Welcome To aBlackWeb

Does It Make Sense To Collect Sneakers?

If I'm buying a pair of shoes I'm doing it to wear them. I guess you can call it collecting after a certain amount but I wear all my shit.

Plus I don't sell my shoes. I've never understood people who are into wearing used shoes. If I'm spending hundreds of dollars I want some shit that has not and will not be worn by anybody but me.

I dont collect as much as I used to, a major reason is because so many fckn hypebeasts and bots have ruined the game/culture and couldnt tell you one thing about sneaker history or they cram as much knowledge as they can stunt like they really 'get it' because its popular...

One example below epitomises everything that is wrong within hypebeast world...

This dude I used to regularly see at the gym, he had NO style whatsoever, he wore beaten up hi top Supra sneakers, had no idea about sneakers or hip hop culture (or basketball for that matter)... No diss, I thought good for him, hes being himself and doesnt care for sneakers... So we talked about regular gym sh!t...

18 months later this same dude, had grown a hipster beard, wears skinny jeans (they look painted on smh) and has all of a sudden become the biggest fckn hypebeast on earth, his IG is full of every hyped up sneaker from Yeezys to J's (he also has mad played out supreme sh!t too) ... He must buy 100 sneakers a day because he has EVERY hyped up sneaker on earth and they must be from resellers too because he wasnt even a sneakerhead when they dropped... Not only that hes doing all the hypebeast things like meeting up with fellow hypebeasts at sneaker launches...

I honestly could not believe the change within such a short period of time, its truly madness, his whole style and personality is different its like Jekyll and Hyde lol but I just thought, man fck this sneaker culture its so fugazi...

The whole idea of being 'a sneakerhead' was NOT wearing the same sh!t as someone else and making your sneakers actually match with you outfit... Outfit architecture is Not wearing Yeezys or basketball sneakers with painted on skinny jeans, its just wrong on so many levels, pure violation that just makes me despise hypebeast culture...

Rant over...

But how does this work when you're 60 years old and ready to retire?

You have a thousand sneakers and nothing in your 401k nor IRA.

You won't be able to retire, but you got enough sneakers to wear a different pair every day until you're 100.
Bruh lmao

Cause a nigga collect sneakers he dont have a 401k lmao

aight

I dont collect as much as I used to, a major reason is because so many fckn hypebeasts and bots have ruined the game/culture and couldnt tell you one thing about sneaker history or they cram as much knowledge as they can stunt like they really 'get it' because its popular...

One example below epitomises everything that is wrong within hypebeast world...

This dude I used to regularly see at the gym, he had NO style whatsoever, he wore beaten up hi top Supra sneakers, had no idea about sneakers or hip hop culture (or basketball for that matter)... No diss, I thought good for him, hes being himself and doesnt care for sneakers... So we talked about regular gym sh!t...

18 months later this same dude, had grown a hipster beard, wears skinny jeans (they look painted on smh) and has all of a sudden become the biggest fckn hypebeast on earth, his IG is full of every hyped up sneaker from Yeezys to J's (he also has mad played out supreme sh!t too) ... He must buy 100 sneakers a day because he has EVERY hyped up sneaker on earth and they must be from resellers too because he wasnt even a sneakerhead when they dropped... Not only that hes doing all the hypebeast things like meeting up with fellow hypebeasts at sneaker launches...

I honestly could not believe the change within such a short period of time, its truly madness, his whole style and personality is different its like Jekyll and Hyde lol but I just thought, man fck this sneaker culture its so fugazi...

The whole idea of being 'a sneakerhead' was NOT wearing the same sh!t as someone else and making your sneakers actually match with you outfit... Outfit architecture is Not wearing Yeezys or basketball sneakers with painted on skinny jeans, its just wrong on so many levels, pure violation that just makes me despise hypebeast culture...

Rant over...

What is Hypebeast?

What is Hypebeast?

I consider it a person who buys sneakers purely based on it being hot or a 'in' thing to do and not because they actually rate and have knowledge on them, i.e Yeezys or a particular Jordan...

Thats not to say everyone that buys that sneaker is a hypebeast... because you may like that sneaker for what it is and have been into sneakers before and after it been the cool thing to do...

I consider it a person who buys sneakers purely based on it being hot or a 'in' thing to do and not because they actually rate and have knowledge on them, i.e Yeezys or a particular Jordan...

Thats not to say everyone that buys that sneaker is a hypebeast... because you may like that sneaker for what it is and have been into sneakers before and after it been the cool thing to do...

So it's not a brand?

I myself liked to collect sneakers a lot for the sake of fashion but few months ago I suffered from high arches and Dr advised me to buy some good shoes and sneakers for dealing with the heal pain originate due to high arches. So, I had to collect them now for this problem :P

Back