Welcome To aBlackWeb

Faux News Draws Fire for Headline Referring to Duncan Hunter’s Dem Challenger as ‘Grandson of Terror

https://www.mediaite.com/online/fox...ters-dem-challenger-as-grandson-of-terrorist/

Fox News’ website has an article looking at Duncan Hunter‘s Democratic challenger Ammar Campa-Najjar that rather blatantly frames him as the grandson of a terrorist.

fox-news-1.jpg

The headline – leading FoxNews.com as of this writing – now says this:

fox-news-2.jpg

As the article itself notes, Campa-Najjar never met his grandfather Muhammad Yusuf al-Najjar because he was born many years after al-Najjar was killed.

Hunter, of course, has been in the news this week due to being indicted on alleged misuse of campaign funds.

Campa-Najjar had addressed the matter months ago, denouncing his grandfather’s horrific actions and saying, “For the sake of the victims, I hoped this tragedy wouldn’t be politicized. But if these old wounds must be re-opened, then I pray God gives purpose to their unspeakable pain. I pray that purpose is to see peace prioritized by my generation of Palestinians, Israelis, and the whole of humanity.”

He has also said, “I’m happy to take responsibility for my own choices and my own decisions. I think other men are responsible for their own crimes.”

After FoxNews.com posted its article today, many slammed the headline for this framing of Campa-Najjar’s candidacy

Back