20200815_012138.jpg

2 HP Ups
2 MP Ups
First Strike
Healing
Revival
Time
Fire paired with Elemental

I don't really like the battle system in this, waiting to use magic and summons is wack

I said it before my only beef was the random summons. Seemed like no rhyme or reason on when they would show... just like FF15 but not as bad

I don't really like the battle system in this, waiting to use magic and summons is wack

What do you mean by waiting to use magic? I get summons, but you can use magic as soon as your ATB gauge is filled. If that's what you mean by waiting, then recognize that's no different than the original. The purpose of the system is to be a hybrid between that old ATB system and an action system.

Also, for summons, unless you just miss being able to nuke weak enemies, the wait isn't that big a deal. You really only need summons for the bosses, and you typically don't want to use them early in the fights. The wait actually works to your advantage.

just checked my last materia setup from when I finished the game on hard mode:

View attachment 338773

2 HP Ups
2 MP Ups
First Strike
Healing
Revival
Time
Fire paired with Elemental

I said it before my only beef was the random summons. Seemed like no rhyme or reason on when they would show... just like FF15 but not as bad
Hard edge dope but I been rocking the Twin Stinger joint

And Tiga hands down the most balanced character in the game

What do you mean by waiting to use magic? I get summons, but you can use magic as soon as your ATB gauge is filled. If that's what you mean by waiting, then recognize that's no different than the original. The purpose of the system is to be a hybrid between that old ATB system and an action system.

Also, for summons, unless you just miss being able to nuke weak enemies, the wait isn't that big a deal. You really only need summons for the bosses, and you typically don't want to use them early in the fights. The wait actually works to your advantage.
Nah, if you can swing a weapon you should be able to use magic but you can't.

Nah, if you can swing a weapon you should be able to use magic but you can't.

I understand what you're saying, but think of it like this. Your weapon attacks while you can't use magic aren't really meant to do much damage. They serve two purposes. They are filler, in other words, something you do while in the original game you would just be waiting for the bar to fill. Secondly, they actually build your bar in the new system. Your real damage or utility is actually done with your abilities and magic. If they allowed you to use magic without limitation as you're suggesting, they would have to lower its effectiveness to be at the same level as those basic hits that don't really do much. You don't really want that. Again, magic is pretty potent in this game. You can basically kill or incapacitate some relatively tough enemies if you land a spell on their weakness.

All that said, if you simply want to use magic more, just equip your character with things that boost your AP gain. If you really want to be able to spam magic, you can get pretty close to it with the right setup.

Lmao ppl really trying to go against the grain by not using magic? Its like playing GTA while obeying all the traffic laws...you could do it sure...but why though?

Lmao ppl really trying to go against the grain by not using magic? Its like playing GTA while obeying all the traffic laws...you could do it sure...but why though?
I'm not gonna call this a stupid analogy

I'll just say it's not well thought out....

So they doing the alternate universe thing with Zack being alive. With changes happening and now Biggs and Wedge surviving ( I think Wedge still alive).

Last edited:
So they doing the alternate universe thing with Zack being alive. With changes happening and now Biggs and Wedge surviving ( I thing Wedge still alive).

It remains to be seen where they are going with this though. I don't think Wedge survived though.

And yeah, L3NU said, you know what the Watchers are by the end of the game.

Last edited:
I cant watch the vids right now, but is the Yuffie DLC a PS5 Exclusive or will it be available on PS4 as well??

Back