Welcome To aBlackWeb

Eric B Is President (Original 12" Version) - Eric B feat Rakim (1986)

The year I was born. Something must've been in the air around that time, so much legendary shit came from that era.

Sidebar: Eric B is a bird. He got production credit for bringing records to Marley Marl's crib and suggesting the sample of a bassline, but Marley gets NONE? There's shit in that record you could only get from Marley that took it further than it would've went in anyone else's hands. Eric said he didn't know how to work the equipment so he paid Marley to do it... that's why his scratches were always offbeat as fuck.

The year I was born. Something must've been in the air around that time, so much legendary shit came from that era.

Sidebar: Eric B is a bird. He got production credit for bringing records to Marley Marl's crib and suggesting the sample of a bassline, but Marley gets NONE? There's shit in that record you could only get from Marley that took it further than it would've went in anyone else's hands. Eric said he didn't know how to work the equipment so he paid Marley to do it... that's why his scratches were always offbeat as fuck.

Yeah I always thought Eric B was the weak link, but when they broke up Rakim couldn't get it together.

Back