Welcome To aBlackWeb

Dominican republic news: American Couple Found Dead at Dominican Republic Resort

DOS_patos

Unverified Legion of Trill member
Can we not merge this with the world new thread.
that thread seem to be only about the US.
this doesnt need to get lost.

dr-hotel-deaths-700x420.jpg

A Maryland couple has been found dead at a resort in the Dominican Republic, a discovery that came during the same week a Delaware woman said she was severely beaten at a resort in the Caribbean nation.

Cynthia Day, 49, and her fiance, Nathaniel Holmes, 63, were found dead in their room at the Bahia Principe hotel on May 30, reported the Dominican Today. The hotel is inside the Playa Neuva Romana resort.

An official told the local outlet that the cause of death for both victims has not been pinpointed as of yet, but that the bodies showed no indications of violence.

The couple arrived at the resort on May 25 and were due to leave the day they were found deceased.

The deaths were confirmed by the United States Embassy, Sonya Jackson, Day’s sister, told NBC Washington. Holmes’s sister said that she’d spoken to her brother as he was on vacation and he told her he “was having a great time.”

The U.S. State Department currently has a level 2 travel advisory for the Dominican Republic, which sits on an island in the Caribbean bordering Haiti.

“Violent crime, including armed robbery, homicide, and sexual assault is a concern throughout the Dominican Republic. The development of a professional tourist police corps, institution of a 911 system in many parts of the country, and a concentration of resources in resort areas means these tend to be better policed than urban areas like Santo Domingo. The wide availability of weapons, the use and trade of illicit drugs, and a weak criminal justice system contribute to the high level of criminality on the broader scale,” the State Department stated.

The deaths of Day and Holmes came as a Delaware woman revealed that she was brutally assaulted while on vacation in the Dominican Republic earlier this year.

Tammy Lawrence-Daley, 51, shared the details with people on Facebook, warning them to be cautious while traveling.

She said she went to get a snack, telling her husband she’d be back soon. As she walked in a resort, she was attacked by a man wearing a hotel uniform and shoved into a maintenance room, where he severely assaulted her, leaving her with nerve damage, a “ripped” open mouth, and a broken nose, among a slew of other injuries.

“This man thought he killed me, but he failed. He is still out there, a predator, waiting for his next victim,” she wrote, while she urged people to “be smart, be safe” in unfamiliar places.

She said it didn’t seem likely that the perpetrator would be found. A Dominican police spokesman told The Associated Press that investigators are still probing the attack, months after it happened in January.

“There is a lot of conjecture about the case, a lot of information that doesn’t match some of the statements,” Col. Frank Durán said. “We have to wait for the investigation to end.”

The bodies of a New York couple vacationing in the country were found in April. Orlando Moore, 43, and his girlfriend, Portia Ravenelle, 32, were reported missing after they suddenly disappeared during a romantic getaway; the bodies were from a car accident.

Wonder what's behind this.

Hostility/jealousy of Americans..........or is this a way of lashing out against their own government?

Possible frustration over the violence the locals face all the time............so they try to disrupt the tourism industry to get the gov't's attention.

@DOS_patos

You know the area better than most..........what's it really like out there?

Wonder what's behind this.

Hostility/jealousy of Americans..........or is this a way of lashing out against their own government?

Possible frustration over the violence the locals face all the time............so they try to disrupt the tourism industry to get the gov't's attention.

@DOS_patos

You know the area better than most..........what's it really like out there?
Alot of factors come into play.
The Maryland they saying was poisoned. But that may not be because of locals. Or an unintentional mistake with something else like cooking bad food.

The NYC couple...they could have been ran off the road and robbed. That's why no is. Or the crashed then was robbed..
Stripping a body is nothing ....but rental cars are often targets. I always recommend people not rent cars.
Now the road is a but winedy it's not bad for a US driver.

But I do see alot of disrespect there coming from Americans. Teasing the language and the way people live. Shit is foul. But it's mostly not far from tourist areas they do this....and sometimes in the hoods.

But them dudes just be waiting....an the more you fuck with them the more they will take you out given the chance.

But it's just like any good in the US.
Dont disrespect the locals.
They are also getting tired of the pedos and Chinese. They been running them out or killing them.

Man I got stories for days about the DR.

I know its many factors that play into crime, but I bet a big reason is locals are tired of ppl coming there stuntin'.

It says a lot about the world that we vacation in places where the weather is nice but ppl are starving.

I know its many factors that play into crime, but I bet a big reason is locals are tired of ppl coming there stuntin'.

It says a lot about the world that we vacation in places where the weather is nice but ppl are starving.
Thing is..
The DR has the highest GDP in the Caribbean.

China have them $3bil.
Its the corruption that keeps them poor.
A lot of people only make $300 a month

Thing is..
The DR has the highest GDP in the Caribbean.

China have them $3bil.
Its the corruption that keeps them poor.
A lot of people only make $300 a month

Yeah the bolded will make a nigga grab the burner quick fast.

If I ever decide to visit DR, I get at you for a connect on a rent-a-pistol

Never plan on going to the DR or Brazil. I love my marriage too much. I visit either one this going to be me except them bitches going to be naked and I'll have a couple boxes of condoms!
tenor.gif

giphy.gif

Yeah the bolded will make a nigga grab the burner quick fast.

If I ever decide to visit DR, I get at you for a connect on a rent-a-pistol
Man look. I have certain drivers for certain things...
No one person knows it all.
And I try to never criscross. Niggas will sell you out quick. Cuz everyone just trynna eat.

Like a popular poster once said.
Move like a thief in the night

Never plan on going to the DR or Brazil. I love my marriage too much. I visit either one this going to be me except them bitches going to be naked and I'll have a couple boxes of condoms!
tenor.gif

giphy.gif
Brazil ain't like that bruh.
What you see on TV is just that.

Man look. I have certain drivers for certain things...
No one person knows it all.
And I try to never criscross. Niggas will sell you out quick. Cuz everyone just trynna eat.

Like a popular poster once said.
Move like a thief in the night

Smart. Philly taught you well.

My old barber went a few years ago and showed me a bunch of naked pics of all the bitches he was down there fucking. Seemed like a dope vacation spot but the news lately has been unsettling.

Smart. Philly taught you well.
true....

when sion came down......my normal show the city driver had car problems.....and the other drivers i dont take people around cause i dont trust them but so far,. them niggas good for weed runs and if you need a hammer or shake someone down. one nigga straight up go deported from the states. but his daughter is fire....she still live in the bronx. shes off limits but good lawd. but anyway we was making a run once and someone cut him off......this nigga wanted to shot dude for it. we calmed him down....but a few days later...he talking bout...oye pantera, come take this walk with me.

im like naw cuz....
i mean hes cool but aint too stable.

My old barber went a few years ago and showed me a bunch of naked pics of all the bitches he was down there fucking. Seemed like a dope vacation spot but the news lately has been unsettling.
and i know where most of them are....thats the only thing dude want to see when they are there.
and the ones who dont want to trick......i got places for them too.

as long as people are respectful...they dont have no problems.
most of them want to hang with us....its just them niggas who go stuntin and flossin and trynna be loud pick me ass niggas.....or cant handle the looks....them dudes have the most problems.

I always think it's funny when people are scared or refuse to visit certain countries based on a few violent incidents. That's just as funny as when people from countries outside America think America is dangerous. They watch the news and hear about gun violence, random shootings, school shootings, gang bangers...etc.

Go to any country you want and enjoy yourself. It's a big world with lots of beautiful places. Just don't do dumb shit. For example, If you visit Brazil, don't go into a random favela in the middle of the night..etc. Speaking of Brazil one of my best friend and his girlfriend just came back from Salvador in Brazil and they loved it. I've never been to Brazil but that's a country I'd like to go to in the near future.

Last edited:
I always think it's funny when people are scared or refuse to visit certain countries based on a few violent incident. That's juist as fuuny as when people from countries outside America think America is dangerous. They watch the news and hear about gun violence, random shootings, school shootings, gang bangers...etc.

Go to any country you want and enjoy yourself. It's a big world with lots of beautiful places. Just don't do dumb shit. For example, If you visit Brazil, don't go into a random favela in the middle of the night..etc. Speaking of Brazil one of my best friend and his girlfriend just came back from Salvador in Brazil and they loved it. I've never been to Brazil but that's a country I'd like to go to in the near future.
very true.
niggas talk about they from the grimest places but be scared of others.

Just went to Puerto Plata in March. Had a good time and chilled with some cool locals. Like many have stated already in here, you have to be smart and be aware of your surroundings like any other place.

Back