Welcome To aBlackWeb

Doctor Dre (Yo MTV Raps) loses his vision in fight with diabetes

I have diabetes. It's under control because I take my meds and I modified my diet (I still eat sweets, but not as much as I used to).

A few years ago I got the wrong medication because of a screw up at the hospital. After a couple of weeks my vision got blurry and I couldn't read the computer screen. I had to buy glasses. But I got the proper medication and got my eyesight back. Ever since then I've been more careful about what I eat and drink.

My problem was that I was drinking Sprite, which has 44 grams of sugar in a 16 oz bottle. I switched to Arizona Iced Tea which has around 17 grams of sugar, depending on the flavor.

I never made the switch to diet soda because although it doesn't have any sugar, it tastes disgusting.

thats scary....I def have a sugar problem....so does my dad

nobody is diabetic tho...on either side

I have diabetes. It's under control because I take my meds and I modified my diet (I still eat sweets, but not as much as I used to).

A few years ago I got the wrong medication because of a screw up at the hospital. After a couple of weeks my vision got blurry and I couldn't read the computer screen. I had to buy glasses. But I got the proper medication and got my eyesight back. Ever since then I've been more careful about what I eat and drink.

My problem was that I was drinking Sprite, which has 44 grams of sugar in a 16 oz bottle. I switched to Arizona Iced Tea which has around 17 grams of sugar, depending on the flavor.

I never made the switch to diet soda because although it doesn't have any sugar, it tastes disgusting.

My ex-fiancee was diagnosed with early Type-2. While she was living with me we had an issue where her sugar spiked and got her feeling fucked up. She got scared and I drove her ass to the ER to get checked. We had a heavy ass dinner and a bottle of wine with it. The ER doc told her to be careful with alcohol and heavy foods 'cause it can cause her sugar to spike. She was told to just keep an eye on her blood sugar levels and everything will be fine.

She changed her diet, got her health in order and beat it; there's hope for you homie.

Until then...

Mine happened in a similar way this past summer.
Never been diagnosed with it.
Doc prescribed me some cold medication that turbo'ed my levels to 473.
I was in the hospital 4 days later, that side affect attributed to diabetes.
It wouldn't have happened otherwise they claimed.
My family also has a history of it and my diet didn't help things either.
Diagnosed with type 2 Diabetes at that point.

Back