Welcome To aBlackWeb

Does It Make Sense To Collect Sneakers?

5 Grand

Old School Godfather
I see rappers that collect sneakers. Sometimes you see Youtube videos of rappers showing off how many sneakers they have. I was just watching Drink Champs with Clark Kent and he said he collects sneakers. I've seen Bow Wow's sneaker collection and one of the dudes from Migos.

Is that a good investment? I mean, they'd all be the same size which kinda limits how easy they are to sell.

Isn't there something more practical to invest in?

Personally I have two pair of Nikes, two pair of Timberlands and a few dress shoes. If I had millions of dollars I doubt if I'd buy more than 5 or 10 more pair of shoes.

I think collecting sneakers is just the cool thing to do in todays climate because so many people are doing it and its become bigger with much money involved. I'm a shoe head but I buy a variety of different sneakers from addias, nike, new balance etc and i actually buy them to wear.

I know some folks that don't even wear all their shoes, just collect them to say hey look at my collection. Unless you buying hype beast shoes and flipping them to where you know you're not going to wear them then collecting those is a good investment.

My friend bought 2 pair of those dunks that came out, the ben and jerry joints and these monster looking ones and flipped them both for a band.

If these kids see Travis Schott wearing like a pair of jordan 1s or dunks that are coming out, best believe they gonna be sold for triple the price once they're purchased.

Interestingly I was telling my cousin the other day its amazing how far the shoe game has come compared to when we were buying jays in middle school and high school. Back then if you wasn't up at 4 or 5 a.m. to get in line, you weren't getting those shoes. It makes you wonder why didnt they just do this for us to begin with. It would of been way less drama but I suppose thats part of the times changing.

You'll find jordans on anyone's feet today. I saw a soccer mom in the store one day with some jordan 1s on. I had to do a double take like wtf

Last edited:
I have Kobe's I bought back in 2016 that I go for jogs in. I been wondering how much they'd be worth now.

I'm watching this Clark Kent interview. He says he only wears a pair of shoes once and he's been doing that since 2004.

With 365 days in a year, over 15 years ago; That makes at least 5,475 pairs of sneakers.

But to answer the question,

Some ppl collect as investments.
Some ppl collect for the joy of it.

Both reasons are solid enough so long as it doesn't amount to some crazy, unsustainable addiction. spend within ur means.

Love shoes/sneakers but I actually buy them to wear. Sneakers, boots, loafers, etc

I remember when I was in 5th grade I had got some all silver Air Max Plus. I literally can't find a picture of them is like they never existed.

Didn't wear them to school at first, waited till we had to switch our clothes for gym. I came out the restroom stunting on everybody! A nigga couldn't tell me nothing, that's when I knew shoes were my thing.

I hate what sneaker culture has become though but yes it's an investment and is very lucrative if you know what you're doing.

I guess.

but like someone else said.....I think it’s the cool to do. I’m sure there are people who love it as a hobby. Some like to stunt and others want to be down.
I can see it as an investment too...

I have Kobe's I bought back in 2016 that I go for jogs in. I been wondering how much they'd be worth now.

He had a few pair of shoes that were worth a lot. When he died they sky rocketed. I dont know why I took so long to get some however that pissed me off so bad because I missed out on some elite 10s I wanted from back in 2016. Before Kobe died most of his shoes were no more than maybe 260.

Man them joints like 3 hundred and up now

i used to try to collect jordans but i hated waking up early and lining up like a dumbass for a shoe

I wouldn't consider myself a collector but I got a gang of shoes. Jordans, Kobe's Penny's, Pippens, AF!'s, etc. The thing is I wear my shit. You won't catch me with some busted ass shoes. My son spends thousands on shoes and doesn't even wear them. That's silly to me but it's his thing. He always talks about what they are worth. I remind him they are only worth what you can sell them for. I collect $5 bills and have been for years. That's silly to everyone else but I know exactly what my collection is worth.

As a former sneakerhead in myself, no, not in the abundance that they do now (hundreds of pairs)

strictly my opinion though... there is a better way to spend money

But how does this work when you're 60 years old and ready to retire?

You have a thousand sneakers and nothing in your 401k nor IRA.

You won't be able to retire, but you got enough sneakers to wear a different pair every day until you're 100.

Collect different things, that's quite normal. Some people just have a passion for sneakers..

Back