Welcome To aBlackWeb

Dominican republic news: American Couple Found Dead at Dominican Republic Resort

The dr is losing tons of money lol...they're stupid for killing these people and poverty is about to be worse now
I don't think it's intentional.
I think they not regulated properly and allowing tainted alcohol thru.
All the poisoning seems to be centralized...meaning it might come from a central distributor.
This ain't happening to the Americans that's outside the resorts. They are the most unprotected.

A New Jersey man is dead after falling ill in the Dominican Republic, his family says

Joseph Allen's brother is struggling to comprehend how his brother could have suddenly died while vacationing in the Dominican Republic.

The 55-year-old New Jersey man had just received a clean bill of health, Jason Allen told HLN. Joseph Allen worked out with a trainer and had just finished fasting for the Muslim holiday of Ramadan, his brother said.
Nevertheless, Allen's family says he was found dead in his hotel room last week, making him at least the ninth US tourist to die at a Dominican Republic resort, or after becoming ill at one, over the past 13 months.
Preliminary autopsy results suggest that he suffered from cardiac arrest. There were no signs of violence, according to the report, which Dominican authorities provided to CNN.
"I'm not a gambling man but if I had to take my chances with who would drop dead from a heart attack, it would be me," Jason Allen said.

"The idea that this is just something that just kind of happened out of the blue is just pretty difficult for me to wrap my head around."
The spate of deaths has left many Americans wondering if they should cancel their upcoming trips to the Caribbean paradise.
Officials in the Dominican Republic have called the deaths isolated events as they work to reassure travelers their country is safe.
Of the nine Americans who have died at a Dominican Republic resort or after becoming ill at one since June 2018, it's not clear how many were of natural causes.
"In the last five years, over 30 million tourists have visited the Dominican Republic, but this is the first time the international media report such an alarming situation," Tourism Minister Francisco Javier Garcia said earlier this month. "These are isolated incidents and the Dominican Republic is a safe destination."

What we know about Joseph Allen's death
Allen was a Minnesota Vikings fan who put family and friends first, his younger brother said.
"He was a father figure to me. He was a perfect example to me of just a hard worker," Jason Allen said.
"He was selfless, he'd give you the shirt off his back. He helped so many people. He made so many sacrifices, even to the detriment of his own self. And that's how I want my brother to be remembered."
190618163752-01-dominican-republic-death-joseph-allen-exlarge-169.jpg

Joseph Allen died June 13 after falling ill in the Dominican Republic, his family says.
Allen was a repeat guest of the Hotel Terra Linda in the coastal Dominican Republic city of Sosua, Jason Allen said. The resort was Joseph Allen's spot, "his Cheers," the brother said.
When Jason Allen expressed concern over the recent shooting of baseball star David Ortiz in Santo Domingo, Joseph Allen brushed off his fears, he said.
"Everyone knew him, he knew everybody and he just never in a million years saw this coming," Jason Allen said.
Allen's friends told the family that he complained about not feeling well last Wednesday. Hotel staff found him dead in his room early Thursday after friends expressed concern that he hadn't met up with them that morning, his sister Jaimie Reed told CNN.
Jason Allen said he had no reason to believe his brother was killed intentionally. But he wonders if anything at the hotel -- the air, the drinks -- contributed to his death.
"What I do know is that I want no one and their family to endure what we're enduring right now."

Officials say Dominican Republic still safe
Dominican Republic leaders maintain the country is one of the region's top tourism destinations, with more than 6 million tourists last year, including 2.2 Americans, according to the Caribbean Tourism Organization.
Government spokesman Roberto Rodriguez Marchena put out a video calling the country the "largest, fastest growing, tourism destination of the Insular Caribbean." The spokesman said 14 million Americans have visited since 2012.

From 2012 to December 2018, 128 Americans died in the country from something other than natural causes, according to statistics available on the US Department of State website. The deaths include drownings, homicides, suicides, and vehicle and other accidents.
The State Department has a standing travel advisory for the Dominican Republic -- as well other highly visited Caribbean nations such as the Bahamas and Jamaica -- urging Americans to exercise increased caution because of crime.
But the department has not issued a travel alert specific to the deaths in the Dominican Republic, and American officials have not said this year's deaths were connected.
Matthew Bradley, regional security director for the risk management firm International SOS, said in a statement this month that the Dominican Republic is still a safe destination for people to visit.

Wow, another person dead?!!?!!!! It's further away from most of the people ha e been getting sick also. That's around the area I visited.

I don't know if it was posted in this thread already but I seen a news report about some kids getting sick down in Dom Rep while doing a high school senior trip also.

i didnt see this one.
they not reporting this there.

they trying to spin this whole thing into a conspiracy against the island.

but i got a question for the hard alcohol drinkers.

i thought different alcohols had different tastes. is this true?
i am more of a wine drinker and exotic fruit alcohol drinker.

help me understand.

i didnt see this one.
they not reporting this there.

they trying to spin this whole thing into a conspiracy against the island.

but i got a question for the hard alcohol drinkers.

i thought different alcohols had different tastes. is this true?
i am more of a wine drinker and exotic fruit alcohol drinker.

help me understand.

I can't see the IG post at the moment, so don't know the entire context of your question. There's a whole science to the tasting of spirits and some folks have made it a profession. But in short the answer is yes, hard liquors do have different taste.

I can't see the IG post at the moment, so don't know the entire context of your question. There's a whole science to the tasting of spirits and some folks have made it a profession. But in short the answer is yes, hard liquors do have different taste.

Ok....so if I ask for a certain drink, I should know if it tastes different right?

Maybe I'm reaching right now.

Ok....so if I ask for a certain drink, I should know if it tastes different right?

Maybe I'm reaching right now.

If it's your usual drink, yes, the person should be familiar with how it should taste. If it's some new shit or a variant of something, it'll be different in some way.

Mixed drinks are a bit different. Some bartenders/establishments might play around with the recipes. Some places just mix better than others. Just like when eating different foods from different cooks.

Two more Americans — a man from Kansas and a woman from Pennsylvania — died during vacations in the Dominican Republic, amid a recent spate of tourist deaths in the country, according to a new report.

The families of Chris Palmer — a 41-year-old Army veteran from Kansas who died on April 18, 2018, and Barbara Diane Maser-Mitchell, a 69-year-old retired nurse from Pennsylvania who died on Sept. 17, 2016 — came forward to Fox News to report their deaths.

The State Department confirmed the deaths to the network Thursday.

Both Palmer and Maser-Mitchell died of heart attacks, according to official determinations by Dominican authorities, the report said.

Palmer was staying at the Villa Cocotal Palma resort in Punta Cana, according to Fox News. He’d been working at a Mexican resort and went to the Dominican Republic in hopes of selling timeshares and teaching scuba diving there, friends and family said.

He was a salesman and scuba diving instructor who loved traveling, his daughter, Meghan Palmer, told Fox.

In reports given to Palmer’s family, obtained by the outlet, Dominican authorities said that he had pulmonary edema. But those who knew him feared that wasn’t the whole story. “As soon as he died, I wondered if he was poisoned, if he was drugged,” Bernadette Hiller, his one-time girlfriend who remained a close friend, told the network. “He was healthy as a horse.”

At some point during his stay, Palmer told his friends he had a bad headache, Palmer told the outlet.

He was found dead in his room after aspirating his own vomit, Dominican authorities said, according to the report.

Like many others whose relatives have recently died in the country, Palmer’s loved ones said they felt pressured to get his body cremated.

“We are devastated and are seeking answers,” Hiller told Fox. “This was so sudden and unexpected. This has been a nightmare for his family.”

https://nypost.com/2019/06/21/two-more-americans-reported-dead-after-dominican-republic-vacations/

Last edited:
Bride dies after return from Dominican Republic honeymoon

A Louisana bride who went on her honeymoon to the Dominican Republic mysteriously died less than a week after she returned, according to a report.

Susan Simoneaux of Luling died Tuesday in a local hospital after traveling to Punta Cana, a resort town where several Americans have died and dozens more have fallen ill, news station WWL-TV reported.

“I would have never went if I would have known,” said her husband, Keith Williams. “I did not know, to be honest with you.”

Her cause of death hasn’t been determined, but the newlywed’s symptoms were strikingly similar to those of three tourists who died last month while visiting the beach oasis.

Simoneaux had fluid in her lungs when she died — as did Pennsylvania psychotherapist Miranda Schaup-Werner, 41, when she fatally collapsed at the Bahía Príncipe resort in La Romana.

Schaup-Werner died from a heart attack May 25 in her room after having a drink from the minibar.

Five days later, Nathaniel Holmes, 63, and Cynthia Ann Day, 49, were also found dead with fluid in their lungs at the same resort. The engaged Maryland couple’s cause of death was ruled respiratory failure and pulmonary edema.

Simoneaux’s family said an autopsy will be ordered, according to WWL-TV.

Friends took to social media to pay tribute to the newlywed with photos from her wedding.

“Pictures speak a 1,000 words. Look at my friends on their wedding day May 11, 2019,” Ronjae Mott wrote on Facebook. “Now her husband, Keith has to prepare for his wife funeral.”

Alabama teacher latest to die in the Dominican Republic from cosmetic surgery

An Alabama high school teacher who traveled to the Dominican Republic for elective procedures died from complications, according to a report.

Alicia Renette Williams, a 45-year-old mom, suffered blood clots from going under the knife June 2 on the Caribbean island, news station WBRC reported.

Williams, who taught English at Huffman High School, died from complications five days after the procedure. Her body was brought back to the US on Monday, according to WBRC.

“She was a diva and she loved fashion. She loved her students and her students loved her,” family friend Myla Bennett told the news station.

Birmington City Schools confirmed the ninth-grade teacher’s death Wednesday in a statement.

“Our hearts go out to her family during this tragic situation, and she will be missed by the Huffman community,” the statement said.

Williams is survived by a 14-year-old son.

Her death marks the second American tourist to die this month from cosmetic surgery on the island. New York City restaurant worker Manuel Nuñez, 28, died after undergoing liposuction last Tuesday at a clinic in Santo Domingo.

Yeah fuck the DR, alot more beautiful places on earth then to touch that place right now.

All these dumb ass hoes on IG talking about "fuck that they just lying in the media to stop folks from going, me and my girls about to turn up 8n DR next week while yall dumb asses believing the hype"......come next week:

cIT3HBnqe2Y24sH9oBo6XvrG5AOtzBewlEP1zGYFAcvGMkxS2nUBaQgABzSs3Xkz.png

ok this has officially hit my second spot in boca chica.
i only got juan dolio, guava berry and the capital thats not touched yet.

im just not sure what resort in boca chica.

Another American death is being reported in the Dominican Republic, this time a man from Long Island.

A U.S. State Department spokesperson confirmed to CBS2 that Vittorio Caruso from Glen Cove, N.Y., died on vacation there this month, but his cause of death is unknown at this time.

Caruso’s death comes just a day after the island’s tourism minister said the rash of deaths is “not a mystery, and that most of the autopsies show the tourists died of natural causes.”

The FBI has a team in the Dominican Republic investigating the American deaths.

On Friday, federal officials say the mysterious death of Queens mother Donette Edge Cannon while on a family vacation to the island is part of a disturbing trend in the Caribbean.

On the last day, Donette began complaining of severe stomach pains and started vomiting. Her family said she did have known health issues, but they don’t know why she got sick to begin with.

Cannon died that same day at a local hospital. The cause was ruled as kidney failure, and her family says the hospital did not have a dialysis machine.

The family is wondering if her death was just the start of a bigger problem. On Friday, the U.S. State Department confirmed the death of three more Americans in the last three years, including Cannon’s.

MORE: 2 More American Tourists Added To List Of Mysterious Deaths In Dominican Republic

joseph-allen.jpg

Joseph Allen, 55, of Avenel, was found dead last Thursday inside his room at Terra Linda Resort in Sosua. (Photo via CBS News)

Joseph Allen of New Jersey, died in the D.R. last week.

His cause of his death has not been released. Local autopsies concluded most of the other Americans died of alleged respiratory problems or heart attacks.

MORE: Staten Island Mother Becomes The Latest Person To Mysteriously Die In The Dominican Republic

In the case of a Staten Island woman vacationing on her own, Dominican officials claimed their toxicology machine was broken and no report would be filed.

Local officials also made the claim that another American tourist simply died of “shock” after seeing her husband die.

Just yesterday someone brought this up to me, and I randomly said "its prob bootleg alcohol made in dirty tubs". I said it as a joke, but after i really thought about it & it could be right. Never know if an animal fell in and died and they kept the batch instead of throwing it out.

Just yesterday someone brought this up to me, and I randomly said "its prob bootleg alcohol made in dirty tubs". I said it as a joke, but after i really thought about it & it could be right. Never know if an animal fell in and died and they kept the batch instead of throwing it out.
Sadly you might be right.
I once went to a dude to support his food cart ..forgot the hood I was in.
But a dude brought him chicken.....
Like opened up his trunk...took out a bag of chicken..bleeding and dripping on the ground.
yall had to see my eyes.

i did insult alot of people that day.....
but i had the fish and til this day i call it the dirty cart.

aye yall hungry? yall going to the dirty cart?

i respect everyone and how they prepare their food...but that shit caught me all off guard.

What happened to Dan Wright? B.C. man dies after Dominican Republic trip

A B.C. woman is speaking out after her husband suddenly fell ill and died on the way home from the Dominican Republic.

Prince Rupert resident Meghann Wright told CTV News she and her husband, Dan, a longshoreman, made the trip for a friend's wedding in April.

They were set to stay for a week, but Dan got sick on the fifth day following a deep-sea fishing trip. Two days later, they went to the local hospital in Punta Cana.

The next day, the couple flew back to Toronto as scheduled, but Dan never made it past the layover there.

His wife isn’t sure if Wright’s death could be connected to other tourist deaths in the Dominican Republican, and she doesn’t understand the findings of the initial coroner’s report, which said Dan died from a heart attack.

"Dan was always the centre of attention. He walked into the room, he was the funny guy, the jokester. He was an extremely good athlete," she said, adding that "he was a 40-year-old guy that liked to eat red meat and drink beer, but he was also pretty active."

Wright, who’d been with her husband over 15 years, added that he excelled at everything he did.

A GoFundMe page for Wright has raised over $21,000, more than double its goal.

On Thursday, the Ontario coroner confirmed it launched an investigation into Wright’s death—a typical move in cases with unexpected deaths—but couldn’t comment further because of privacy rules.

The tragedy adds to a growing list of mysterious deaths in the Caribbean.

At least 10 other Canadian and American tourists have died under questionable circumstances in the Dominican Republic over the last year. That includes 55-year-old Joseph Allan from New Jersey, 53-year-old radiologist Leyla Cox from New York, and Nathaniel Holmes and Cynthia Day. Family members have questioned official findings, and it some of the cases, those who died had reportedly consumed alcohol from hotel minibars.

The FBI is involved but so far both U.S. and Dominican Republic say none of the deaths appear to be connected.

CTV reached out to Global Affairs about Dan Wright’s case. A spokesperson extended his thoughts to the family and friends, but wouldn’t comment further, saying only that Canadians should exercise caution in the Dominican Republic because of the country's high crime rate.

CTV News has not heard back from the resort where the Wrights stayed.

@King Freeman @Northside7
yall thought yall was safe

Back