Welcome To aBlackWeb

Netflix Dracula

Inori

NAWF
From the creators of Sherlock

eh.. i'll need to see a full trailer before I decide if this has my interest

i personally hate that dracula gets so many reincarnations...with really one classic book as source material

yet the Vampire Lestat, who book series is still going today and started in the 70's only got two movies....

The vampire Lestat as he is in the books now is much more powerful than Dracula, and has had much more interesting adventures.....

I really wish they did a Vampire Chronicles netflix series or something ....

stay faithful to like the first 3 or 4 books to properly cover the akasha story....., then go in their own direction....

i mean this new dracula may be good, but i feel like that energy placed into Lestat would have been much better.....and more refreshing since Dracula has been done to death

i personally hate that dracula gets so many reincarnations...with really one classic book as source material

yet the Vampire Lestat, who book series is still going today and started in the 70's only got two movies....

The vampire Lestat as he is in the books now is much more powerful than Dracula, and has had much more interesting adventures.....

stay faithful to like the first 3 or 4 books to properly cover the akasha story....., then go in their own direction....

i mean this new dracula may be good, but i feel like that energy placed into Lestat would have been much better.....and more refreshing since Dracula has been done to death

lol I thought you mighta been hype for this. Are them Lestat joints really that good? I've seen you mention it a few times in passing. Seems pretty interesting.

I think Hulu is actually doing a tv series on it soon though. The might already have started filming

haven't seen any other news about it though

Are them Lestat joints really that good?
@Inori
i broke down each book here, no major spoilers....except kinda towards the end..... but you get the jest reading

first book is interview with a vampire, essentially the movie just more detailed

second and third books were squeezed into the Queen of the damned movie....which has actually grown on me.....they butchered the story, but the visuals were amazing......especially with the music....

but the story is mostly the same, only the vampire lestat mainly deals with everything that happened leading up to him becoming a vampire....also setting the prequel for interview, and the back story about how he found about about akasha

third book is mostly about akasha being free, and reshaping the world in her image.......the movie down played it....this chick was on thanos level the way she was shaking up the world.....like the way it was written....she was really about to kill all the men on the planet, and only leave enough alive t breed with....create a amazon world where she ruled

4th book...after all the akasha shit calmed down, asshole lestat lets a dude who can astral project trade bodies with him, so lestat could be human again for a week. but the dude took off with the body....literally one of the strongest vampire bodies on the planet...and as a result the entire vampire community was alarmed as fuck. the ancients said they were going to destroy his body if it comes near them...and that began the question of if lestat could even be destroyed. he thought no. a bunch of other vampires thought no... but it was about to be tested

5th book. best book in the series. one of the best books ever written. will absolutely fuck your head up. lestat was being stalked by the devil, who tried to recruit lestat to rule his army. lestat meets the devil. meets god, meets christ..saw both heaven and hell, and watched christ crucifixion.....and for good measure bit and drank Christs blood....like forreal Christ. and saw into his soul when he did it.....vampires can see into you when they drink, and that shit was crazyyyyyy....after that more questions aroused as if to he could be killed, and no one till this day knows what he saw when he drank from christ, but when he got back, he just laid down in the middle of a church, and dind't move for months.....

6thbook, while this nigga was just laying down, mad powerful vampires started showing up to stand guard.....this was around the time where they all started considering this nigga royalty. he had more stories than the ancients did....but other vampires wanted to tell their stories too...this one was about armand...prolly the most gay friendly character and book in the series.. lotta disturbing shit.....only book in the series i only read once. i always skip it....jsut too gay, sorry

7th book. felt like a filler story, cuz it was a throw back to louis from interview.... but it was a great story about a black witch who got into a big beef with the vampires and fell inlove with louis. tragic story....

8thbook. the story of marius. one of the more popular and powerful ancients.....also kinda gay, but not as bad as armand......even though armand spent a lot of time with marius. but marius story was immaculate, it goes all the way back to roman times......amazing journey. very tragic. dude lost so many people....and you really get a feel for how long immortality is....

9th book. another side story that mixes the mayfair withces officially with the vampires, lestat comes back and it gets kinda silly

10th book got really silly......Lestat's powers were just ridiculous in this book....like it was comic book level ...nigga wsa blowing up helicopters n shit with his mind.....shit was crazy more witches and vampires, and lestat on his best bullshit. she took a break after this. many people thught she killed the series. real talk the 9th and 10th book can be forgotten

anne rice took a break for a while.....mixing the mayfair witches with the vampires was a bad idea. merrick was great, but the last two books were kinda wack. and she had to respectfuly put all those characters to rest

11thbook.....Prince Lestat comes back to finally take over the vampire wold as the universal leader...and leanrs some interesting things about the origins of all vampires.

12th book...shit gets sci-fi and introduces extraterrestrial beings to the mix. the vampires want to go to war with them, but lestat is like chill, i wanna know their story

13th book...an ancient vampire from the original flock goes on a rampage. due to his age, he's stronger than most the characters combined...as he routinely attacked the court and was wreaking havok. dude wanted revenge on lestat for chopping his arm off in the 11th book when he took over the vampire world and built his court....in the end Lestat kills him and saves Marius who everyone assumed was killed by the ancient. At that point it was pretty much clear that Lestat was easily the strongest vamipire in the world. and while he didn't need the court, the court needed him. they wanted someone to rule over them, and he was the obvious choice

like at this point int he novels....this nigga is literally the King of all vampires , but they still call him the prince....

and his road to the top was full of adventure, and bodies being dropped....

like Dracula is cool, but he's always presented as something that was always at the top.

Lestat had to fight to the top...and i just feel like his story is better

They overdid the vampire shit last decade with wack shit and this doesn't seem to be trying to make it right either

@Inori
i broke down each book here, no major spoilers....except kinda towards the end..... but you get the jest reading

first book is interview with a vampire, essentially the movie just more detailed

second and third books were squeezed into the Queen of the damned movie....which has actually grown on me.....they butchered the story, but the visuals were amazing......especially with the music....

but the story is mostly the same, only the vampire lestat mainly deals with everything that happened leading up to him becoming a vampire....also setting the prequel for interview, and the back story about how he found about about akasha

third book is mostly about akasha being free, and reshaping the world in her image.......the movie down played it....this chick was on thanos level the way she was shaking up the world.....like the way it was written....she was really about to kill all the men on the planet, and only leave enough alive t breed with....create a amazon world where she ruled

4th book...after all the akasha shit calmed down, asshole lestat lets a dude who can astral project trade bodies with him, so lestat could be human again for a week. but the dude took off with the body....literally one of the strongest vampire bodies on the planet...and as a result the entire vampire community was alarmed as fuck. the ancients said they were going to destroy his body if it comes near them...and that began the question of if lestat could even be destroyed. he thought no. a bunch of other vampires thought no... but it was about to be tested

5th book. best book in the series. one of the best books ever written. will absolutely fuck your head up. lestat was being stalked by the devil, who tried to recruit lestat to rule his army. lestat meets the devil. meets god, meets christ..saw both heaven and hell, and watched christ crucifixion.....and for good measure bit and drank Christs blood....like forreal Christ. and saw into his soul when he did it.....vampires can see into you when they drink, and that shit was crazyyyyyy....after that more questions aroused as if to he could be killed, and no one till this day knows what he saw when he drank from christ, but when he got back, he just laid down in the middle of a church, and dind't move for months.....

6thbook, while this nigga was just laying down, mad powerful vampires started showing up to stand guard.....this was around the time where they all started considering this nigga royalty. he had more stories than the ancients did....but other vampires wanted to tell their stories too...this one was about armand...prolly the most gay friendly character and book in the series.. lotta disturbing shit.....only book in the series i only read once. i always skip it....jsut too gay, sorry

7th book. felt like a filler story, cuz it was a throw back to louis from interview.... but it was a great story about a black witch who got into a big beef with the vampires and fell inlove with louis. tragic story....

8thbook. the story of marius. one of the more popular and powerful ancients.....also kinda gay, but not as bad as armand......even though armand spent a lot of time with marius. but marius story was immaculate, it goes all the way back to roman times......amazing journey. very tragic. dude lost so many people....and you really get a feel for how long immortality is....

9th book. another side story that mixes the mayfair withces officially with the vampires, lestat comes back and it gets kinda silly

10th book got really silly......Lestat's powers were just ridiculous in this book....like it was comic book level ...nigga wsa blowing up helicopters n shit with his mind.....shit was crazy more witches and vampires, and lestat on his best bullshit. she took a break after this. many people thught she killed the series. real talk the 9th and 10th book can be forgotten

anne rice took a break for a while.....mixing the mayfair witches with the vampires was a bad idea. merrick was great, but the last two books were kinda wack. and she had to respectfuly put all those characters to rest

11thbook.....Prince Lestat comes back to finally take over the vampire wold as the universal leader...and leanrs some interesting things about the origins of all vampires.

12th book...shit gets sci-fi and introduces extraterrestrial beings to the mix. the vampires want to go to war with them, but lestat is like chill, i wanna know their story

13th book...an ancient vampire from the original flock goes on a rampage. due to his age, he's stronger than most the characters combined...as he routinely attacked the court and was wreaking havok. dude wanted revenge on lestat for chopping his arm off in the 11th book when he took over the vampire world and built his court....in the end Lestat kills him and saves Marius who everyone assumed was killed by the ancient. At that point it was pretty much clear that Lestat was easily the strongest vamipire in the world. and while he didn't need the court, the court needed him. they wanted someone to rule over them, and he was the obvious choice

like at this point int he novels....this nigga is literally the King of all vampires , but they still call him the prince....

like Dracula is cool, but he's always presented as something that was always at the top.

I need to reread these books it’s been years since I read them. Yeah agreed on that Armand shit. When I reread I might skip that book. I don’t wanna read that gay shit again. It was just too much.

@Inori

The bold is rarely true. Like the only incarnations I can think of where Dracula was always top dog are Blade 3 and Vampire Hunter D. Most other incarnations, he either had to fight to the top like Lestat or he's not really held in comparison to any other vampires so you don't know where he ranks.

It's not really a fair comparison though. Lestat is a character written by one author as part of one story. Dracula had his initial story written by one author, but has since entered public domain and varies pretty drastically from universe to universe. The Marvel Dracula for instance basically follows the Bram Stoker story at the beginning but then goes on to interact with the other Marvel characters expanding his story substantially. Wheras in the Vampire Hunter D universe, vampires are pretty broken in general given they have powers and scientific abilities that would basically put Starfleet to shame, and to them Dracula is basically a god. So Lestat definitely isn't more powerful than that incarnation.

Yo, considering how God's are portrayed in anne rice universe....

And considering the strength of his army...

They got one time to fuck up, and war it is

Armand doesn't trust Amel or any of his kind. He's said multiple times they all should be wiped out.

All it takes is for something to happen that Armand perceives as an attack, and it's gonna get crazy.

That's what I'm hoping for for the next book. As gay as he is, not one vampire is bout that murder game like Armand.

The bold is rarely true. Like the only incarnations I can think of where Dracula was always top dog are Blade 3 and Vampire Hunter D. Most other incarnations, he either had to fight to the top like Lestat or he's not really held in comparison to any other vampires so you don't know where he ranks.

It's not really a fair comparison though. Lestat is a character written by one author as part of one story. Dracula had his initial story written by one author, but has since entered public domain and varies pretty drastically from universe to universe. The Marvel Dracula for instance basically follows the Bram Stoker story at the beginning but then goes on to interact with the other Marvel characters expanding his story substantially. Wheras in the Vampire Hunter D universe, vampires are pretty broken in general given they have powers and scientific abilities that would basically put Starfleet to shame, and to them Dracula is basically a god. So Lestat definitely isn't more powerful than that incarnation.
Okay...

But lets say we introduce Lestat into that vampire universe, or any vampire universe.

He has a naturally affinity to tempt God, Satan, and death.... Like......

As a character, he's destined to surpass everyone.

Lestat has regularly torn apart covens cuz he can't be resisted. That shit was his physical flaw as a human. So you place Dracula against Lestat... It's only a matter of time before Dracula army is Lestat's

I know I'm biased... But it's just the way he's written. Dude is the embodiment of charisma. Akasha woke up for homie and nothing was ever the same

Okay...

But lets say we introduce Lestat into that vampire universe, or any vampire universe.

He has a naturally affinity to tempt God, Satan, and death.... Like......

As a character, he's destined to surpass everyone.

Lestat has regularly torn apart covens cuz he can't be resisted. That shit was his physical flaw as a human. So you place Dracula against Lestat... It's only a matter of time before Dracula army is Lestat's

I know I'm biased... But it's just the way he's written. Dude is the embodiment of charisma. Akasha woke up for homie and nothing was ever the same

Dracula isn't really ever portrayed as particularly clever, so you're probably right for many universes. In some cases though, he'd just be fodder. Like in the Vampire Hunter D universe, Lestat would be killed off pretty quickly. Charisma doesn't mean shit in that universe. Either you're powerful or not and their power is on another level. Dracula in the Hellsing universe would own Lestat pretty badly too. He kinda just let's people enact their clever plans and then shows them it doesn't matter. Lestat would probably get the better of the Marvel or DC Draculas.

They gotta put him in a death battle one day....

They were making lists a few years back on powerful vampires.... Most lists tend to include Lestat or Akasha...

But I still feel they need more shine.

They inspired a lot to the culture, and a large portion of the world doesn't even know they exist.

Like my wife was thinking about dressing up as Akasha for Halloween....

We googled her..... That shit crazy bruh.... That character is ridiculously under appreciated.... ESPECIALLY considering she was boldly a golden skinned African with full lips

I'm rereading The Vampire Chronicles. I took a break after The Tale of the Body Thief to read Lasher though. I'm about to finish that up and then back to Memnoch The Devil. If I remember correctly, that's my favorite book of the ones I've read.

Came in here to say the bold.

I don't hate tho, it just needs to be given a rest for a while.

There's been some sorta Dracula film/tv in every decade going back to the 1930's/40's.

To be fair, Dracula IS the modern vampire mythos. The concept of vampires and stories about them existed before Dracula, but they didn't become a mainstay in pop culture until Dracula got a movie. After that, for a couple decades, Dracula/Nosferatu movies were pretty much the only vampire movies. It was a while before they started making things about other vampires, and even some of those were just Dracula pastiches.

All that said, Dracula actually did have a series very recently on network television. I thought it was decent, and it came from a unique angle, but it didn't last long.

A lot of that is probably due to the reality that Dracula is in the public domain while Rice’s creations are still under copyright.
But here, celebrate:

First episode dropped today for any of y'all that are interested. Looks like its airing on BBC One over the next couple of days. Total of three episodes.

Not on Netflix until the 4th though

Back