Welcome To aBlackWeb

Poll Do you use guides to play video games?

Do you use guides

• Total voters

AP2.5

Beef Authority
Site Administrator
Back in the day, we had everything from Game Genie to Nintendo Power magazines that would often give tips to shit you probably would've never figured out on your own

FF to today, we have Youtube, the internet, twitch, etc... to help when we get stuck and whatnot

Me personally, i use them, but ONLY if i get super stuck. I used to feel bad about it but now?? Fuck it

My gaming time is extremely limited these days and I play games for fun and not frustration. Its different than not beating a boss (which on occasion, i've looked up tips, but i usually try to do it on my own), but if im at a puzzle or some shit, nah b...we gonna go to youtube to see how you get past it

Im trying to maximize my time by enjoying the game, not getting pissed off at it.

Generally im like you, i only use them if im super stuck and been stuck for an hour or more.

On Dark Souls and Bloodborne though, i like watching complete Walkthrough videos as im playing the game. I do this because the games are difficult af, but there are also so many secret items/areas and very specific strategies for certain areas and I will have a fucking stroke before i would figure it out most times. On repeat play throughs I wont watch walkthroughs for Souls/Borne tho.

i NEED one for games like "subnautica"

it doesnt hold your hand at all

then in watching these, i didnt realize this game was in early access for damn near 4 years. No wonder they know all the shit about it lol

I only ever used a guide for one game: Starcraft/Brood War.

I contributed to several online guides way back inna day, specifically for the arcade versions of MK2, MK3, KI, and Blood Storm.

I only ever used a guide for one game: Starcraft/Brood War.

I contributed to several online guides way back inna day, specifically for the arcade versions of MK2, MK3, KI, and Blood Storm.
how frequent do you game now?

thats a long ass time ago man

in the past year?

Nah, nothing from the past couple of years. The only games that have raised my eyebrow recently was Fallout 76 and Destiny 2, and I really need to upgrade my pc's graphics card before I jump into either one.

Nah, nothing from the past couple of years. The only games that have raised my eyebrow recently was Fallout 76 and Destiny 2, and I really need to upgrade my pc's graphics card before I jump into either one.
brah, i really think you would like xcom 2

xcom: enemy unknown was my first xcom game. I never played the original. Have you?

brah, i really think you would like xcom 2

xcom: enemy unknown was my first xcom game. I never played the original. Have you?

I stopped playing the Xcom series at Interceptor, mainly 'cause Quake, Quake2, Tribes, and UT 99 was taking up all of my time.

I stopped playing the Xcom series at Interceptor, mainly 'cause Quake, Quake2, Tribes, and UT 99 was taking up all of my time.
oh man, you need to get this then

it was just on sale with all the dlc like 75% off. Get this if you can

I also recommend "subnautica"

if I pull my phone out for clues im probably mad as shit and its a last resort

I try to run it on my own for the most part

but yeah, every game has a part that'll make you go take a smoke break and hit the nerd blogs lol

if I pull my phone out for clues im probably mad as shit and its a last resort

I try to run it on my own for the most part

but yeah, every game has a part that'll make you go take a smoke break and hit the nerd blogs lol
i had to pull a guide out on Mafia 3 b/c some shit with the story

I think the fastest i've ever went to one was when i was playing "The Evil Within". Like literally within the first 5 min of the damn game, i had no clue on how to advance

when i youtube'd it, i felt dumb as shit lol

I had to pull it on God Of War a few times

I aint no expert gamer or nothing....there's lots of harder games I dont even fuck with

i can think and find shit better then I can do 1st person maze shootouts while building bridges and shit

Only if I get stuck for a prolonged amount of time...

co-sign about GOW...

I had to use it for the furies....

I had to pull it on God Of War a few times

I aint no expert gamer or nothing....there's lots of harder games I dont even fuck with

i can think and find shit better then I can do 1st person maze shootouts while building bridges and shit

Only if I get stuck for a prolonged amount of time...

co-sign about GOW...

I had to use it for the furies....

i had someone tell me "there's no shame in it, its not like anyone will know"

after i said "you right"

i went to youtube then shrugged

Reactions: 1/2
i mean why else have a computer in your pocket?
but i be wanting to have that feeling i figured it out on my own lol

its stupid, yes, but like i said, i dont play games to get aggravated which is why, to this day....

never beat mike tyson in punch out

lmfao

man I got that shit on the nes mini and barely gettin past Honda

I feel you.....its just no real shame in it

personal pride, meh

Back