Welcome To aBlackWeb

Just saw the trailer and was gonna look to see if there was a thread

Seems like it's got a nice mix of humor in it too

Mind Numbing

PRAISE : This movie about Two inmates forming a connection while grappling with their pasts in a state-of-the-art penitentiary run by a brilliant visionary who experiments on his subjects with mind-altering drugs immediately made me think about those old clinical trial ads I used to see in the back of magazines and newspapers. Oh for 600 bucks you just have to try this new drug for a week.
The first half of the movie pulled me in as subjects in an open air prison are tested with mood drugs that alter perception, sexual promiscuity and anger.
It definitely had its fun moments that's helped along by a good cast including:Chris Hemsworth · Miles Teller · Jurnee Smollett-Bell · Mark Paguio · Tess Haubrich and Joseph Kosinski .
Teller and Bell have good chemistry that really worked in key scenes. The movie excelled at the exploration of the main characters.There are some pretty good harrowing scenes. The movie is beautifully shot with great cinema photography.

PROBLEMS: The second half is boring and one note. Several things go unexplained. It felt like I was starting to watch another version of The Island of Dr Moreau. If they had only maintained the nightmarish thread of the story and the pushing it to the limit of the trial subjects this could have been a far better movie.

Scale of 1 to 10 a 5

Back