Welcome To aBlackWeb

Emmanuel Acho receives criticism for his take on not being a black American

One thing most Nigerians (or any immigrant) rely on is the ignorance of Americans regardless of race.

Nigeria is a product of colonialism. They may not have been slaves but they were stripped of their religion and were conquered by the British empire.

If Nigeria was so great, his family would have never left.

and I've been in the room when they've made Nigerian email scam jokes too. The knife cuts both ways.
That's what made me side eye him talking bout I don't have that trauma. Why tf are you in America then.

It kills me how you can have ppl like Tobe Nwigwe (or however you spell his name), a Nigerian immigrant who lived here all his life and, to my knowledge, has never said anything slick about what Black Americans go through in this country and calls out the system all the time....and then you have this clown who making a career off downplaying our experience to placate ignorant cacs. Like you have an example of how you can be effective but you choosing this goofy shit.

That's what made me side eye him talking bout I don't have that trauma. Why tf are you in America then.

It kills me how you can have ppl like Tobe Nwigwe (or however you spell his name), a Nigerian immigrant who lived here all his life and, to my knowledge, has never said anything slick about what Black Americans go through in this country and calls out the system all the time....and then you have this clown who making a career off downplaying our experience to placate ignorant cacs. Like you have an example of how you can be effective but you choosing this goofy shit.

I actually don't think there is a problem with him saying that he doesn't have our trauma. Generational trauma is a real thing. We're affected by that in a way that immigrants aren't. The problem with this dude is him using that as a reason to soft shoe. He doesn't have to have our trauma to recognize the problems in America and take a strong stance against them.

I actually don't think there is a problem with him saying that he doesn't have our trauma. Generational trauma is a real thing. We're affected by that in a way that immigrants aren't. The problem with this dude is him using that as a reason to soft shoe. He doesn't have to have our trauma to recognize the problems in America and take a strong stance against them.
I do. Cuz there is trauma there. His family wouldn't be in America if his home country was fine. That's my point. Dont come here acting like you know something we don't. Black American lineage ain't clean and bloodless and neither is his.

I do. Cuz there is trauma there. His family wouldn't be in America if his home country was fine. That's my point. Dont come here acting like you know something we don't. Black American lineage ain't clean and bloodless and neither is his.

I agree with you. He's a clown. I just believe he opened a door that could have led to a real meaningful conversation, and he instead chose to sambo shuffle through it.

Lol on Van and Rachel's pod, he complained that he was wasting his time cause he wasn't getting softball questions and he felt like Van was going after him
Yea I went and watched the ep after being in this thread and he was visibly salty when Van challenged him

Lol on Van and Rachel's pod, he complained that he was wasting his time cause he wasn't getting softball questions and he felt like Van was going after him
I legit busted out laughing when he said "what's the goal here" lol

Then talking about how he felt ambushed LMAO

Van told him, I'm keeping the same energy with you in person that I give you on Twitter

He was stuck lol

Well I wish him and other immigrants like him wouldn't expose racism and use the term xenophobic or prejudice since theyre seen for their ethnicity before their race

Think the difference between Acho and Tobe. Is you can tell Tobe has been outside and experienced shit. Acho from way acts even talks looks like he was inside most of his life. He didn't experience shit.

I never liked this guy especially his wack ass Lamar takes but its all becomming clear now. Wiley recently exposed him about things he did behind the scenes.

Back