Welcome To aBlackWeb

Educate me on Jay Z

ImaInfluenza

Bounce like my checks did, back in da day
Alot of yall love JayZ and I'm not here to dispute your love.

From Jay's music and interviews I've seen. Jay used to sell crack, shot his brother, his mom is a lesbian, he once lost 99 bricks, he felt a way about not having his father, hes had to leave friends behind, he cheated on his wife..all from his own mouth.

When I or any one else criticize Jay, we get from fans that hes dont all these fantastic postive things outside of music. We ask, what has he done and most of his fans say..google it, or he doesnt like to talk about it.

So he likes to talk about all that other stuff that I know about Jayz from Jayz, but he doesnt speak at all about anything positive that hes done.

So I would like to have my viewpoint on Jay changed..

What institutions is he behind, what charitable things does he do, what movements has he spearheaded, what people has he been behind that have made a difference?

Educate me on Jayz

Shawn use to be in the kitchen
Beating on the table and rapping
And um, until the wee hours of the morning
And then they bought him a boom box
And his sisters and brothers said he would drive them nuts
But that was his mother way to keep him close to her and out of trouble

It was 92....and he went hand to hand days without sleeping only eating cookies until he paid that back

Just like tommy ghost n nem sold $2 million worth of drugs hitting those corners hard in 1 day.

Dre even stabbed a nigga for his corner then ran that same corner for the rest of the day.

Legendary.

Shawn was a very shy child growing up. He was into sports, and a funny story is at 4 he taught himself how to ride a bike. A two-wheeler at that, isn't that special? But I noticed a change in him when his mother and father broke up
source (3).gif

First thing that comes to my mind when you say "Jay-Z" is poetry. I mean, his whole—it's his attitude, aside from his words. What's heartfelt about him is, like—it's—you know, it's like—moving words, you know? It's really—it's—it's not just like when you think of rappers, and you think of—you know, um, those are poets. But his—his main... The good thing about Jay is that his integrity is what sells. What crosses over is his honesty. So he's never been untrue to himself—his self, and, uh... I think, see—as much as he seems to be a mainstream artist and has sold mainstream numbers, he's always spoken to the heart of his—his, uh—his environment. Other words: as he's traveled, he's seen new things, but through the eyes of someone who—who, um—obviously didn't have all the access. You know, he came from a place of struggle. And he sees the world as a person who's come from struggle. And so that honesty and that integrity that's always inherent in his music is what gives him his range. People buy him from places... People who are from places that are far removed from where, uh, Jay-Z came from, and the worlds that he's described, and even the kind of viewpoint that he has as a result of his history. Those people love him for his integrity and his honesty. Jay-Z reminds us that the truth sells. Uh, a lot of rappers—uh, uh—become more commercial. I mean, as the world—you know—more commercial aspirations for record companies that really, you know, pushed—put pressure on artists, kind of giving them these—these guidelines, and uh—these high numbers that have to sell to kind of live in this rap world. They kinda—some are inspired by that, and some write songs that sound like they're compromised by that. Jay-Z has contributed, um, uh, another honest blow to the integrity of hip-hop

First thing that comes to my mind when you say "Jay-Z" is poetry. I mean, his whole—it's his attitude, aside from his words. What's heartfelt about him is, like—it's—you know, it's like—moving words, you know? It's really—it's—it's not just like when you think of rappers, and you think of—you know, um, those are poets. But his—his main... The good thing about Jay is that his integrity is what sells. What crosses over is his honesty. So he's never been untrue to himself—his self, and, uh... I think, see—as much as he seems to be a mainstream artist and has sold mainstream numbers, he's always spoken to the heart of his—his, uh—his environment. Other words: as he's traveled, he's seen new things, but through the eyes of someone who—who, um—obviously didn't have all the access. You know, he came from a place of struggle. And he sees the world as a person who's come from struggle. And so that honesty and that integrity that's always inherent in his music is what gives him his range. People buy him from places... People who are from places that are far removed from where, uh, Jay-Z came from, and the worlds that he's described, and even the kind of viewpoint that he has as a result of his history. Those people love him for his integrity and his honesty.

ezgif.com-video-to-gif.gif
Jay-Z reminds us that the truth sells. Uh, a lot of rappers—uh, uh—become more commercial. I mean, as the world—you know—more commercial aspirations for record companies that really, you know, pushed—put pressure on artists, kind of giving them these—these guidelines, and uh—these high numbers that have to sell to kind of live in this rap world. They kinda—some are inspired by that, and some write songs that sound like they're compromised by that. Jay-Z has contributed, um, uh, another honest blow to the integrity of hip-hop
Have a seat du

Back in 1998 I went to a video shoot for a song called Love For Free by Rell featuring Jay Z. The song was on The Streets Is Watching Soundtrack. A girl in my building got invited so I went with her. We were living in Manhattan at the time. Jay's people (the Rocafella staff) picked us up in Manhattan and drove us to a bar/club in New Jersey. It was a Sunday.

They rented out the bar/club/restaraunt and it was fully catered. The food wasn't cheap fast food, it was professional cuisine. As I looked around the room there were very few White people, if any. My point is that from the driver that picked us up, to the catering service, to the video director, to the security were all Black. The artists were Black.

People say that Jay raps about selling drugs and being mysogonistic, but from my perspective, he was providing jobs for Black people. There must have been around 50-75 people at that video shoot and they were all networking with each other. Jay Z supports Black business. That's a fact.

I wonder whatever happened to Rell?

Shawn Carter was born December 4th, weighing in at 10 pounds, 8 ounces. He was the last of her four children. The only one who didn't give her any pain when she gave birth to him. And that's how I knew that he was a special child......
Shawn was a very shy child growing up. He was into sports, and a funny story is at 4 he taught himself how to ride a bike. A two-wheeler at that, isn't that special? But I noticed a change in him when his mother and father broke up

giphy-1 (4).gif

Aye Chi an azzzhole for this...LMAO!!

Lol at losing 99 bricks and still being alive.

Not unless those brick were fucking concrete.

y’all watch too much tv. A brick is anything. In this case 92 bricks of dope. Roughly 30-40 grand during that time. He paid for it. He had no clientele though cause as he says he sold crack. It knocked him off his feet. Someone fronted him yay to get back on. He never said how much. It could have been a few ounces and he paid that back.

shouldn’t have to explain that to all y’all street niggas. It’s very simple if u know the game

Back