Welcome To aBlackWeb

Do you observe Lent? What will you give up this year?

Whiskas

Curiouser & Curiouser
Easter.jpg

It starts coming Wednesday March 1st, btw, for all you heathens. :D:p

I am giving up junk food, candy and alcohol. :(:)

So a few years ago I was randomly talking to this nice women in the store and she said that she stop giving stuff up for lent because most of what we give up is stuff that not good for us it stuff we shouldn't be doing anyway. Instead she promised to do something more, she gave examples like study a scripture each day, donate one thing from her closet each day, buy a dollar toy and drop it off at a shelter or hospital etc. So I've given it some thought and I think I might go that route this year.

So a few years ago I was randomly talking to this nice women in the store and she said that she stop giving stuff up for lent because most of what we give up is stuff that not good for us it stuff we shouldn't be doing anyway. Instead she promised to do something more, she gave examples like study a scripture each day, donate one thing from her closet each day, buy a dollar toy and drop it off at a shelter or hospital etc. So I've given it some thought and I think I might go that route this year.

That's really amazing!

I will give that idea some thought myself. I have so many things that are kind of useful but maybe not worth moving (I am moving). If I can give them away to the needy that will be the best solution.

No but I'm always willing to give up certain things for a period of time
....especially if its unhealthy
I might participate.

Back