Welcome To aBlackWeb

OPINION Do you feel your vote matters?

I know your statement comes from ignorance but you don’t and that’s what may irritate people. Niggas assume they vote and get to make absolute statements like this but it just shows you have no idea what this is.

If you have the opportunity, I’d love you to list the bullshit reasons. That’s a super vague statement. Bullshit leaves too much wiggle room for interpretation

When you say what people need to stop stop doing, make sure you got the next step they should be doing. I’ve heard people who’ve asked you to withhold your vote, State their reasoning and intentions. Do the same from the opposite side, that’s how you start a dialogue and find common ground. When you resort to bringing up my great grandmother, you’ve shifted the conversation. You don’t know my ancestors, let’s not speak on them. Let’s do business

It has to be understood that this is a capitalist society and everything under it is business 1st and foremost. So while you vote and appeal to good hearts, at least understand that
My exact point is nobody should talk politics who can vote and choose not to. Your literally not doing anything to push change. Its not a complicated subject thats just the truth which is not a form of ignorance. Im not one of those people who say your wrong for voting somebody i dont agree with and ancestors died for this and all that talk , i know thats extra bs to push your views but all im saying is i dont take anybody serious who talks politics and doesnt even vote to attempt to push change.

Last edited:
My exact point is nobody should talk politics who can vote and choose not to. Your literally not doing anything to push change. Its not a complicated subject thats just the truth which is not a form of ignorance. Im not one of those people who say your wrong for voting somebody i dont agree with and ancestors died for this and all that talk , i know thats extra bs to push your views but all im saying is i dont take anybody serious who talks politics and doesnt even vote to attempt to push change.

Your point would be valid if voting was the only way to push change politically.

My thing is this, if you dont vote and have every right to.........

Just dont talk politics. Your not even attempting to try and make a difference beside telling the internet or your friends why you shouldnt which is usually 99.999% bullshit reasons. People need to stop peddling shit like blacks should be focused on bigger things or the system is already corrupt.

That's not true. Politics is more than voting on leaders. Community activity is just as important. Volunteering, teaching, coaching, and all that good stuff are similarly important

It's kinda fucked up since judges are technically supposed to be impartial and therefore of no particular party association so they don't print one for them on the ballot usually but we all know that's bullshit.

I think a lot of people either go off name recognition, leave that shit blank or do it like a multiple choice test when you don't know the answers. Shit maybe I should run for judge - I got a decent-sounding name.
One way to tell is by who appointed them.

Shout out to Lucy Mcbath she could have crawled in the proverbial hole and died but she didnt... shout out to the 19 black female judges who won in texas..More that less apathy and defeatism

Ok bruh. After you vote, I want you to tell me exactly how you benefited from it. No more crying on the Internet. Cool?

Sorry to tell you, but it isn't instant gratification like some winning lotto scratch off ticket

And whoever told you this misinformed you

True,there are expectations,but most of the time its a chess game not checkers

Bro, I never said anything about instant gratification. Now, again, how have you benefited from voting, present or future?

I always thought this was such an short-sighted question.
But here's something that may beyond you and other anti-voting cadre, comprehension

When the candidate I voted for wins their election and push for laws,policy and legislation I agree with or support
YES, I may ""benefit"" but a lot of times I DO NOT personally ""benefit""

I pretty much explained this in a previous . I have family,friends, and associate that are affected. Or maybe I just believe a current law or policy is wrong, and it needs to be reversed or revisited even if it doesn't directly impact me . I still believe it's (morally) wrong.

Back