Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY Facing a labor shortage, fast-food restaurants are increasingly turning to robots to man the fryer

When I was a kid, McDonalds never had less than 4-6 cashiers at all times.
I could go to the grocery store or Meijer and there were plenty of cashiers.
Nowadays long ass lines are the norm, even at Walmart and they have 20+ checkout lanes but only 4 cashiers working at any given moment but, "hey, the U-scan is available."

Can't ignore how self-service has kicked people out of jobs. Now the robotic fry cook is about to take those jobs as well.

PUNA.gif

Working at Taco Bell...the most unpopular task was cleaning those damn bathrooms.

These corporations been working on robots replacing people for years. That shit has nothing to do with a labor shortage or the raising of minimum wage. It was always about corporations finding ways to increase profits. Free labor has always been the best way to do that. With robots they now have a free labor force that won't rebel, they don't have pay for health insurance and probably have to follow less OSHA guidelines.

Elaborate

People want and are willing to work. Right now there is a power struggle going on between employees and employers. Employees are no longer willing to put with employers shit as much as they used to so they are walking off jobs. Employers because how things used be don't want to or really know how to face the new reality of having to respect their employees and some of their wishes.

Did you not see that email letter from some executives at Bank of America. It basically said that employees have too much power right now and they have to figure out how to change that because they don't like. Not because it's actually hurting business just cause they don't like it because they don't have as much control over masses of people like they used to.

There is not a labor shortage. The labor force just ain't going for anything anymore and the wealthy don't like it. That is all this shit is.

Labor shortages don't exist, it's called the rent is too high and the pay is too fucking low. If I was a young person today, I wouldn't even get out of bed for anything less than 70K. Wages in America are divorced from productivity and cost of living. These businesses are paying poverty wages. $15 hours ain't shit.

The Obama White House already predicted that 47 percent of jobs that were offering 15 to 20 an hour will be replaced by robots.

America is becoming Brazil...since Brazil is probably the most futuristic country in the world.

And I'm not talking about flying cars and super cool technology...

I'm talking about a country that doesn't manufacturer shit, that is ruled by a tiny elite, large outrageous wealth disparity, racially diverse, and have a service dominated economy.

America is trending that way. A bunch of racially diverse poor motherfuckers that don't make shit. 80 percent of the jobs are just providing services.

Capitalism intentionally creates poor people. The whole game is to pay people as low as possible by any means necessary. Investing in technology is the number 1 way to do. Lol like people complaining about the min wage going up causing job loss don't understand that businesses would enslave you and make you work 16 hour hour days if they could.

There's nothing the working class and the poor can do about it besides revolt and create a new society.

Until then, enjoy the decline of human civilization brought to you by your robot enhanced capitalist overlords.

Motherfuckers better go to college for STEM and learn how to program or engineer some shit because they ain't no good paying jobs for the non technically inclined out here.

Last edited:
Years back I remember reading that China plans to replace over 60% of it's workforce with similar automation.

I can't imagine that many people accepting it and just sitting around hungry and poor.

People want and are willing to work. Right now there is a power struggle going on between employees and employers. Employees are no longer willing to put with employers shit as much as they used to so they are walking off jobs. Employers because how things used be don't want to or really know how to face the new reality of having to respect their employees and some of their wishes.

Did you not see that email letter from some executives at Bank of America. It basically said that employees have too much power right now and they have to figure out how to change that because they don't like. Not because it's actually hurting business just cause they don't like it because they don't have as much control over masses of people like they used to.

There is not a labor shortage. The labor force just ain't going for anything anymore and the wealthy don't like it. That is all this shit is.
I've heard different takes on this...I was just curious on that poster's thoughts. Thanks for the input though. There's not a 'shortage' per se for these huge corporations....but there's definitely hiring challenges right now if you work in hr or management. People have a lot of options and are exploring them as it should be.

It's kinda weird. After the pandemic, a lot of people decided they didn't want to work shit jobs for shit wages, and never went back. A lot of companies like the Fast Food restaurants whined about how difficult it was for them to find workers, but most of them didn't really address the issue (i.e., low wages). Now most of them are turning to means of cutting the workers out of the picture. I think this is really what those companies wanted all along.

Thought that was a person hanging upside down

As stated....better not be no fucked fries from here on out.

Are they bagging up also?

I've heard different takes on this...I was just curious on that poster's thoughts. Thanks for the input though. There's not a 'shortage' per se for these huge corporations....but there's definitely hiring challenges right now if you work in hr or management. People have a lot of options and are exploring them as it should be.

There is only really a challenge if the folks doing the hiring ain't trying to play fair. The bold underlined was also part of letter from the Bank of America execs that they want to take away from people.

When things got shut down and people had to do 100% telework. Majority of businesses and the gov't found out people were actually more productive than when they were in the office. With that information there is absolutely no reason for places to try and force people to come back into the office full-time. Yet that is exactly what some have done and other are trying to do. What other reason would they have to do that other than a making a power play against the employees.

These corporations been working on robots replacing people for years. That shit has nothing to do with a labor shortage or the raising of minimum wage. It was always about corporations finding ways to increase profits. Free labor has always been the best way to do that. With robots they now have a free labor force that won't rebel, they don't have pay for health insurance and probably have to follow less OSHA guidelines.

Yung I swear since I was a teenager these stories have been coming out about replacing workers. Between that and these bullshit propaganda stories about how nobody wants to work, which the media has literally been pushing in newspapers for over 100 years, it's been a long slow ride to brainwashing people into thinking that shit is true and automated everything is the way to go

Back