Welcome To aBlackWeb

Faizon Love Says “F*** Judd Apatow” and Dave Chappelle

nah, it was hate...he wondering how Dave got the bag

and that he created by hollywood b/c all his early movies sucked. I beg to differ as he was more of a "random bar guy 1" kinda character in those films. I think Robin Hood Men in Tights was the actual first gig i remember Chappelle being in and even then, i didnt realize he was a comedian.

also, he said that he didnt see why chappelle left to africa and why people was all on his dick for turning down that kinda money from Comedy Central

He tried to simplify why Dave left to Africa. Faizon never got big enough to have to deal with the type of executive decisions Dave had to make or the money deals he made. This dude seems to be upset that Dave fell back then bounced back so strong. Dave built his brand back up after retiring in his prime. Honestly, he pulled a Jordan.
Faizon obviously did not take in the whole iceberg slim analogy in the bird revelation, which perfectly described why Dave left to africa

Niggas in here tryna act like they the black Professor X and got access to their own Cerebro knowing what ALL Black people fuck with when it comes to comedy. A whole generation of black people have Dave Chappelle as the GOAT, Chappelle's Show was a game changer.

Chappelle also put together one of the best concerts shown on film.
View attachment 27846
View attachment 27847
View attachment 27848
View attachment 27849
View attachment 27850

Erykah Badu. Mos Def. Common. The Roots. Jill Scott. Prime Kanye West.

And the muthafuckin Fugees!!

Dave Chappelle got the Fugees to reunite. That nigga the GOAT.

Oh and I forgot Talib Kweli too, if black people weren't fuckin with Dave how da hell did he manage to get all these conscious black artists all in one spot

Young dave wasn't making your typical "black comedian" comedy, which is what made him so big. However he always hit you w the socially conscious stuff, that let you know he knew what was up.

Faizon came off as a hater but I kind of got where he was coming from also.

I knew a lot of black people (myself included) who didn’t fuck with Dave like that until his show. The 2nd season in my opinion was the best season ( I liked the 1st season and Clayton Bixby is my all time favorite skit) and my favorite skits were the Charlie Murphy skits on that season.

The 1st season didn’t initially do well on the channel but blew up off of DVD sells which helped spring board the ratings for the 2nd season.

I was just talking to my sister about this again tonight.

Dave levels above then Niggaz... Always was...

Like I get it... Maybe some Niggaz wantwa checking for Dave, but Eddie Murphy was checking for Dave early....

Dave kill def jam just like every other black comedian.... He was the one who said he had to deliver pizzas with a gun.... Remember that joke? Yea that was Dave....

White people ain't put Dave on.... Eddie Murphy and Martin Laurence, and Ed griffen put Dave on when you really think about it.... Major black comedians who got a star role in major movies putting on young black comedians they knew for a fact had next....

Like I understand faizon plight...

Mad comedians came up in movies like Friday next Friday, and house party 3, soul plane.... Like I know.... Ghetto classics....

But ghetto classics ain't the only "black route"

Nutty professor and half baked is just as black as Friday and other movie that had mad black folk...

Dave just made the best of his opportunities.... Mingled with the right people... And was constantly funny....

White people ain't put Dave on, Co signs from top black comedians pur Dave on

I like Dave and I enjoyed 2 our of his last 3 standups. Dave was super funny in the Def Comedy Jam reunion show. Lmao. He was fucked up towards the end.

But I’m more of a Chris Rock guy myself. I wonder if Dave will respond to Faizon’s shade? I honestly hope he doesn’t negatively respond. I hope he reaches out to the guy

Chappelle's Show gave us the live performance of Food by Common and Kanye

Shit was so good they replaced the studio version with the live one

smh. Eh I checked his interview w the breakfast club...

he can gtfoh w that bs bout season 1 of Chappelle show not being funny. that's bullshit. maybe he wasn't feelin it as much as season 2. but season 1 was funny.

I can kinda see where he is coming from, when he says blk ppl weren't fuckin w dave b4 the Chappelle show. Maybe Dave didn't have that hug buzz among blk ppl. but I was fuckin w dave during half baked, Killin em soflty, his stand up on def jam, con air, blue streak and undercover brother (classic character btw). and couple other blk ppl I know irl heard of him too, tho they might not have been huge fans.

But Dave's stand ups. uh imo Killing em softly is dave's best work. hands down. Killing em sofly >>>>>>>> all his other stand ups. but that is only cuz the bar was set so high w Killing em softly.

yea dave did alotta pilots. alotta ppl in Hollywood did alotta pilots. how many random actors been on cancelled/failed tv shows. it happens all the time

he jus sounds bitter tho. that Dave pretty much does whatever he wants. and was able to leave for years, have almost zero mainstream buzz. then jus come back and jus be handed 20 mill from Netflix.

Yea this nigga can't even tell u which episodes were on which season to come up with a solid argument. I fuck with homie,but foh.

Back