Welcome To aBlackWeb

French Actor Juicy Smolièr Found Guilty of Staging Hate Crime

I know a lot of people don't like double standard between white people who get off that shouldn't etc but I wanted him to get charged for something I don't like being used and he twisted his supports perceptions to get a lil more bread amongst what ever other secret motives he had

I know a lot of people don't like double standard between white people who get off that shouldn't etc but I wanted him to get charged for something I don't like being used and he twisted his supports perceptions to get a lil more bread amongst what ever other secret motives he had

...like white folks.

Between the mayor talking about “white washing” and his attorney saying they may have had on whiteface I am so done lmao

Something is not adding up here...

This isn't really about him.

I think he's the benefit from some behind-the-scenes beef between Kim Foxx, Rahm Emanuel, and Eddie Johnson.

Basically, knowing how dirty the police department is, she got tired of seeing Rahm and Eddie on tv everywhere amped up about going after Jussie.

They probably already had problems with Foxx since she's been trying to clean up the department and already helped get 15 people released who were wrongfully convicted due to police corruption.

So, there's no love loss there to begin with.

Her dropping all the charges against Jussie was simply her way of telling Rahm and Eddie to go fuck themselves.

Last edited:
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/jussie...-chicago-investigation-bill-today-2019-04-04/

Jussie Smollett to face civil lawsuit over alleged hoax that cost Chicago more than $130,000

Jussie Smollett will soon be facing a civil lawsuit from the City of Chicago, which is demanding the actor pay for the cost of investigating his allegedly made-up story about a racist attack, CBS Chicago reports.

The lawsuit is being drafted by the city's Law Department and will be filed in the Circuit Court of Cook County, spokesman Bill McCaffrey said.

Thursday was the city's deadline day for the "Empire" actor to reimburse the city more than $130,000 for the cost of the investigation into the alleged racist and homophobic attack that police determined was a hoax.

Last week, Cook County prosecutors dropped 16 counts of disorderly conduct against Smollett, after he agreed to forfeit his $10,000 bail, and performed 16 hours of community service.

Smollett has maintained his innocence, and said he was "truthful and consistent" from the start, but prosecutors have said they do not believe he is innocent, and Mayor Rahm Emanuel has said the actor owes Chicago an apology.

Last Thursday, the mayor had the city's Law Department send Smollett a letter titled "Re: Repayment of Investigation Costs for False Police Report," requiring "immediate payment of the $130,106.15 expended on overtime hours in the investigation of this matter."

The March 28 letter said, if Smollett does not pay within seven days, the city could prosecute him for making a false statement and take him to civil court to seek up to three times that amount as damages, plus court costs and attorney's fees.

With a civil case, the standards for proving he staged the January attack would be lower than in criminal court. While a criminal trial requires proof beyond a reasonable doubt for a conviction, a civil trial would require the city to prove only that a "preponderance of evidence" — meaning it's more likely true than not — that the incident was a hoax orchestrated by Smollett.

Smollett said he was attacked by two men, who doused him with a chemical and put a noose around his neck in January.

The case added pressure on beleaguered State's Attorney Kim Foxx as Chicago's police union and a host of suburban police chiefs have been calling on her to resign, CBS Chicago adds.

The Chicago Fraternal Order of Police (FOP) said it's not just Foxx dropping the charges against Jussie Smollett that's behind their call for resignation. Their disaffection began with lack of charges in attacks on police officers.

"We see people with a dislocated knee. We see people who have been bitten, almost had fingers bitten off. And we can't get felony charges on that. That's a problem," said FOP president Kevin Graham.

The overall feeling among these cops: Foxx is going light on charges.

"We want to see criminals prosecuted and we want to see people convicted," Graham said.

Particularly, the police cite three Foxx policies: Not prosecuting theft felonies under $1,000 in value, or most drivers with invalid licenses or most small marijuana cases.

"What she's doing is enabling the offenders," said Steven Stelter of the West Suburban Chiefs Association. "The bad guys are not being held accountable."

But Foxx defenders, like attorney Brendan Shiller allege her attackers are motivated primarily by race.

"She, for the first time in the history of this county, has exercised prosecutorial discretion in away that does not put black and brown men in prison every single day, and that's something the FOPs can't stand," said attorney Brendan Shiller.

And notably, not a single African American police chief stood among the many from suburban towns urging Foxx to go.

"I don't know why other chiefs aren't here. I can't answer that," Graham said.

Harvey Police Chief Gregory Thomas who is African American and was not at the news conference, said it was premature to ask Foxx to resign. She said she welcomes a federal review of the Smollett case.

It's something the FOP is also demanding. Foxx indicated she has no intention of stepping down.

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/chicago-sues-smollett-police-overtime-costs

Rahm Isn’t Done Yet: Chicago Sues Smollett For Police Overtime Costs

The administration of outgoing Chicago mayor Rahm Emanuel is suing actor Jussie Smollett for the costs associated with police officers’ overtime work to investigate his alleged attack, despite the fact that prosecutors abruptly dropped all charges against Smollett last month.

According to the Chicago Tribune, the lawsuit is holding Smollett accountable for $130,106 covering 1,836 hours of overtime work that he did not reimburse by the city’s deadline. It does not specify the exact figure of the damages the city is seeking.

Smollett’s lawyer sent a letter last week warning the city that Smollett “will not be intimidated” into paying the money.

The new lawsuit will likely provide a forum for both sides to relitigate the case in the court of public opinion, as Emanuel in particular was visibly outraged after Cook County State’s Attorney Kim Foxx dropped all the charges against Smollett, calling the move a “whitewash of justice.”

In response, Smollett lawyer Mark Geragos said that the Chicago mayor was “acting literally unhinged.”

The controversy centers on an alleged hate-based attack Smollett suffered last month, which police came to believe was staged. Smollett maintains that he was the victim of a brutal assault by two men motivated by racism and homophobia.

Back