Welcome To aBlackWeb

PLAYSTATION Final Fantasy VII Remake Thread

@Inori how long did it take you to complete this? I didn't wanna buy another game before Last Of Us but I need something to play

Last edited:
@Inori how long did it take you to compete this? I didn't wanna buy another game before Last Of Us but I need something to play

bout 40 hours or so on the first run through.

I played through a second time on Hard mode as well cuz you get to level up the characters more and you get some additional gear(skipped the cut scenes tho)

Hard mode was a bit more challenging and required some more strategy especially since you cant use items in or outside of battles. Plus there's some shit you only get access to after you've beat the game the first time so that ups the replay value for me

Final Fantasy 7 Remake Part 2 Has Entered Full Development

Final Fantasy 7 Remake Part 2 has entered full development, and game director Tetsuya Nomura wants to deliver the game "as soon as possible."

The news arrives thanks to a 15-page interview from an upcoming issue of Japanese games magazine Famitsu, details of which were posted to the Ryokutya blog and later translated by Twitter user Aitaikimochi.

According to the blog source, full development has started for the second part of Final Fantasy 7 Remake, following the first part's release in April of 2020.

Aitakimochi pulled another interesting quote from the same interview, which details Nomura's intentions for the second part's release. "We know that everyone wants the next installment quickly. We would also like to deliver it as soon as possible. Since we were also able to see the line of quality from the first installment, we hope to make the next installment even better in quality that can make for an even better experience," the quote reads. "We would to get it out as soon as possible, so please wait for it. I think we can clearly convey the direction when we officially announce the next installment."

Perhaps more interestingly, executive producer Yoshinori Kitase also explained that "The new story of Final Fantasy 7 has only just begun." That contrasts a little with Kitase's previous comments, when he said the original game's story wasn't being drastically changed.

Im irritated by the fact they're only starting now. But I guess the pandemic threw that off course.
I feel the same. I had initially expected for them to be working on these back to back, much like infinity war/end game.

On the positive side though, they took a step back and got feedback from fans, both good and bad.

I was a huge fan of the first installment and I liked it as is, but if they somehow manage to improve on something I already love I'm all for waiting a little longer to see what they come up with. Right after they escape from shinra tower is when the story REALLY gets good too, so I expect this to start with a bang.

It's just gonna be weird how they present it. As its gonna be a new game, are we gonna have access to most everything we had in the end of part 1? Summons and all that. Would just be weird if we have to start the game with just blizzard or fire and work our way up to blizzaga again lol.

On the bright side it shouldn't take as long for them to release the next one. They will probably building on the same system and won't have all the setbacks the first game had.

The attention to detail and story building is unreal

Having Cloud become apart of the slums everyday life was genius. Feels like a true prequel to advent children then the OG game while still maintaining all of the OG story

Battle is kinda weird. Why have blocks and dodges when then fail 90% of the time?

And I got way too much materia for the 3 or so slots I have available lol

Overall those, I'm happy with the game play. Doesnt seems like its gonna get past this the Midgar arc which sucks cause I thought it was gonna be the entire first disc but after seeing the high level to detail I'm sure this gonna take 6-7 parts to finish the story in its entirety

Looking forward to Cosmo Canyon, Mt Nibel, Ancient Temple, and Juno arcs the most

The lore and character building is next level tho

Everyone reacting exactly like you'd expect lol

The attention to detail and story building is unreal

Having Cloud become apart of the slums everyday life was genius. Feels like a true prequel to advent children then the OG game while still maintaining all of the OG story

Battle is kinda weird. Why have blocks and dodges when then fail 90% of the time?

And I got way too much materia for the 3 or so slots I have available lol

Overall those, I'm happy with the game play. Doesnt seems like its gonna get past this the Midgar arc which sucks cause I thought it was gonna be the entire first disc but after seeing the high level to detail I'm sure this gonna take 6-7 parts to finish the story in its entirety

Looking forward to Cosmo Canyon, Mt Nibel, Ancient Temple, and Juno arcs the most
I think they said it's going to be three parts.

I'll wait until all 3 are available, I don't wanna start and then wait years to finish it

I think they said it's going to be three parts.

I'll wait until all 3 are available, I don't wanna start and then wait years to finish it
They already developing part 2 and I should waited also.

Once this down I'm a walk thru the OG one if my nephew dont wanna play

this shit was so good especially the end. Spoilers ahead
That fight with Sepiroth with the music playing was seriously GOAT. Am I trippen or was that pretty similar to the fight at the end of advent children? Also that shit wouldn't be possible if they weren't willing to deviate from the original story. I am cautiously optimistic about this direction. Its possible they could really fuck it up in part 2 but the 1st part of this remake was for the most part phenomenal

this shit was so good especially the end. Spoilers ahead
That fight with Sepiroth with the music playing was seriously GOAT. Am I trippen or was that pretty similar to the fight at the end of advent children? Also that shit wouldn't be possible if they weren't willing to deviate from the original story. I am cautiously optimistic about this direction. Its possible they could really fuck it up in part 2 but the 1st part of this remake was for the most part phenomenal

What tripped me out was

the mini battle between Sephiroth and Cloud at the end. That nigga Cloud let loose and went Super Saiyan, and Sephiroth was like "lol nah." And disarmed him with ease. The look on Cloud's face was gold. He didn't try to go get the sword or anything. He was just like "well, alrighty then, I guess I'll listen to what you have to say."

Just did the first mako reactor, I gotta get used to switching characters back and forth

pro tip: if you want to successfully cast a spell, switch off that character immediately after you select it, because enemies will go after whichever character you are and if they hit you it will interrupt that spell, and you’ll lose the MP anyway.

Back