Welcome To aBlackWeb

I'm impressed they managed to cover as much as they did in one movie. Even if it meant most characters had a few scenes. I will say tho, I need to see the hbomax version cause the music can drown out the voices and my torrent didn't come with subs so I missed some dialogue.

After the re-watch I like it better

Them walking like normal at the end still bothers me though. They made a big deal about it throughout the movie

I didn't get a "teenager trips balls in the desert" vibe though

After the re-watch I like it better

Them walking like normal at the end still bothers me though. They made a big deal about it throughout the movie

I didn't get a "teenager trips balls in the desert" vibe though

Ima watch the 4k one this weekend

Anyone read the books and watched it? Curious about your thoughts. Just spoke with someone who read the books and was nitpicking the hell outta this lol

Ehhh, not quite what I was hoping for. Beautifully shot. Interesting that all the Harkonnen’s had alopecia lol.

If you read the book it’s best you watch this with the proper expectations going in or you’re going to be letdown.

Just watched it. I liked it considering I've never watched the og version.

Shyt was intriguing af.

All signs are pointing to simultaneous digital and theater releases not effecting sales that much... the industry may as well just have same day releases across the board

Small detail but my favorite scene after a couple rewatches has to be when they are rescuing the mining crew and Paul says "I recognize your footsteps old man" when he's high off the spice and both the worm and his arms teacher are approaching. Obviously, it's a callback to their first scene together training but it also references the worms who are supposed to be super old and the term Liet calls them "Shai Hulud" which means something like grandfather of the desert. Something I wouldn't have caught without sub titles.

Loved it. Think everyone killed their roles including Jason Mamoa. Think they did a great job explaining the layout of the characters, the Houses. Maybe a little more info on the Bene Gesserit. I went into this with no knowledge of the Dune universe. Cinematography, score on point. I watched it in the theaters to do my part in getting a sequel

Do they go into more detail about the spice later on? I get the general idea of it based on what they said briefly about it in this movie... but I feel like something was left out

Do they go into more detail about the spice later on? I get the general idea of it based on what they said briefly about it in this movie... but I feel like something was left out
It should open up more if part 2 gets made, this movie was heavy on the atreides, fremen and harkonnens, so they tell you enough that you know it's important but not completely why.

Back