deal. It was his destiny.
Actually closer to 100 Ms. He took less up front (6 mil instead of 10 mil) and took home a piece of the box office and merch deals all the way through Batman & Robin

Actually closer to 100 Ms. He took less up front (6 mil instead of 10 mil) and took home a piece of the box office and merch deals all the way through Batman & Robin

Basically said the same thing. That's called a backend deal lol

Im saying off that one movie alone (1989) he got 60 of that 100 or so but yeah he also caked off the sequels.

None of the directors ofor DC properties have ever been avid comicbook readers.

They grab a graphic novel and bastardize it.

Burton did it.
Snyder did it.
Schumacher did it.

Yall need to demand a Kevin Smith-Ben Affleck directed Batman movie.

Also, yall the same cats that bitcched about ledgers paint only for yall to later claim yall been ledger fans since he starred in the first knight.

None of the directors ofor DC properties have ever been avid comicbook readers.

They grab a graphic novel and bastardize it.

Burton did it.
Snyder did it.
Schumacher did it.

Yall need to demand a Kevin Smith-Ben Affleck directed Batman movie.

Also, yall the same cats that bitcched about ledgers paint only for yall to later claim yall been ledger fans since he starred in the first knight.

Crazy you say this cuz I seen this video the other day that said the same thing.

Back