Welcome To aBlackWeb

I've been watching that IMAX trailer all summer long. Saw it again before James Bond IMAX. I'm beyond ready for this shit lol

Never saw Dune. Hasn't there been at least like 3 remakes(Movies, TV shows etc)?

Which one is the best?

Man, the book is the best. That's the best fiction book I've ever read, straight up. its incredible. Too long for one movie.

Can I watch this not knowing anything about dune?

the beauty of the book is its worldbuilding is crazy but its actual plot is a pretty simple revenge story. there's a couple of technologies that they have to explain (spice, shields) but other than that it should be off to the races

I dnt know anything about Dune but im watchin

Reminds me of star wars more than anything

The Baron look like Marlon Brando in Apocalypse Now

Zendaya is basically not in the movie at all. I thought she was a main character.

I dozed off a couple times around the 2hr mark lol

I thought it was good. Wasn't has good as I hoped but I watched it twice so that has to count for something.

I'm annoyed they still haven't even greenlit part 2 and this could be a big waste of time. We really about to be waiting a yr and half to two years for the next one IF it happens. These type of releases should be a yr apart max.

I've been watching that IMAX trailer all summer long. Saw it again before James Bond IMAX. I'm beyond ready for this shit lol

Man, the book is the best. That's the best fiction book I've ever read, straight up. its incredible. Too long for one movie.

the beauty of the book is its worldbuilding is crazy but its actual plot is a pretty simple revenge story. there's a couple of technologies that they have to explain (spice, shields) but other than that it should be off to the races

I had the first book too I think I might order it tho it was in bad shape.

This movie makes the other one feel rushed lol

I really liked it
The box he puts his hand in for the pain was similar to the first movie but I think there was other people in the room. They explained in this movie how the baron looks the way he did in the first movie. I'm curious(also grossed out) how they'll have him looking in the next movie

Only thing that bothered me was at the end when everyone is walking. They weren't doing that specific walk so wouldn't the worms come for them?

The CGI on the shield looked better than the 80s movie lol

I really liked it
The box he puts his hand in for the pain was similar to the first movie but I think there was other people in the room. They explained in this movie how the baron looks the way he did in the first movie. I'm curious(also grossed out) how they'll have him looking in the next movie

Only thing that bothered me was at the end when everyone is walking. They weren't doing that specific walk so wouldn't the worms come for them?

Which other one? Werent there a couple remakes?

I really liked it

Yeah I caught that shit with the walking too. That was some pretty lazy directing considering this shit got pushed back a year.

Im not familiar with the source material other than catching snippets of the one with Sting in it, but my expectations are automatically lower knowing Denis Villeneuve directed this. Sicario was shit, Arrival was boring and Bladerunner 2049 was mostly only good because of the visuals and cinematography.

Sicario was dope af but didn't need a sequel at all.

It felt too cold and procedural to me. Kinda like how you'd expect a calculated fed operation to go, just in movie form. Maybe that's what the movie was going for. basically, the overriding sense I got was that it's dreary asf (unsurprising given the subject matter) and that dreariness came at the expense of any proper excitement. Like I get it, cartels are brutal, feds are shady and some well meaning ppl are unfortunate enough to get themselves caught in the crossfire, but it's hard to find any real intriguing purpose in any of those themes when the plot and characterization are weak. Del Toro was bad ass though.

Last edited:
I remember the series but they claiming this movie is the next SW and LOTR makes feel its just hype. Will watch in the future maybe

I loved it. I wish I saw it in theaters, I still might. I hope this movie is able to recoup and more, because I need to see the rest. I really wish we were able to see a guild navigator in action, though. That was one of the scenes I was looking forward to the most. Also, I see how they were able to manage such a all star cast, the majority of them only were in like 4 or 5 scenes, lol.

Back